Good armour/weapons for lvl 12 elementalist?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Stealth.6971

Stealth.6971

Ya so I’m still a low level but I’m still getting owned in the 1-15 lvl zone when attacked by like 2 or 3 ghosts… I currently have crappy apprentice clothing and I have weapon and armour smithing skills. I just don’t know where to get good gear and what’s the best gear I can get? I can’t wear any of the armour that I can make either.

Posted by: Stealth.6971

Stealth.6971

Noob question but If I have 2 daggers, does my damage get doubled?

Posted by: Nukum.4502

Nukum.4502

Right now is the best time to get armor and weapons off the TP. Because there are a lot of folks trying to level their crafting, lots of good low level items are listed at 1c over vendor level. For Elementalist I’d go after stuff with cond. damage stats.

Dual Daggers doesn’t double your damage, but each weapon does its damage in turn. It’s no different than if you had Dagger / Focus, or any of the combinations of main and off hand weapons.

Posted by: Siveon.8759

Siveon.8759

Your off-hand weapon damage only affect your 4th and 5th skills, if you only use one 1-handed weapon you will only have 3 weapon skills.

You can craft, buy from the “auction-house” or just get weapons from karma vendors(every time you complete a heart quest the npc becomes a karma vendor).

My guess is that you are one of those players that stand still casting their skills, if this is true then having a better weapon wont help you, try kitting and dodging their attacks while you are fighting which is the way the game is meant to be played.

Posted by: Verge.8453

Verge.8453

Noob question but If I have 2 daggers, does my damage get doubled?

GOOD QUESTION. ok here’s how it works. stat additions (like precision) are combined, ofc. but weapon damage (125-138) is specific to the weapon. so if your main hand does X damage, skills 1-3 are drawing from X, while 4-5 are dependent on offhand’s Y damage.

Y will not affect 1-3 and X will not affect 4-5 except in rare instances where it is clearly denoted (case in point: dual-wielding axes on a ranger, skill 4 states it hits w/ both axes, also, many thief skills have dual-wield type skills (i think it’s always the 4 slot).

this is confirmed from the wiki and my own personal experimentation

Posted by: Verge.8453

Verge.8453

Ya so I’m still a low level but I’m still getting owned in the 1-15 lvl zone when attacked by like 2 or 3 ghosts… I currently have crappy apprentice clothing and I have weapon and armour smithing skills. I just don’t know where to get good gear and what’s the best gear I can get? I can’t wear any of the armour that I can make either.

youre probably a ltng. elementalist, like i was @ 1st. for leveling, go fire.
GO FIRE. the dps is immense and they have more maneuverability (especially @ 1st) than others. go w/ staff so you can down large groups effectively. when you need to heal, switch water, lay down skills 5, 3 (in that order), switch to lightning (using skills 2 and 3 predominantly) until fire cools off, switch to fire, continue normal dps rotation.

your spec. should be mostly in fire w/ extra points in stone for the toughness

this is a leveling spec, not an endgame spec.

oh, and go staff