Gone for a year; what did I miss?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

Hello all,

I stopped playing shortly after the Halloween event last year and have decided to give GW2 another shot. It seems like much has changed and I am somewhat overwhelmed. I would really appreciate it if someone could please give me a quick rundown on what I should be doing / what I can do now that I couldn’t do a year ago.

I think I understand the basic idea behind the living world. Is there any way to access past living world events? I know that might defeat the purpose of the “living” aspect but I’d hate to miss the content / rewards.

Have there been any significant changes to gear? My character is level 80 but I have no idea what I can do or what I should be doing anymore.

Feel free to chime in with any and all advice that you think might be helpful to a player who is both new and old. Thanks very much!

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

You cant replay any off the past living world content. They are preparing some fractals to summarize the most important and fun bits. The temporary content had a lot of critique and the team is activly working on more permanent content for the living story. But for now it is as it is.

The most important two changes in gear are
a: ascended gear. This started almost a year ago with ascended trinkets and backpiece. Just recently this has been adapted by the introduction off ascended weapons (craftable as acccountbound only). soon we will get ascended armor as well.
b: no more magic find stats. Magic find is now completely accountbound. You increase it through salvaging fine/masterwork items or ecto’s. If you still have an old magic find gear on your character or inventory you can double click it and choose wich stats you want from now on (currently all stats are removed on those items).

Last off all I would recommend statrting a new and fresh character to refresh your skills. Just to get the hang of things again before you dive into dungeons or living story content.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Blueroseknight.7954

Blueroseknight.7954

Thanks! I was messing around on my lvl 80 last night in low level zones and I think I’m up to speed as far as my play style. I am pretty curious about the fractals; I’ll be sure to check that out