Got an ascended ring from a world boss

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: derokk.7154

derokk.7154

Hey guys,

Quick question, what do you do with ascended gear you get from (whatever you did) when the item in question does not have the stat you wish it had?

I got a ring but the stats are not what i need for my build…

And i can’t sell it in the Blacklion TC

Thanks !

Posted by: Nordom.3485

Nordom.3485

As far as ascended rings are concerned you can’t do much; the options are:
vendor it for 5s, keep it in case you might need it in the future, or salvage it if you have spare asc salvage kits. Amulets and accessories follow the same rules, but are a bit harder to come by, so keeping them is encouraged
Keep in mind that ascended weapons/armor are an exception and you can change their stats, making the potential random drop invaluable

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

vendor it for 5s, keep it in case you might need it in the future, or salvage it if you have spare asc salvage kits. Amulets and accessories follow the same rules, but are a bit harder to come by, so keeping them is encouraged
Keep in mind that ascended weapons/armor are an exception and you can change their stats, making the potential random drop invaluable

i didnt know ascended rings could be salvage!? :O
but then again i never bother to look it up since before the salvage kits came out i destroyed all the rings i didnt wanted. like the ones with toughness, healing, vitality and all that source of things, tanky stuff.

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

never, abso-skrittely ever should you sell the ring for 5s. Buy an ascended salvage tool for 1g. Getting 4 matrices yields a net return, but most people get at least more than 5 on a single ring. I,d say ~10 is average? They’re pricier than ectoplasmas.

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

The average amount of matrices for non-infused rings is usually around 3-4. It’s nearly never worth salvaging them if you need to buy the salvage kit

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

The average amount of matrices for non-infused rings is usually around 3-4. It’s nearly never worth salvaging them if you need to buy the salvage kit

If thats your average, then you stand nothing to lose. Even if you make only around 10-20s profit, its more than the 5s you get for selling it. My personal experience is that salvaging is still always better sometimes you break even, and sometimes you make profit

Wikipedia’s research gives you a bit more than 4-5, though, closer to 6.

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• You should always attune the ring before salvaging. The costs are one AR+1 (~2 silver), an Agonized Essence (24s), the ring (5s), & part of a spirit shard. You get an extra roll for matrices which more than pays for the cost/effort.
  • Anyone who fractals regularly has more salvage kits than rings and those who don’t fractal regularly can almost always find use for the few rings they find from other sources.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

• Anyone who fractals regularly has more salvage kits than rings and those who don’t fractal regularly can almost always find use for the few rings they find from other sources.

Though you’re right on the other points, I can’t comprehend this one. Though I too feel that the supply of rings got significantly lowered with the new FotMs, asc. salvage kits are even rarer, at least to me and each and everyone I know that I do FotM with.
So salvaging a ring almost everytime comes with an invetment of 1 gold (and that’s when putting aside that me and others still got several bank tabs of ascended rings in our banks).

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Though you’re right on the other points, I can’t comprehend this one. Though I too feel that the supply of rings got significantly lowered with the new FotMs, asc. salvage kits are even rarer, at least to me and each and everyone I know that I do FotM with.
So salvaging a ring almost everytime comes with an invetment of 1 gold (and that’s when putting aside that me and others still got several bank tabs of ascended rings in our banks).

Weird. My group has the opposite problem. We joke that getting the salvage kits is like losing money, since they take up extra inventory space.

Incidentally, it’s not that we don’t receive rings; the drop rate seems similar to what it was before (although I confess, we aren’t keeping track of rings). It’s just that for every 4 rings we get, we usually get 5+ salvage kits.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

Weird. My group has the opposite problem. We joke that getting the salvage kits is like losing money, since they take up extra inventory space.

Incidentally, it’s not that we don’t receive rings; the drop rate seems similar to what it was before (although I confess, we aren’t keeping track of rings). It’s just that for every 4 rings we get, we usually get 5+ salvage kits.

Haha, lucky you(s). We’re more on the 1:2 to 1:3 kits to rings ratio. Guess it’s just another example of RNGsus doing his thing in this game

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.