Guild Wars 2 Appreciation Thread

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Red Raven.7824

Red Raven.7824

I’m loving this game right now, me and my friend are leveling together and having loads of fun!

Thanks for making a great game Arenanet!

Attachments:

Ashkandhi Champion Legionnaire
Skull n’ Bones sPvP Build
BLACKGATE BEST GATE

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

2 questions;

1) Why are you blue?
2) Is that Darth Vader?

OT;
I <3 the game so far. Made about 6 of my IRL friends buy it too :P
(which reminds me, is there a “recruit a person” reward?)

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

Posted by: Kailthir.6384

Kailthir.6384

I got a good friend of mine to buy the game too. I loved GW1… GW2 is awesome. I am loving the game. If they keep this up i will definitely be here for the long haul.

Posted by: Aphasia.1803

Aphasia.1803

The game is great so far, job really well done Areanet.

Posted by: HauptmannDeutschland.4981

HauptmannDeutschland.4981

I haven’t had this much fun in an MMO since SWG. I even cancelled my SWTOR account. I see no reason to return to that sinking ship. SWTOR: A lesson in leveraging the most popular IP in history to destroy the reputation of one of the most popular gaming companies ever while producing a more dismal failure than STO. Good job EA. Anyway, back on topic. Thank you, ArenaNet. You have created something amazing. I am now on a mission to recruit friends and family to join not only an amazing game but an amazing game community.

Konor Majere – Knights of Sancrist Isle – Eredon Terrace
“Only in death does duty end.”

Posted by: Warsoul.2647

Warsoul.2647

interesting fact is I have spend moderate amount of time and huge amount of money to WOW. But it seems, I spend moderate amount of time and 0 money to GW2. And I spotted playing WOW and distributed my 4 imba accounts to guild mates.

Posted by: Freyar.3254

Freyar.3254

I just did the math and realized.. I’ve spent $245 on Guild Wars 2 already. CE, Full Soundtrack, and Gems…

I’m loving Guild Wars 2, but I need to cool it some.

Attachments:

Posted by: Viserion.5130

Viserion.5130

GW2 has simply blown me away. I knew it would be good, but it has managed to surpass the hype. Brilliant

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I love every aspect of GW2, even on my mediocre computer that can’t run it on good graphics. It beats WoW, SWTOR and every other MMO I’ve ever played on every level.

And PvP is…

FUN?!

PvP is amazingly fun on GW2, especially on Eternal Battlegrounds. Nothing quite beats being your designated siege operator and annihilating an enemy attack force at the gates of Stonemist.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Posted by: Eluziel.4650

Eluziel.4650

Love this game.. so much..

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

My LOTRO kin leader and another friend who is not a fan of MMO’s are two people I’ve managed to coax into GW2. And they’re both loving it!

:)

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: nysta.6713

nysta.6713

best mmo so far. how it managed to put the fun back into “grinding” is boggling my mind. i can’t get enough of it. everything is just so right.

Posted by: TwistedWarrior.8613

TwistedWarrior.8613

Complainers beware!

Posted by: Hiro.1427

Hiro.1427

I am loving every second of this game

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Thumbs Up to the OP
GW2 is a blast, can’t w8 till the hype dies down and all the QQ go to the ‘next best thing’.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

Sometimes I hear the sound of this in the background of my mind (when thinking about GW2);

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

Posted by: vidiotking.1928

vidiotking.1928

I’ve played most every mmo since EQ1. My favorites have been EQ1, SWG, and now, GW2.

Job very well done Arenanet. A game to be proud of.

Led Zeppelin, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Grateful Dead, & Miles Davis.

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Sometimes I hear the sound of this in the background of my mind (when thinking about GW2);

Ah! hahahahahahaha

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Posted by: Winespring Brother.2970

Winespring Brother.2970

Thank you, everyone at Arena Net, for making it worth the wait!

I’ve played enough since launch that the various snippets of town and battle theme music are permanently stuck in my brain LOL

Yak’s Bend
Charr Ranger of the Iron Legion

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Well done, Arena Net. Its a really good game.

Raf

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

This game is awesome.

Now, I do see a few bugs and/or annoying little things here and there – but those are really very minor and I am sure will eventually be fixed.

What I am really enjoying is the SYSTEM DESIGN here. I bought this game for the PvP, and I find myself spending at least as much time in PvE. I spent the first week or so just leveling each class to about level 10, to feel the differences before spending much time on one. I am amazed that even though each class can perform many different roles, they all do so with their own unique flare and style!

