Guardian help

Guardian help

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Blake.3609

Blake.3609

Is Staff and Mace/ shield good for leveling with a friend ? and they will be playing a ranger

Guardian help

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Haven’t seen many staff Guardians in PvE, but mace&shield is a pretty solid combo. Maybe go with a greatsword instead of the staff so that you have more tools to keep you in melee? Then your ranger friend can more or less stand back and shoot if he or she is using a bow, or you’ll both be able to do some damage in melee.

(edited by DEKeyzToChaos.7381)

Guardian help

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

You’ll be fine with that setup, I think. It probably isn’ the most optimal, but it will be fine, as long as you enjoy it.

I play a guardian and my wife plays a ranger. The Fire and Light combo fields I put down combo well with her bow. If you find yourself low on damage with the mace, try a 1-hand sword. It should improve your mobility and up your damage a little bit—again, if it isn’t fun, don’t do it. Better to take 10 more seconds to get a kill and have fun than be bored quickly.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Guardian help

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

On my Guardian I use mace/focus for defense and scepter/torch for dps. They work pretty good. I’ve tried everything else that a Guardian can use and this works best for me.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Guardian help

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

while leveing up my Guardian i was sword / torch until i found the hammer.DD
didn’t start using scepter and staff until i hit 80 and dove into dungeons / WvW.

now i mainly use the hammer and / or greatsword sometimes. then on my second set, it’s almost always the staff now! sometimes it will be scepter and shield, or scepter and focus depending on the situation.

the staff mainly for traveling using Symbol fo Swiftness (#3 skill). and #4 for crazy might stacks, as well as burst healing (if you trait for altruistic healing —> Valor line grandmaster trait).

for leveling, GS and or the sword is very good for mobility and high damage. GS for some cleave. sword is good single target. more combo finishers on the GS as well : )). i personally lvoed the hammer though so that’s what i stuck with. the mace / shield is more defensive so more suited for dungeons perhaps, but as long as you enjoy it, you should stick with it! if specced right, the mace still hits like a TRUCK! and you’ll find yourself almost never dying : ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall