Good FPS Rate?

Good FPS Rate?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Giovanni.4156

Giovanni.4156

I currently play GW2 with the graphics settings on high and have an average fps of about 30. I just wanted to know if this was good enough or if I should reduce my settings. Also, what would be a good fps to aim for. Should I sacrifice graphics for runtime or the other way around. I know it depends on the PC, but I would just like to know what fps is good and what is just ridiculously low.

Good FPS Rate?

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

FPS and racing games you want higher, almost all other games are fine at 30. In an mmo with pvp components you want low latency on your internet for full benefit.

Good FPS Rate?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

What FPS is good depends on you. Do you feel like the lower FPS is negatively affecting how well you are playing? If it IS negatively affecting how well you play, do you care? It is fine not to if you are still enjoying the experience.

I usually play at around 50-60 but I generally don’t notice anything unless it dips low enough that turning the camera feels sluggish which is usually in the 20s.

Good FPS Rate?

Posted by: Laithes.3571

Laithes.3571

I like to shoot for around 60, the movement is much smoother, and I don’t notice most of the stuff that I turn off anyway. But a good range for the future is anything lower than 30 becomes kinda unplayable, and anything over 60 your eyes can’t really track anyway so there’s no use.

[Fire] Laithes – Level 80 Ranger and proud Commander of Borlis Pass.

Good FPS Rate?

Posted by: Mates.3821

Mates.3821

anything over 60 your eyes can’t really track anyway so there’s no use.

One’s eyes can distinguish even 400 FPS, the thing is that most monitors render at 60Hz, which means it can render a maximum of 60 frames per second.

To the topic, I’m extremely sensitive and experienced person to framerates, with my 60Hz monitor, I’m able to see if the framerate even drops to 55. With the new GPU and CPU I got, I have most things except for shadows and sampling maxxed, and except for giant fights and Lion’s Arch it’s 99% of the time 60FPS. (With VSync turned on, obviously)
In the end, it depends on the person, if the person is comfortable with 30 FPS (looking at you, console players), it’s their own opinion.