Good kill speed, great survivability...

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Vaelfear.7249

Vaelfear.7249

What class BEST suits that description?

I have a level 80 Guardian and I’m looking for an alt with the above mentioned attributes. I’ve played all classes to around level 10-15 or so and still can’t decide for myself.

Can any of you with higher level classes shed some light on what you think would be the best PvE leveler/heart quest/harvester (oh kitten I just got mobbed while harvesting and I survived) ?

Posted by: vidiotking.1928

vidiotking.1928

I have a Ranger, only level 35, but, when I go afk, I rarely die because my pet takes the agro and more often than not, kills the offending mob.

Led Zeppelin, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Grateful Dead, & Miles Davis.

Posted by: Proeliator.8740

Proeliator.8740

Any class that has both high dps and great survivability is probably OP. Balance in classes is constantly shifting especially if the dev team is doing it’s job. I wouldn’t bank on whatever you think is great today being great tomorrow. That being said I love my warrior!!!

Posted by: jwburks.9735

jwburks.9735

I suggest you don’t play an Elementalist. You will die more often than any other class, and your damage will disappoint you to the brink of suicide.

We heard . . . we listened . . . we ignored.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I would definately say thief.

Probably the best at kiting, aoe, move speed as far as PVE goes.

Stick on your Signet of Malice, shotgun clusterbombs in a group of mobs (3 tics of healing per mob, per clusterbomb), or kite them all with caltrops + clusterbombs + poison gas.

Signet of Shadows for speed boost + Initiative regen + Infiltrator Arrows to get around.

Posted by: Dynellen.4739

Dynellen.4739

Warrior, first tier trait that gives 40 precision per signet+all signet utility skills along with some precision gear gives you 70-100% crit chance. At that point hundred blades can kill most mobs without any other skills needed and it hits multiple enemies as well. Heavy armor+passive regen from healing signet is enough to keep your health at 100% against 1-2 enemies usually.

Posted by: vengeance.7529

vengeance.7529

Warrior.

Highest health and Hundred Blades.

Vengeancee ~ LVL80 Elementalist
In theTop 70 to reach lvl 80 :)

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

To those saying elementalist is weak: Learn to put points into water, switch attunements, have enough points in fire where you can auto-lava while downed, and don’t forget condition damage for radiation field and burning. DoTs will help you when you’re downed, especially if they stack. You could then rally, DoT kite and wait for self-heal to go off CD, and repeat if necessary.

Posted by: Khaldar.7486

Khaldar.7486

Thief… I rarely, rarely ever die in PvP unless I get myself caught in the zerg. And I do significant damage in DEs and PvP (AoE and ST).