Grief Knockdown?

Grief Knockdown?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I usually see it when there’s a zerg standing around kitten or Claw. I don’t recall if I’ve experienced it anywhere else. I’ll just be standing around, maybe even just waiting for the event to start (in the case of Shat), or getting ready to start shooting at Claw at the beginning of P2, and ‘someone’ has the ability to knock a bunch of us down?

Is that an ability that a class has, to just knock everyone down when they feel like it? Maybe some item that is doing that?

Just happened to me standing on ‘The Rocks’ waiting for kitten during the “I bet I’m more racist, sexist and angry than you” festival, was curious as to how people are doing that.

Thanks.

Grief Knockdown?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

At claw they use the pact bombs. Not sure about sha…erred.

Grief Knockdown?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

During phase 1 you can pick up bombs to run up to the ice wall. If a person doesn’t throw the bomb or use 1 to place it, it’ll just stay equipped until it explodes. The explosion knocks down the carrier and those right next to him.

Grief Knockdown?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Thanks. I wonder what causes it around Shat? I wonder if one of the mobs that sometimes appears around there has a knock down?

Grief Knockdown?

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: knockdown in Shatterer area – There’s a phenomenon called “Enchanted Flames”(I think) which looks like ball lightning. It tracks you and knocks you down. If you had just entered the map it might not be rendered yet, or you might not have noticed it. (sometimes it can get to you very quickly) It’s unkillable and I think the only way to avoid it is to outrun it and break aggro.
<edit: they’re Spectral Flames>
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/What-the-heck-are-Spectral-Flames/first#post4430101
and
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Spectral-flames/first#post4260026
Maybe this is what is knocking you down in the Shatterer area.

(edited by Elden Arnaas.4870)

Grief Knockdown?

Posted by: Dora.2451

Dora.2451

Not to derail the topic, but similar (and odd): at Teq, a commander (!), pre-event, called out “Stack on me”. Many did, and something he did knocked folks back, and (I think) downed some. I don’t have any idea what it was (I told the cmdr that folks might not listen to his instructions during event…).

Any ideas? I really didn’t understand what happened so I may have mis-interpreted what I saw.

Grief Knockdown?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Not to derail the topic, but similar (and odd): at Teq, a commander (!), pre-event, called out “Stack on me”. Many did, and something he did knocked folks back, and (I think) downed some. I don’t have any idea what it was (I told the cmdr that folks might not listen to his instructions during event…).

Any ideas? I really didn’t understand what happened so I may have mis-interpreted what I saw.

Was he standing on a spot where a fish head spawns?

Grief Knockdown?

Posted by: Dora.2451

Dora.2451

It was right at the usual Teq zerg spot – I don’t think the ‘fish heads’ spawn right there, but I could be wrong. Nice idea, though!

Grief Knockdown?

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Tequatl’s foot will hit the zerg if players are too close and will knock them back.