GuildWars2 Leaders

GuildWars2 Leaders

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: minikiller.8475

minikiller.8475

Lately i have been in a Few guilds and one thing has allways botherd me so much.
Every guild i go into that has around 100+ members allways “begs/Demand” Gold so they can get Legendarys or Commander ranks.

Anyways my question.
Is it right for Guild Leaders to “beg” There way to Gold?

So far i been in a Few very bad guilds This is what i have encounted
Monthly Fee’s to be in the guild ( Yes Monthly Fees ) i often found guilds doing this asking for 2’s each
Constant Begging/Demanding: Some guild leaders Have the daily message board filled with spam why they need gold And sometimes when players found rare/expensive items the GL Would demand a cut from it
Selling Ranks: Other guilds i have been in Sell Ranks About 3g a rank

I had enough of these people Just outrightly Abuseing their status ingame and is quite annoying.

GuildWars2 Leaders

Posted by: Masterpyro.4310

Masterpyro.4310

People take being a guild leader too seriously. Join a guild with like just your real life friends or something if this stuff bothers you.

GuildWars2 Leaders

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I would suggest voting with your feet, so to speak, and leaving those guilds. Enough players get annoyed with their antics and they will see a drop in guild members.

GuildWars2 Leaders

Posted by: Kelavam.7485

Kelavam.7485

I guess you need to look for a more casual guild.

I have a guild with a few friends and family. We just play the game and buy upgrades as we get them. But being friends and family, if someone needs something, we are more than happy to share.

Keep looking, you will find a decent guild.

Not sure what you are looking for concerning a guild, though. If you want an active PvP/WvWvW guild you might have to deal with something like that. If you are looking for a more PvE guild, it is going to be more casual.

GuildWars2 Leaders

Posted by: ickytwerp.9086

ickytwerp.9086

This should not be begged/demanded, however I don’t believe it is wrong that a big guild doing WvW should ask its members for some money in order to make the WvW leader into a commander rank. This rank is extremely useful in WvW and should not be ignored by a large guild, neither should the guild leader be expected to pay the massive fee all by him/herself.

As for the selling ranks: LOLOLOLOL rly? just lol

And as for the requiring a fee to be in the guild, I don’t believe guild taxation is necessarily a bad thing. It’s more of what type of guild you want to be in and taxes should be very minimal and only done in larger WvW guilds for the sake of funding siege warfare and the like.

GuildWars2 Leaders

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Each guild can set its own rules. If you don’t like it, then as someone suggested, vote with your feet. I’m pretty sure it would annoy the heck out of me if I joined a guild and they demanded cash, but I wouldn’t stay long.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

GuildWars2 Leaders

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

We just play in our guild and upgrade when it is available:D

GuildWars2 Leaders

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

This should not be begged/demanded, however I don’t believe it is wrong that a big guild doing WvW should ask its members for some money in order to make the WvW leader into a commander rank. This rank is extremely useful in WvW and should not be ignored by a large guild, neither should the guild leader be expected to pay the massive fee all by him/herself.

As for the selling ranks: LOLOLOLOL rly? just lol

And as for the requiring a fee to be in the guild, I don’t believe guild taxation is necessarily a bad thing. It’s more of what type of guild you want to be in and taxes should be very minimal and only done in larger WvW guilds for the sake of funding siege warfare and the like.

If it is his/her guild, yes they are obligated to foot the bill, however other guildmates can offer to donate, but not forced to fork over money. Guild taxation is just silly, guild member should donate on their own free will and not be expected to fund the guild leaders on their personal endeavors. Just as guild members aren’t suppose to beg for gold neither is the guild leader.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

GuildWars2 Leaders

Posted by: Syn.3459

Syn.3459

people like that aren’t interested in the guild but the advantages that come with it, i’ve been in my pvp guild for about 2 years now and there as sound as can be, leaders/officers aren’t at all power hungry and play the game like all the others

i’d say join a pvp guild where people play to have fun in the game, rather than play to have the best “everything”

GuildWars2 Leaders

Posted by: Pixelmancer.5102

Pixelmancer.5102

Those sound like some of the worst guilds I’ve ever heard of. You need to reevaluate your methods of choosing guilds. It’s not normal to run into multiple guilds like that in a row.

GuildWars2 Leaders

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

http://www.gw2guilds.org hundreds on there to pick from good luck.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

GuildWars2 Leaders

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

It’d be nice if there were a guild-tax system that would automatically skim a couple copper off member’s drops to gather up funds for guild stuff.