Guild Influence Tome

Guild Influence Tome

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: toastygstar.4267

toastygstar.4267

Hullo everyone;

I purchased the digital upgrade with some gems i had left over from the beta weekends, siege weapons cost alot!

From it of course i recieved the Tome of Influence and such, despite it being a complete waste of points (the gollum banker worked once) i thought the tome of influence wasnt too bad for the points spent.

When i applied it it did not appear to add any influence to the guild i was in and representing. I did check in the history and unable to find any evidence of this.

Since then the guild changed server, we are a wvw guild and the queing issues on Far Shiverpeaks were very frustrating so we changed to a smaller server, of course we loose all the influence and upgrades, which is completly unfair in my view but alas.

Since my tome of influence appeared not to apply on the original server, i was wondering A) If i could /reclaim it , or B) Find out for definate if it applied or not, as i said it did not appear to show up on the guild history and definatly didnt apply at the time.

Any help/advice would be most appriciated :-)

All the best

Grugnug

-Sanity is attained by a long journey on the road of insanity-

Guild Influence Tome

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Shael.4703

Shael.4703

Since then the guild changed server, we are a wvw guild and the queing issues on Far Shiverpeaks were very frustrating so we changed to a smaller server, of course we loose all the influence and upgrades, which is completly unfair in my view but alas.

I would like to redirect you to my answer to a sort-of similar thread about Influence and Upgrades here

Since my tome of influence appeared not to apply on the original server, i was wondering A) If i could /reclaim it , or Find out for definate if it applied or not, as i said it did not appear to show up on the guild history and definatly didnt apply at the time.

In one of the official GW2 fansites, there was a news or some forumer that posted information that there is a guild “upgrade” (if you can call it that) that allows a guild to transfer existing Influence which is hidden deep in the gw2.dat file.

If that will be made available in the future or not remains to be seen. Personally, don’t count on it, as it may be something that was dropped and left there in the gw2.dat file (which usually happens in most games) and forgotten.

As for your letter “b” item, try a few hours later or even after 24 hours, usually the guild logs doesn’t reflect some stuff we did until after some time passed or after a maintenance. I keep on noticing that in our guild.

My blog/sites: gameshogun & Tomes of Knowledge