I used to always do FRAPS :P

Regards, oRx

“Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal.”
- Tupac Amaru Shakur (1971-1996)

Good& free recording software?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

That’s free? I remember the free version only recorded for like 30 seconds and you had to pay like $10 or so for the full version.

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

OBS is a very good free streaming and recording software.

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

I use shadowplay, which comes with NVIDIA graphics cards

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

OBS. definitely OBS. I dumped fraps like a bag of bricks after finding OBS. Shadowplay has never worked properly for me and requires the nvidia experience, which I find to be, going with the bag comparisons.. A bag of.. Kittens?

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

I also recommend OBS (Open Broadcast Software). I wanted to add though, that I’ve tried some of the other programs before. FRAPS is a huge fps hit if I remember correctly, largely due to lack of video options. Bandicam works well and is easy to use, but the free version adds a watermark and limits the time to 10 min per file (you can just use multiple files if you want). One important note about Bandicam, and probably some other software also, is that when using the video card render option (instead of one of the CPU options), your max resolution may be limited – it failed to record at 2560×1600 with a Radeon HD 7970. It probably only supports up to 1920×1200, but idk about the newer R series cards from AMD (not worth the upgrade vs the 7970) or Nvidia cards. If you’re not running at a ultra high resolution, it might be worth giving something a try that supports video card rendering.
The main downside to OBS, is that it isn’t as straight forward to configure as the other options, due to OBS being mainly a streaming software, with the ability to record to disk as an option. But, it has more config options than most other programs, so you can adjust the settings according to what your computer can handle (lossless is an option too, but is a huge fps hit). You can make high quality lossy recordings at a relatively small fps loss, compared to other software.

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Shadowplay works perfect for me, only downside is that I have to record TS3 seperatly and later add that audio to my files.

And I never had problems with that “GeForce Experience”
NVIDIA only though.

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg