Gold making

Gold making

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: kazaa.9140

kazaa.9140

whats your personal gold making ways?

tending to find “just play the game” works rather well.. but any new farms or runs that I may be unaware of? appreciate the help

Gold making

Posted by: Nordom.3485

Nordom.3485

for me my primary source of income is T4 fractal dailies which usually net me around 10-30g daily for not that much effort plus the 20g weekly for clearing raid bosses(plus you have chances of getting ascended from those 2 sources). Other than that, AB farming works quite well these days as far as I’m aware

Gold making

Posted by: Chingiz.9167

Chingiz.9167

Tarir multiloot > Silverwastes > Fractal 40 farm > Dungeon speedrunning > Cursed Shore train > SW chest farm > Frostgorge Sound Champ train.
Then are a bit more “complicated” methods like trading post flipping.
And of course – mystic forge and ecto gambling (know when to stop)
Also you can buy fine dyes -> salvage (w/ basic kit) -> sell for nice profit (usually)
Then you can craft ascended materials every day, it really pays off.
Somebody here also mentioned wood farming (hard wood is most expensive atm, i guess) but i find that method to be extremely boring and not that so good compared to other farming methods.
I’ll edit this later when i get home, apologies for any mistakes (and my english ^^)

(edited by Chingiz.9167)

Gold making

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I play the game, killing everything and harvesting everything.
Killing everything nets me lots of bags and loot. I know some complain about all the bags BUT the loot inside I either sell on the TP for gold or salvage it.
Harvesting (and salvaging) everything nets me LOTS of materials to either use for crafting or selling on the TP, sometimes making lots of gold that way. It all depends on the prices on the TP.
Whatever I sell on the TP has to be going for more than double than selling to a merch. Usually things sell for way more than double. Sometimes I hold off on selling certain materials when they are selling for low amounts since I know the prices usually go up.

Right now I have over 300 gold. At times I have given 50 to 100 gold to family and some friends and than made it all back selling extra materials.

Gold making

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

My nights mostly consist of doing my dailies, then going to silverwastes where I grind my life away and wonder about the direction my life is heading. I’ve spent so much time at Amber Sandfall I feel it should be my guild hall by now, but at least it’s a fairly lucrative affair.
Also I may be prone to exaggeration.
But not about the amber sandfall thing. I really do spend more time there than probably anywhere else in gw2.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Gold making

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Tarir multiloot > Silverwastes > Fractal 40 farm > Dungeon speedrunning > Cursed Shore train > SW chest farm > Frostgorge Sound Champ train.
Then are a bit more “complicated” methods like trading post flipping.
And of course – mystic forge and ecto gambling (don’t!)

This and dont forget to add “log farming” which i believe you can search for the t2-t4 tree areas to farm

Gold making

Posted by: Hardik.9241

Hardik.9241

Mine would be flipping stuff at TP, make 100s of gold a day while you can actually enjoy other content(ex: pvp) with no worries of having inadequate gold for any item that you would need.

Gold making

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

I hate to necro a post but I had a related question: Why is Tarir better than Silverwastes? Sure you can get a ton of loot trough multiloot, but what about the downtime in between that? In Silverwastes you get about 40 bags per 20 minutes average, but also, Silverwastes bags contain T6 mats, and extra coin upon opening. The only advantage I saw Tarir have is tons of rares for ectos…

(edited by Ice.5162)

Gold making

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I hate to necro a post but I had a related question: Why is Tarir better than Silverwastes? Sure you can get a ton of loot trough multiloot, but what about the downtime in between that? In Silverwastes you get about 40 bags per 20 minutes average, but also, Silverwastes bags contain T6, and extra coin upon opening. The only advantage I saw Tarir have is tons of rares for ectos…

It’s not one or the other.

You do Tarir when it’s available, then go back to SW once the downtime starts.

Loot/time wise Tarir multi loot beats out any other farm at the moment.

Gold making

Posted by: Eros.6801

Eros.6801

Because i dont have to sit like 10 hrs+ a day doing sw non stop to get enough loot, for AB i just wait for meta pop – kill octo and loot then i have like 1hr down time doing whatever i want or relax a bit.

Sure thing is sw are much better than AB if you have ton of time or long term farming but i still prefer AB due to my lack of playtime, beside like @Cyninja said combie both farming map will get you more loot.