Guild Banks: Good or bad?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Enzeru.2789

Enzeru.2789

Q:

I got this comment on a reddit post I made about whether or not guild banks would be combined across all servers after the big update to guilds in the mega server system.
http://i.imgur.com/FngbAQ6.png
Do people really hate guilds with guild banks or is this guy just trolling?

Guild Leader of Dragonheart Legion [DL] on Meguuma.

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

He’s specifically talking about Bank Guilds, not Guild Banks.
A Bank Guild is a guild with very few members who’s sole purpose is to act as an extension of your personal storage.

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

He’s specifically talking about Bank Guilds, not Guild Banks.
A Bank Guild is a guild with very few members who’s sole purpose is to act as an extension of your personal storage.

Wait, is it bad..? I was adviced to do so since it was a easy way to get some free room. Could those Guilds or Banks get suddenly deleted or something? I don’t think something so radical would happen, but the guy on that comment really makes you think that Anet hates that :x

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

He’s specifically talking about guilds with one or a very small number of members whose sole purpose is to have a bank for extra storage space.

I’ve never heard of anyone being banned for that though, and I know a lot of people (myself included) with these guilds. They’re also discussed frequently on the forums and Anet have never said anything against them.

The nearest I’ve ever heard of was gold sellers using them to transfer gold/items, but then it was selling gold that got them banned, not having a small guild with a bank.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

It’d be nice to have a developper reply, but I don’t see how this violates anything in their terms of agreement. The guildbank is earned just like in a guild (buy some influence with gold is still somewhat earned) It simply comes with some risks: Guildbanks don’t transfer server with you, nor will the items be restored like your inventory in case something bad happens. (Hack.)

Pokecenter.3548

I didn’t even know about those risks lol.
And regarding the server transfer, can’t people from diff servers access to the very same bank, if they are in the same guild? If so, shouldn’t you be able to use your guild bank, even if you end up transfering somewhere else?

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

It’s not breaking any rules. If anything, building a small guild bank, whether personal or with one or two friends, serves as a gold sink considering the only means of building it in due time is to buy influence to run the researches and unlocks. And it’s not that much different from using said gold to exchange for gems for a (much smaller) bank tab unlock.

And yes, sadly they don’t transfer over (yet) with their member(s), but they seem to want to make the guild stuff cross-dimension with the incoming megaserver.

Pokecenter.3548

I see, that explains it then.

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

And regarding the server transfer, can’t people from diff servers access to the very same bank, if they are in the same guild? If so, shouldn’t you be able to use your guild bank, even if you end up transfering somewhere else?

No, guild banks are server specific. Only those on the same server can access the guild’s bank. Guild members on a different server have their own separate bank.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

Pokecenter.3548

No, guild banks are server specific. Only those on the same server can access the guild’s bank. Guild members on a different server have their own separate bank.

So that means that if A and B are on server X and C and D on server Y, they all can deposit/withdraw stuff from Guild Bank, but there will be like 2 separate Stashes, 1 for server X and another for Y? So the things that are deposited by A+B can be withdraw by themselves, but C+D cannot because they are on a different server? or it just is like this: people from the Guild’s server can use the Guild Bank, while the others cannot?

I thought i got it, but i got confused with that ‘’…have their own separate bank’’.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

So that means that if A and B are on server X and C and D on server Y, they all can deposit/withdraw stuff from Guild Bank, but there will be like 2 separate Stashes, 1 for server X and another for Y? So the things that are deposited by A+B can be withdraw by themselves, but C+D cannot because they are on a different server? or it just is like this: people from the Guild’s server can use the Guild Bank, while the others cannot?

I thought i got it, but i got confused with that ‘’…have their own separate bank’’.

Your example is correct. There are in effect 2 stashes despite both belonging to the one guild. In fact, when you move servers you have to go through the whole upgrade cycle again to get to you guild bank again.

Pokecenter.3548

Dang, had to idea it was so complicated.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Drawbacks to personal (or small membership) Guild Banks:

• Can only be accessed at your home server.
  • NOT transferable with your account to another server (Guild resources NEVER move home servers).
  • Per Anet policy, Guild resources will NEVER be rolled back or modified for ANY reason (I’m sure known bugs may alter this stance). This includes account compromises (by ANY member of the Guild), Guild members gone rogue (tho, the the rouge Guild members account can certainly be banned), or perceived (or real) item, resource or gold loss.
We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances