Good set of eardbuds or headphones for GW2

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: David.5693

David.5693

Hey I find myself in need of a good set of earbuds or headphones for GW2 and TS. I would like a built in mic. I could normally just do a google search and see what people like, but I am particularly interested in how a particular product works with GW2, as I find this game has some quirks.

I am not an audiophile, and I don’t listen to music very often, so I don’t need super top of the line.

I would also prefer earbuds, because of comfort. But I want the mic with it for TS.

What do you guys use?

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

I use Turtle Beach Stealth 450, because theyre wireless. i have some significant hearing loss but I can hear almost everything quite crisp and clear with these, and the wireless is nice for being able to walk around sometimes

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

I use Siberia Raw Prism, Steel Series 61410. They’re about $60 US. They’re large and the ear cups cover your ears, but they’re very comfortable. They’re USB only, so they’ll take up one of your USB connections. The sound is great for gaming, good for music. I’ve used them with GW2 and Team Speak, and they work very well. The mic is not a boom mic, it’s just a little nub sticking off of the left ear cup. So you don’t have to worry about it getting out of position, and and having to move it around to get it back to where it picks up your voice again.(which was a pain with my previous headset)

(edited by Elden Arnaas.4870)

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

I love Turtle Beach sound, but if you’re doing voice chat be sure to avoid any headsets that play back your mic into your earphones. I have some Turtle Beach ones that do that and while it seems convenient because you can hear what you sound like, what it really keeps doing is causing a weird echo many times when I use VOIP because the headphones are not soundproof and some sound leaks out that the microphone can pick up. It’s really quite strange…

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

I’m still using my old Logitech G930. It’s wireless and has these nice buttons on the sides so I can keep talking even when I’m on the toilet! :p

Downsides on the G930 however were the odd audio glitches like an increasing buzz that can come out of nowhere where you have to shut down the headset; which had something to do with USB sleep mode I think in Win7 (I shut that one off and only rarely have issues now). Also the fact that the quality of the pleather ear- and headcovers is very poor and tends to tear and flake after a year or so. Unfortunately Logitech does not sell those parts individually, but fortunately you can get cheap replacements for at least the ears from China on Ebay.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: Znake.9762

Znake.9762

I recommend doing research on the options you are considering. Many headsets focus mostly on the listening experience and the mic might be bad. The end result will be that you will sound awful on VOIP.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Generally a set of headphones+a separate mic are the way to go but without a budget mentioned get a pair of HyperX Clouds. They’re incredibly comfortable, have great build quality, good audio quality (they’re rebranded Takstar Pro80s, which are a pretty well recommended entry level headphone), and are priced well.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

I love Turtle Beach sound, but if you’re doing voice chat be sure to avoid any headsets that play back your mic into your earphones. I have some Turtle Beach ones that do that and while it seems convenient because you can hear what you sound like, what it really keeps doing is causing a weird echo many times when I use VOIP because the headphones are not soundproof and some sound leaks out that the microphone can pick up. It’s really quite strange…

this voice feedback irritates me as well, but you can turn it off on all Turtle Beach models. this is the 3rd headset from this brand Iv owned and they have have been able to have that turned off