Guild Wars and no Cloaks?!?!?!

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Wolollo.1945

Wolollo.1945

Arena.net…….I’ve been an avid guild wars fan since early GW1 days. Hell, I still log into that account from time to time. I remember the days of-

“(Ominous Latin Noun) guild looking for more members! We have sweet capes!!!”

At the time it was a pretty overused joke, but I never realized how much I took those “sweet sweet capes” for granted. I run around now like a superhero with no mask.
A Heisenberg with no meth.
A WoW character with no tabard.
A Khaleesi with no dragons.
A Pad with no i.

Basically, I feel like an npc and not a Guild Wars hero extraordinaire. Please implement basic cloaks or capes in the game again. Maybe I haven’t gotten to the point of the game where you can access them. But, I would like to see them as a tool to represent our guilds again.

Maybe I’m the only freak that really cares about this. If so, please cater to my wants and needs. I deserve it.

Posted by: PythianLegume.4539

PythianLegume.4539

Wolollo.1945

I understand that. I just wish they were a basic guild representation tool. I have yet to see them around, and I would like to see them as frequently as years past

Posted by: PythianLegume.4539

PythianLegume.4539

Maybe they’ll implement it later, but I think they have bigger priorities at the moment. We can but hope, I guess.

Posted by: Kal.2376

Kal.2376

I understand that. I just wish they were a basic guild representation tool. I have yet to see them around, and I would like to see them as frequently as years past

I haven’t gotten as far, but I know there are guild armor vendors and guild weapon vendors that sell items with your guild logo and stuff. I have not checked it out myself, but that is what I understand…

Posted by: GlockworK.2954

GlockworK.2954

I think you get your first back accessory around level 30. I ended up with “Back Brace” instead of a cloak since the stats were what I wanted.

But yeah, odd not seeing cloaks waving about every time you ran into a group of players.

Posted by: Riyo.5810

Riyo.5810

1 gold for a one time use item that puts the symbol on your current chest piece. You get a new piece of armor and have to buy another symbol for 1 gold. And the only back piece that shows I have seen is the guild backpacks that cost a ton of gold also.

Posted by: siduri.5318

siduri.5318

+1 for the references.

I got a kick out of the OP and completely agree. I have faith that cloaks/capes will show up though.

-Vane Fatespinner (Isle of Janthir)
Built like a brick skritt house.

(edited by siduri.5318)

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Its a gold. And it changes your armor which pretty much sucks.

I had a chest piece I was really fond of and thought using the emblem was just going to decal the design on to the back or front of it. Nope. Instead it replaced the entire look to the armor you have by default when you go in to the mists, and put the decal on the front and back.

I’m sure the guild weapon-smith will do the same thing and I’m not interested in having my exotic skin sword being transmuted to a standard Tier 1 cultural skin for the benefit of having a tiny emblem on it no one will really see.

All said, I would much rather have the cloak, or maybe some sort of sash, or even guild town clothes that can have their visibility toggled (like gw: never, always, only in towns, only outside towns), than an overpriced super common piece of gear that you have to wear if you want to display your guild emblem.

Guild armorer and weapon-smith are two of the very few things I am sour with about the game.

So yes, there are options to display your emblem. They just aren’t very good ones and are very expensive for what they are. I would suggest just holding off and hoping a better alternative presents itself.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Wolollo.1945

Don’t get me wrong, I love the game otherwise. I think the skill system was my only other shady point. I liked the massive amount of skills and double class builds from the original, but I’m used to the new system.

The cloaks are the only thing, thus far, that I wish were implemented.

The pleasure that dances across my eyes when I log into Guild Wars 1 to see sweet capes is a euphoric state that can’t be described with words.

Posted by: Moderator

The Players Helping Players subforum is only for players to ask for or give help to/from other players. The forums are only partially open at this time, and other sections will be rolling out in time. Please help keep the forums clean by staying on topic.