The game has depth, beauty, detail, and gives me a real sense of relaxation when I play.

PvE is refreshing; I can just kind of “zone-out” and explore the world without worrying about XP efficiency or constantly returning to quest givers. It doesn’t FEEL like a grind!

sPvP is exciting and competitive. I will admit I am not a big fan of the underwater map, but that is likely due to my lack of experience and skill with underwater combat.

WvWvW is my new addiction. What can I say… it’s wonderful. Some of the blueprints are expensive, but not prohibitively so when used wisely. I’ve been leveling my characters in WvW matches, and it is a LOT of fun.

I played Ultima Online (awesome game for it’s time), I played EQ, WoW, Rift, Mortal Online, Age of Conan (BEAR SHAMAN!!), DAoC, and a few other MMORPGs either for multiple years or on release. I was completely over the entire genre, just spending my game time with TF2, Skyrim, LoL, or maybe a little SC2 – until this game.

I am now 100% into this game. I’ve seen so many promise to be revolutionary and flop, I was actually expecting this one to pretty much fail. I have been proven wrong (oh THANK GOD), and I am very happy with my purchase.

Thank you for making such an awesome game, and for continuing to quickly patch it up and improve it.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

Posted by: Kosmos.3907

Kosmos.3907

+1 Awesome Game. Kudos to ArenaNet and Staff for their dedication and work. It clearly shows how much time, effort, and passion went into creating this game.

Posted by: ituhata.6830

ituhata.6830

There are so many reasons why I like this game, but exploration takes the cake. Whenever I stumble across some of the more tricky points of interest or harder jumping puzzles, this happens.

Caelthras – Fort Aspenwood
3rd Flora Artillery Unit

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Thank you ArenaNet.

For stealing all my free time!!!!! /shakes fist at sky

Seriously though, really awesome game Stunningly beautiful, entertaining storylines and fun combat.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

This game is awesome.

Now, I do see a few bugs and/or annoying little things here and there – but those are really very minor and I am sure will eventually be fixed.

I played Ultima Online (awesome game for it’s time), I played EQ, WoW, Rift, Mortal Online, Age of Conan (BEAR SHAMAN!!), DAoC, and a few other MMORPGs either for multiple years or on release. I was completely over the entire genre, just spending my game time with TF2, Skyrim, LoL, or maybe a little SC2 – until this game.

I am now 100% into this game. I’ve seen so many promise to be revolutionary and flop, I was actually expecting this one to pretty much fail. I have been proven wrong (oh THANK GOD), and I am very happy with my purchase.

Thank you for making such an awesome game, and for continuing to quickly patch it up and improve it.

+++1 for UO and 10 chars for Bear shammy.

This game is phenomenal thanks A net

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

Posted by: pmiles.3489

pmiles.3489

I’m loving this game.

I love that you can just wander off in any old direction and do whatever pops up along the way.

I love that I don’t have to pay a subscription to play a game that I already paid for.

I love the fact that I can essentially play my character any way I want. No more pigeon hole into one style of play because that’s what everyone expects you to do.

And I actually love the idea of not having to raid ad-nausem for the next 11 months just to justify a subscription fee. WvWvW, here I come!

Posted by: Dragnog.7162

Dragnog.7162

Thank you ArenaNet for all the hard work that you guys have put in through the years and now especially at launch. This game allows me to have an actual so experience in game without relying on talking. I feel good when I help people out and actually want to join up with people when I see them. This is the first MMO that has done that for me.

Posted by: Kings X.5082

Kings X.5082

Awesome game ANET!!

It would be even better if you removed a majority of the goldsinks!!!

Posted by: Belcross.6127

Belcross.6127

Yes, I am also very pleased with this game.

The foundation of the game is very solid but its definitely not perfect yet and since we can always see what the DEVS are doing, we know they are working very diligently to solve all these problems and therefore we won’t complain and whine like in D3.

Its been half a decade since I’ve played an MMO this addicting.

Posted by: Relmord.3159

Relmord.3159

I am pleased with this game I have played WoW for over 6 years this game brings something most MMO"s don’t even have. And that is a community that is about helping each other out and working as a team.
Other MMO’s may have team work but it does not FEEL like teamwork. But Guild Wars 2 makes me feel like we can all help eachother out when needed but we have fun doing it.

