Guild Bank and Servers

Guild Bank and Servers

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Penarddun.6827

Penarddun.6827

I’m returning after not playing for a long time and I’m very confused about the details of guilds with the new Megaserver.

My friends (and their guild) are on a different server than I am, so I’ve been using the guest function to play with them. However, I can’t access any of the guild functions, except to view who is online. I can’t see any of the upgrades.

What does a “World” mean now if not tied to a server? And how does it affect my gameplay with friends?

Does this mean I don’t need to use the “guesting” feature on the character login page anymore? I was considering actually transferring to my friend’s server but I don’t want to spend the money if everything is going to be joined together soon anyway. Also, I like my “world” that I chose from the beginning and don’t really want to change. But I would like to be able to give my friend’s guild influence when I play.

Any clarification would be great, thank you!

(edited by Penarddun.6827)

Guild Bank and Servers

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As far as guilds are concerned, they’re still tied to a server. That WILL be changed, however; Anet has said they hope to have that changed by the end of the year, I believe. But, for now, if you want to be able to use a guild bank, give their version of the guild influence, and get the guild upgrade buffs and such, you’ll need to either transfer to your friends’ server or join a guild on your server.

As far as just playing together, you and your friends can just party up and join eachother in the same version of a map, without having to Guest anymore. Obviously, though, you won’t be able to play with them in wvw unless you transfer to their server. But, outside of wvw and the guild stuff, there’s really no need to transfer servers if you don’t have the gems/gold/desire.

Guild Bank and Servers

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

The megaservers are still a work in progress and currently a load of features are being worked on and thus can be a bit difficult to work with.

Guilds are still very much world-tied. Influence is earned per world and upgrades are done per world. (E.g. Guildbank, but also 10% increased anything-buffs.) As for guesting, you can simply team up with your friends and the game will put you in maps together (and if they don’t you can click their portret and click “join in XX” Do take note that you to need to guest to the Guild’s world for guildmissions or you won’t get the reward This is quite important to remember and tends to go wrong often for a lot of guilds. Also re-guest after a dc if you’re doing guildmissions.

Eventually the megaservers should share everything except World vs World (for obvious reasons) so I’d personally hold of on transferring unless you enjoy WvW together, but it can take a while for everything to be working flawlessly.

Official gw2 post to confirm what I’m claiming here. Megaservers, guilds and the future

(edited by Esmee.1067)

Guild Bank and Servers

Posted by: Penarddun.6827

Penarddun.6827

Thank you both for your replies, definitely much clearer than the release notes.

So even when guesting and representing my friend’s guild, I’m still contributing to my own one-person guild pool on my own server. Bank included. The Megaserver hasn’t affected this aspect yet.

And if I’m on a guild mission I still need to “guest” after each disconnect or I won’t get the reward.

If I’m understanding correctly, if not on a guild mission there is really no benefit to guesting since the Megaserver allows you to play/party up with friends, and all the guild stuff is unfortunately still completely separate (at the moment).

I think I will hold off transferring then. I’m assuming the influence I am accumulating will be combined with my friend’s guild at the end of the year if/when the Megaserver works toward that goal.

Guild Bank and Servers

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Thank you both for your replies, definitely much clearer than the release notes.

So even when guesting and representing my friend’s guild, I’m still contributing to my own one-person guild pool on my own server. Bank included. The Megaserver hasn’t affected this aspect yet.

And if I’m on a guild mission I still need to “guest” after each disconnect or I won’t get the reward.

If I’m understanding correctly, if not on a guild mission there is really no benefit to guesting since the Megaserver allows you to play/party up with friends, and all the guild stuff is unfortunately still completely separate (at the moment).

I think I will hold off transferring then. I’m assuming the influence I am accumulating will be combined with my friend’s guild at the end of the year if/when the Megaserver works toward that goal.

Yup, that’s all correct. Except I’m not 100% sure about the last part about the influence being combined once guilds are cross-server. I think we’d have to wait and see about that one.