Guild Wars 1 getting HoM for Guild Wars 2 Need some info

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Talrune.5130

Talrune.5130

Ok so I bought just before gw2 came out the gw1 pack on ncsoft site that included eye of the north so I could get rewards and the HoM and use of that as well within gw2. I havent played much yet. Thought i read somewhere i could get to lvl 10 in gw1 then a npc would auto level me to 20 for the quest that involves going to shiverpeaks or something like that …or do i have to level to end game to get to eye of north really confused as I really could care less about gw1 i find it so outdated etc.. I do want the benefits though of the rewards i can acquire withyin gw2 via HoM….any guideline or tips?

and is this going to take me forever to use items etc within HoM for gw2

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

It takes a good long while to get what you would need for the hom. As for the quest you need. What game are you in?

Posted by: Ilvanor.1986

Ilvanor.1986

At level 10, you can get to the Eye of the North. There are three possible quests that you can pick up. If I remember right, it’s been a while, you go to outside of Kamadan, Keineng, or Lion’s Arch and make your way to the purple vortex on your map. (There might be a quest you need to pick up in one of these cities, or outside of them.) This should get you started. Once you complete that portion, you will be at the beginning outpost for Eye of the North. You will not be instantly leveled to 20. Instead, you will be given health and basic stats equivalent to a level 20. You still need to put in the effort to 20, which won’t be hard.

As for your Hall of Monument, it takes a lot of work and effort to get the titles, armours, weapons, pets, etc., to get the possible points that you are probably wanting.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

First off all, You can get to Eye of the north campaign in GW2 as soon as you are level 10 AND are in a port town. (each campiagn has one port town. both kamadan in nightfall and lion’s arch in prophecy’s can be reached before you are level 10. Kaineng center in factions is harder, but then again, it has a much steeper lvl-ing arch meaning that it takes less time to get to e.g. lvl 17, wich would mean you are there as well in less time but at a higher level. As soon as you are atleast lvl 10 and enter the port town you get a message bout a questgiver for travel to the eye of the north. find it and take his quest. As soon as you are in the campaign (wich is rather easy) you get a buff making you like lvl 20 (though not fully, you get the amount of health and armor, but not the weapon bonusses etc, but it will get you powerfull enought to get to the hall of monuments.

You get three hom-points for free. the rest needs to be unlocked through playing the game. some are very easy, but most are rather hard. There is a nice guide on the gwguru website for starting players. http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/guide-for-new-returning-players-t10513286.html?t=10513286

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!