Giant slayer?

Giant slayer?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Has anyone completed the Giant Slayer achievement, ive been playing since August and I only have 6/10 giant kills, Ive killed loads in orr, is it bugged?

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

Giant slayer?

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

There are only a few Giants which count towards this. Most of the Giants you see are Risen Giants, therefore they count as Risen.

Giant slayer?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Risen Giants count for Risen Slayer achievement . There are some non Risen giants in the game but not much. So are there people who has finished it?? well I’m always surprised how much dedication people put into things and it is possible.

If you want it these are the giants you can kill:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_giant_assaulting_the_Town_of_Nageling
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Help_Shining_Blade_Kimber_defeat_Kol_Skullsmasher
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Giant_ (outside an event)

So in total 3 giants (there are others but they are not hostile)

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Giant slayer?

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

A lack of Giants is rather irritating considering the abundance of everything else on the slayer tracks . I am hoping when the Crystal Desert opens up the sand giants down there will count for this title though when it will open up is another question entirely .

Giant slayer?

Dyno.9467

thx guys, I should of known the orr giants were risen :-/

I dont think ill be doing this achievement for a while lol

Asura – Desolation

Giant slayer?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

There’s someone, I believe on Jade Quarry, who claims to know a place where average, non-Veteran Giants run freely and naively through fields of lesser creatures, singing songs of larger things, such as themselves, without a care in the world while the smaller and presumably far better armed creatures of the world sit on soft, grassy hill sides on blankets eating fruits and cheeses from baskets, sipping wine, and watching as the children play. Occasionally they ‘think’ of killing a giant, which happily is enough to increase their giant slayer statistic by one point, without having to actually slay a giant, which would be unthinkable in these parts.

But it’s a secret, and that person won’t tell us where the magical land of peaceful giant (non-)slaying is.

Giant slayer?

Dyno.9467

Well im an Asura so everyone and everything should be a giant

Asura – Desolation

Giant slayer?

notebene.3190

Well im an Asura so everyone and everything should be a giant

Here was his/her second post, clearly mocking (all in good fun) my quest for giants.

Perhaps we need to get in the raft with Marshal, Wil and Holly?

At any rate, if you find the magical land, please let us know.

Giant slayer?

Posted by: Blacksmith.8679

Blacksmith.8679

As of right now, I am 364/1000.

Giant slayer?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I just helped kill the champion giant in Diesaa Plateau. Now I have 2 killed in only 5 months. Only 998 more to go. Hmmmm. This may take a while. :/

Giant slayer?

notebene.3190

Where did you find your giants?

Giant slayer?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Well respawn is 1.5m to 3m and you can get two in Brisban. If you camp the spawn then you could get that over a weekend …

Giant slayer?

notebene.3190

Well respawn is 1.5m to 3m and you can get two in Brisban. If you camp the spawn then you could get that over a weekend …

Ok, thanks.

Giant slayer?

Astral Projections.7320

Two in Brisban? I know of one in Hirathi hinterlands (Krol Skullsmasher), one in Diessa Plateau (in town of Nageling) and and one (non champion in Toxol Bog) in Brisbane. Where is the other in Brisbane?

Giant slayer?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Two in Brisban? I know of one in Hirathi hinterlands (Krol Skullsmasher), one in Diessa Plateau (in town of Nageling) and and one (non champion in Toxol Bog) in Brisbane. Where is the other in Brisbane?

Same spot, sometimes it’s two.

Giant slayer?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Maybe it depends on the number of people doing the event? Both times I’ve done the quest to help U.N.I.T. by myself and only 1 Giant spawned.

Giant slayer?

Astral Projections.7320

Same spot, sometimes it’s two.

Ahhh kk, thanks. I guess there is camping in my future. ^^

Giant slayer?

Posted by: Oscar.4628

Oscar.4628

I know only Champion giants so it’s kinda hard for me to complete it now ^^
Prolly find more after some more exploration.

Giant slayer?

Blacksmith.8679

The one in Brisbane, to answer questions, will spawn two if more than one person is there, otherwise it is only one. The cooldown on the event is 10 minutes after completion. It takes ~5 minutes to complete the event…the golem only walks so fast.

The area is also very good for weapon masteries with all the white critters around. 373/1000

Giant slayer?

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I am still open to the possibilty that anet will add more giants in the future. Preferably non event spawns.

Giant slayer?

Blacksmith.8679