Guild Wars 1 HoM question

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nameless.8925

Nameless.8925

Hi,

If I wanted help with guild wars 1 in order to get more HoM points, where would I go? Are there still forums for Guild Wars 1?
And to clarify: I know it’s currently down in guild wars 2. I am already at 21/50 points, but I wanted to see if there was a place I could go for help with some of the instances and hard modes.

Thanks

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m not up with that game anymore but here is a forum you can post questions on.

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Nameless.8925

Thank you! I saw that one but wasn’t sure if that was the official one or what. I’ll redirect any questions there

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can also try here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

I find the reddit decently responsive. In fact, if you scroll back a bit, you can find a lot of HoM info already, since questions about that come up a lot.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There wasn’t an official forum for GW1. At least not one that I ever found or heard about. GWGuru was the nearest thing to an official one, in that Anet staff would sometimes post there.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Nameless.8925

Cool, I’ll have to check it out. My issue is that I know what I’m supposed to do for the HoM stuff, since the wiki clearly guides you, but I just don’t have the knowledge of the actual runs themselves. I’ll ask around those sites to see if someone is willing to help.

Thanks again folks!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

There wasn’t an official forum for GW1. At least not one that I ever found or heard about. GWGuru was the nearest thing to an official one, in that Anet staff would sometimes post there.

There was an official forum, but it didn’t launch until late in the game’s history and stopped getting much attention after GW2 came out. Guru, of course, pre-dates it and is about the only place where you could get accurate trading info, especially on high-priced skins.

However, the wiki is amazingly helpful (and usually more comprehensive and accurate, compared to guru).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

The wiki is still in most cases your best source for help finishing quests or missions. You might need to go to Reddit or Guru for tricks and techniques for elite areas. For some things, it’s helpful to look in the discussion tab for additional information.

If you can find a friend to run with, or join an active guild, that also helps.

The GW1 official forums were removed last year.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Do you need minipets? I think I still have some of them laying around.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.