Guild Wars 1 Ritualist main, which profession will satisfy?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

Hey, so in guild wars 1 ritualist was my favorite profession and most of all I loved the asthetics and theme of the class. I’m totally disappointed it was removed in gw2, but it’s all good I’ll find something hopefully. I came to the forums hoping to find other gw1 rit mains and was wondering what profession you found in this game to suit you the most. I was thinking that engineer, mesmer, and necromancer would be the most related to it but I still can’t just stick with one without the fear that I’ll invest too much time and waste my characters name on a profession I won’t enjoy. If anyone could give me some guidance on what is working for them and the reasons why it would be totally rad.

Posted by: Alexander.4827

Alexander.4827

Engineer is the most similar game-play wise.

Posted by: Silence.8521

Silence.8521

I was a gw1 ritualist as well, and I’ve really fallen in love with the mesmer. Phantasms and clones match much more closely with spirits than turrets or minions since they can provide a good number of roles and you can summon a constant stream of them.

ScottBroChill.3254

I did feel like engineer fit the role of rit the most, in a way. But I also felt it was so mechanical that it just doesn’t feel the same… and the lack of usable weapons is also disheartening because I’ve got a little bit of a sweet tooth for loot. I actually have played a little bit of mesmer, mostly in pvp and I’ve had a blast. I leveled a sylvari mesmer to level 10 or higher and enjoyed it as well, but for some reason I wasn’t satisfied with the look so I deleted it and haven’t returned. But I do enjoy all the illusions, the theme is perfect my only concern is the usefulness in pve but even that I don’t care about because I’m in a helpful guild.

The necromancer is the profession I’m least familiar with. I like the whole theme, but then again it’s really gritty and is like about disease and stuff. I actually like the them and all, but I still prefer the spiritual feel of the rit more. I’m not sure if I’ll get this feel more with the mesmer or the necromancer.

ScottBroChill.3254

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Posted by: mistermoo.6720

mistermoo.6720

While I whole-heartedly advise against picking a profession because it’s the best replacement you can find for Ritualist, Guardians (with spirit weapons) have the most “spiritual” feel of all the professions.