Guild wars 2 noob! :)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rachypoo.8960

Rachypoo.8960

Hi guys, im a total guild wars newbie. ive played online games before, i tried a trial of WOW but i found people really mean, assuming i want their gold etc when i asked for help ( so glad i didnt buy it! ) ive also played perfect world but its abit laggy for me now.

im in the europe group of Ruins of Sermia and id love some friends to show me the ropes as im getting kindof lonely on there :/ plus its medium density so i hardly even see people around.
i have a lvl 9 charr warrior and a lvl 5 sylvari ranger (not too keen on).
i like the social aspect of online gaming, but i know people can be very harsh to new people assuming they want free stuff ect which i dont.

i also dont get the whole guild in this game, i was a part of one in other games.
i need friends

Rachypoo.8960

oh and i need help with the proffesions, with my charr being a warrior, i and a armoursmith and a weaponsmith. though i have to admit the chef sounds really interesting haha!

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Hello, Rachypoo, and welcome!

I unfortunately play on Tarnished Coast, which is a NA server- thus I am unable to play with you. However, you are able to talk to anyone from any server. You are also able to run dungeons with anyone on a server in the same region (EU or NA) as you, and you can play on any server in the same region by “guesting” over.

There are four main restrictions to guesting:
-You cannot access World versus World for the server you are guesting on. However, all PvE content is open to you.
-You cannot use guild upgrades unless your guild is based on your home server.
-Every time you enter the character selection screen, you must choose to reguest.
-You may only guest on two servers every 24 hours.

So if you’re ever feeling lonely on your server, you can guest to another in the same region. Alternately, if you delete all of your characters, you will be able to transfer to any server in any region for free.

I may not be able to play directly with you, but if you ever have any questions, you are free to mail or PM me in-game (type “/tell Falunel” without quotation marks in chat to PM me) or send me a message on these forums. Happy gaming!

EDIT: Regarding crafting, you are not required to do it, nor is it the best way to gear yourself- however, it does give a good amount of experience. It is up to you. Also, you can change your crafts at any time for a low fee by talking to a craft master.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Rachypoo.8960

Ah so if I deleted my characters it wouldnt cost to transfer, so if I did transfer anywhere my characters would come with me?

Shes only a lvl 9 but my favorite so far lol, if im honest ive never really played as a Warrior before so shes entirely new to me. She is called Farrah Manico

I have one actual friend that owns the game but she cant play with me unfortunately, not for a few weeks. Wouldve been nice for the help, though it sounds as though she is willing to transfer to my server. It does get lonely running around with no-one to talk to on such a huge social game haha!

Falunel.7645

When you delete all of your characters, the game essentially thinks you’re a brand new account, and opens the option to transfer. I’m not sure if you have to relog for it to pop up, but it’s been confirmed by an ArenaNet employee that this is intentional. Also, if you put any unbound items you have in the bank before deleting and transferring, they will still be there when you make a new character.

Yeah, the main advantage of paying to transfer is that you keep all of your characters. Therefore, it’s easiest to transfer-via-deletion early on, before your characters are leveled much. The game will keep track of your character names after you delete them and reserve them for you for 24 hours, so you can remake your characters easily.

I haven’t played warrior much, though my best friend mains one- I primarily play elementalist and have dabbled in guardian and mesmer. If you decide to try any of them (mainly ele, though), I’ll be glad to give you pointers.

Wishing you the best of luck. Friends do make the game a lot better.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If you deleted all your characters it would not cost anything to transfer but there is still a 1 transfer every 7 days restriction. If you pay to transfer then you can keep all your characters. If you only have a lv9 then it would probably be better to just delete, transfer and recreate the character. When you delete a character the name is still reserved for your account for 24hours.

Rachypoo.8960

I’m not sure what to do tbh, I would like to be on a busier server but I cant decide whether to stick it out with my charr or delete, move to a busier server, possibly the one my friends on and start again. I know its not exactly life changing but im terrible at making decisions. I also know im better doing it now then later when my characters more advanced.

At the same time I could transfer my stuff to her so she can give me it when I restart. But she wont be on for weeks and im itching to play.

Falunel.7645

I personally would recommend transferring if you want to be on a busier server, as yeah, it’ll be harder to later on. You’ll be able to start playing right away- there’s no waiting period to delete or make a character. If you put items that aren’t bound to your character in your bank, you’ll be able to withdraw them after you remake your character, so you don’t need to wait for your friend.

Also for reference, the banks are located in every major city. Look for a golden coin with a bag symbol on it on your map.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You don’t need to transfer your stuff to anyone. You could just put it in your bank. Deleting and transfering to your friend’s server would probably be a good idea. Everything is more fun with a friend.

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

You can guest to any euro server, from the login screen (“World Selection”), without deleting your characters.
Guesting is free, you can do anything as a guest except WvW.

I believe the RP-friendly server in euro is Piken Square.

I’d recommend playing on servers that are active in your time zone.
From there, you can figure out what guild(s) might suit you.

That is, if you are in europe, you are better off staying on euro servers in their active hours, than playing in NA when everyone’s ready for bed. Even if you do transfer to a server across the world that’s busy round the clock, they are much less likely to run guild events in the off-peak hours.

Posted by: Jannetjes.4298

Jannetjes.4298

Hello,

I also did play WoW-trial, but after you make the 1000th alt, it gets boring My characters are a lvl 19 Norn Ranger, and a lvl 7 Sylvari Mesmer. If you want, you can join my EU guild (I am not trying to advertise), but I don’t know if you can join a guild on another server then yours (I am on Seafarers Rest), but I hope that somebody anwers that question. To the forum post of my guild, go to Guilds Recruiting, and search for The Heroes Of Fantasy. I would love to help you out.

Good luck,

Condely

I am the leader of The Heroes Of Fantasy, but a gamer girl in real life.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You can indeed join any guild anywhere. My NA guild has an EU member, though he can only chat with us. We also have at least two members that guest from other servers to play with us.

Posted by: Jannetjes.4298

Jannetjes.4298

You can indeed join any guild anywhere. My NA guild has an EU member, though he can only chat with us. We also have at least two members that guest from other servers to play with us.

Thank you for answering that question!

I am the leader of The Heroes Of Fantasy, but a gamer girl in real life.

Posted by: Dirkle.1204

Dirkle.1204

hey! I am new to this game lvl 10 and I was just looking for people to play with or to get info from. my char name is My Critz so get ahold of me if you would thanks
I am in tarnished coasts