Guild Wars 2 Gold Making Guide (Nov. 2013)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Jaed.9823

Jaed.9823

Hey beautiful people, I know many of you out there have just been struggling to make gold in Guild Wars 2, so I decided to make this Level 20+ guide. There are many guides out there right now, but you may find that they’re outdated or just are no longer reliable in general. This guide however, through my own intention, should be timeless, and even if you’re watching this six months from this video having been posted, you’ll more than likely make even more money than what you can make now.

There’s inflation going on right now in Guild Wars 2, and it’s mostly focused around low level gear (both blue and white), and crafting mats. Soft wood logs, mined jewels, and even iron ore are all in high demand and at a high price at the moment, and if you’re new to the game or running a new character, this is the perfect guide for you. Your focus will be on Gendarran Fields and its many mobs and harvest nodes.

All in all, it’s a simple and easy guide about farming in Guild Wars 2, and I hope you enjoy it

(edited by Jaed.9823)

Jaed.9823

Any thoughts/suggestions in regards to the guide?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Your video really need some basic editing. 15min to show something that should had take you 2 to 5 minutes max. For exemple, show the map for path and concentration of tree on a level 80 character (so he have the complete map), after you start the run with you low level and speed through it so it take about 1-2min to show an 1 hour run. Then you get back in normal speed to show what you got and what profit you have.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Jaed.9823

I don’t believe it lacked any basic editing, to be quite honest. What you see is the route I purposely chose for doing the a decent-length video but provide all the information you need in the first 5 minutes. The bonus area at the end of the video isn’t a necessity in regards to the guide, but a nice cluster of spiders you can grab. Also, there’s no consistency in cluster of trees nor tree locations, they can literally be a lot next to each other one day and then 15 seconds apart, hence why node location wasn’t my focus :P

I wanted people, ESPECIALLY those new to the game, to have a realistic expectation of what the actual farming experience is like. I already cut out about 5 minutes of footage in which I was irritated over the fact that nodes weren’t spawning/spawned the way I’m used to.

Anyway, I do appreciate the criticism, just had to present the mindset I had with the creation of the guide.

Jaed.9823

I’ll also be making a nice and easy champ farming guide today as to help those out who want an easy way to receive champ bags. No zerg needed

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Ok, honest feedback, first thing I noticed – sound. I had a hard time hearing you over the game music and sound effects.
I definitely commend you for teaching people to use external sites to figure out pricing. As sad as this is for the game itself(!) – no one should blindly use the selling window unless he doesn’t care.
Otherwise, especially for new players I think you should have shortened the guide and focused more on a different type of information, like where to get what. Honestly I skipped to the end after the first couple of minutes. Right now soft logs sell well, next month it could be cloth or the metal again for ascended armour crafting.
So really, don’t just farm and sell, but keep short term potential development in mind and if you have room in your inventory maybe keep some stuff.

All in all nice video, thank you for that, I’m sure it will give some new people a few pointers.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Jaed.9823

I appreciate the feedback, and I can understand there still being editing issues =/ Honestly, I do all the editing on my own and there’s usually one or two hickups with the audio, video, or just both of them syncing. I’m getting better in this regard, but it’s like, the more I edit ,the more issues there tend to be. I’ll try to keep the sound lower in the future, and I do really appreciate your feedback. I love it when someone is able to really criticize my video but point out where I did what wrong (unless I did it purposefully), because I’m all about growing. I’m not some pro at editing, I simply picked it up and if you watch each video my editing gets better and better, so your comment definitely will contribute to my growth.

If time wills it, I’ll make the new champ video today and it’ll be much shorter, and also geared towards new players in the level 20-35 range. If anything, it should all be recorded and edited by tomorrow, and I’ll be posting that video on the forum as well. Again, thanks for the criticism, and I’ll keep it in mind

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’ve been trying out the general suggestion that you tout (sell everything on TP) and I have seen an appalling trend of players listing (and placing buy orders) for items where the PROFIT value is less than the MERCH sale price…….

Not sure very many users understand about he TP fees and the importance of the PROFIT projection value.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Thanks for the guide

Jaed.9823

I’ve been trying out the general suggestion that you tout (sell everything on TP) and I have seen an appalling trend of players listing (and placing buy orders) for items where the PROFIT value is less than the MERCH sale price…….

Not sure very many users understand about he TP fees and the importance of the PROFIT projection value.

To be honest, I’ve noticed this trend since the beginning of the game’s economy, it’s a bit baffling that it still exists.

Thanks for the guide

I had a great time making it and I love helping others, so it really was no problem. I have another guide coming today or tomorrow. I know I said it’d come out in the past two days, but I was in line for over 12hrs with my friend because he wanted to buy 3 PS4s (to resell them). Anyway, we succeeded in getting them and the coming champ guide can be expected soon.

Jaed.9823

Jaed.9823

I hope you guys have enjoyed the guide