“I love the smell of BACON in the morning” —-Relmord Darkblood
Leader of Legion of Darkness Extrodinaire on Dragonbrand on Dragonbrand

Posted by: Ryx.5476

Ryx.5476

Utterly awesome game! I barely encounter bugs and the thought of playing your character your way makes it feel so stress-free! You can do whatever you want, you can explore the World of Tyria, Battle other realms in WvWvW or do the Story Line. I prefer exploration because I love te scenes that Guild Wars 2 offers to us. Sometimes you don’t expect that there is a good scene/view in this particular area.

I also love the idea of going to everyones starting area and help them out if needed!

Character Creation? Superb! There’s a lot to appreciate yet so little time to post this reply as I’m at work.

I may be overreacting, but it’s just the way it made me feel from the start! There’s the excitement of adventure that never ends(for me).

Overall: 10/10 for me!

May Dwayna blaze you.. #420

Posted by: Spartyr.6795

Spartyr.6795

Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and Guild Wars 2…

Spartyr – Norn Thief
[GSCH] Gaiscioch Gaming Community

Posted by: Gwaiyn.4395

Gwaiyn.4395

i actually like the way anet handled bringing the community together

in wow, they recently implemented a cross realm feature where players from different lower populated realms can come play together in the same area and so far very few people are happy with that due to issues with kill stealing, taking nodes, competing for quest areas, basicly everything you absolutely hate in a crowded area and on top of that, those low populated realms still have economy issues since that isn’t cross realm

on the flipside, gw2 encourages you to help other players kill enemies since it doesn’t affect loot/exp and actually benefits you more than it does hinder you

Gwaiyn – 80 Thief
Ryfaul – 80 Warrior
Fluene – 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Sanderman.1697

Sanderman.1697

I’m loving it. Before buying the game I checke out GW1 just to see what that was like and it was horribly outdated and didn’t appeal to me very much. But GW2 is fantastic. Love the characters, the world, the ambiance, the mechanics etc. etc.

Love is for poets

Posted by: sinister.9216

sinister.9216

Hey guys. Guild Wars 1 was my first ever MMO. I got it shortly after it was released and played it consistently for a few years, leveling multiple classes to max.
Blood Necro/Monk ftw? Anyway, I moved onto WoW, Warhammer, Aion, Champions Online, STO, Conan… basically, any MMO that had a free trial at some point, I’ve played. I played WoW the most, probably for 6 years, and the game had grown stale to me. And then… GW2 comes out. And I’m completely blown away. This might just be the most fun game I’ve ever played. Dynamic Events are amazing. I love walking thru a zone and just responding to whatever DE’s pop up! Toward the end of my time on WoW, I became a power-leveler. And sadly, I became used to not seeing anyone in the world, as everyone sat in their main city of choice, waiting on dungeon or pvp queues. And then I play this game… and people are everywhere! And even better, everyone is helping everyone else! Its unreal to me sometimes.

I know some of you will know what I mean by this. In most MMOs, if there is a crafting node, a quest item, or rare spawn mob, its everyman for himself. I can’t tell you how many times I’d been fighting a mob solo right next to a crafting node, rushing to kill it so I could loot the node, just to have someone swoop in and take the node, usually followed by some childish comment. Or how many times I’d been fighting something that was too tough for me, and people would just watch you die and go in for the easy kill rather than help you kill the mob. Its a wonderful feeling knowing that those times are behind me now!

On my newbie Necro, I pulled a few too many mobs by mistake and thought I was done for. Next thing I know, 5 people rush in and help me kill the mobs I was fighting. Then we all spent the next hour or so just running around and doing hearts and dynamic events.

Arena Net = Thanks for creating one of the best gaming experiences of my life!

GW2 Community = Stay Classy.

Tywin Onassis – 80 Necro Mez Yar – 40ish Mesmer
Uri Nightshade – 50ish Thief
Sarugaki Hiyori – 80 Warrior – Blackgate [FEAR]

Posted by: CC Dalmarus.8397

CC Dalmarus.8397

Community Coordinator

Thanks for the sentiment of this post Red Raven (and everyone that contributed) – it’s greatly appreciated and we’re thrilled you’re enjoying the game! Since this subforum is for Players Helping Players though, we need to close this thread. Thank you though! =)

More forum sections appropriate for this topic will be opened in the future. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation!