Guardian Range

Guardian Range

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: xDrac.5932

xDrac.5932

Q:

So, in WvWvW I kind of feel totally useless as a Guardian, lol.
Because most times all I see is either zerging or people standing on walls using ranged weapons. And as a Guardian I clearly lack effective ranged weapons, do I not? At least that’s the way I feel. So I kind of just stand around and try and buff my people up but that gets kind of really boring because I won’t earn any kind of coins or experience from that.

Guardian Range

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

just grab a staff and a hammer and scream “YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!” each time the # 5 skill on each is recharged lol

Guardian Range

Posted by: Siam.1278

Siam.1278

If you’re defending on the walls my advice is just use a scepter and use your 1st and 2nd skills as we really don’t have much option in range combat, or you could always take a siege weapon and use that instead.

Guardian Range

Posted by: tairneanach.8427

tairneanach.8427

You could try scepter/focus. That gives you quite a few ranged attacks. You could also try setting up or manning a siege engine.

Guardian Range

Posted by: Revenant.2691

Revenant.2691

Scepter’s kinda borked because the attacks are slow and easy to dodge. I use Staff for ranged. Line of Warding’s great for ruining people’s days when they try to play peekaboo at doors, the #2 and #3 skills are decent for attacking siege on walls (nowhere near perfect or even “good,” but every little bit helps), and the are heal/might is awesome for large groups. The auto-attack’s even good for keeping enemies back from the door since it’s basically a ranged melee attack, and can actually do some excellent DPS to mass groups, especially with a crit build and a flame blast on crit sigil.