Guildless in Guild Wars...howto choose(my Q:)

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Waunabi.9546

Waunabi.9546

Q:

Hullo, new to GW2… Loving IT !
I have been wanting this game for 2 years…,…,… whew,got it…
Thus far,am really impressed with the whole thing.
Guild Wars, is the Name of The Game, I feel guilty,for not being in one.I want to be in A Guild, but am wondering, best way to choose…(?)
There is not a lot of “open recruiting” going on, is it rude to ask to join? does server matter? or since we are bunched together on a map, can we “join” others?… sorry for sounding a little ‘slow’ but, I am sure that there are benefits for being in one (both ways) just don’t want to join “one” where ,You get in with 300+Members, but NOONE to play with,just standing there waiting to group, and pumping in ‘Solo’ rep or XP for them. I looked on some of the Forums, but didn’t find any posts for Guilds, anyhow this is getting too long, let me close with this… ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?!
I buy this GAME, and I can just play IT? no more money?… youdontwantmoremoney?
WOW !… serious? …no more? (am Happy)

YOU, too, are Chosen…
Hurry to meet Death, before someone takes Your place.
Live long, and Prosper !

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

A:

Welcome.

You can search for a guild here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/lookingfor

Or you could advertise yourself there and ask for a guild that fits your needs.

Posted by: Carrion.8249

Carrion.8249

There is a micro transaction system in place but mostly it’s for cosmetic things. So you can give them more money if you want but it isn’t necessary. There are guilds that advertise in map chat I think they’re mostly in home cities(ie Divinitys Reach, Hoelbrak The Grove) also I think there’s an looking for guild on reddit if you do that site at all. Good luck and good hunting.

Waunabi.9546

Thanks a bunch !… found One, and also found out , that ‘You’ can be in multiple Guilds at same time, but can only “Represent” one at a time, Thanks again… gotta’ go play!

YOU, too, are Chosen…
Live long, and Prosper !

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

The best thing to do IMO is think about what you want from a guild and then either look out for an announcement that matches that on the forum or in game, or create a post/message in map chat to ask for one.

You seem to have a pretty good idea of what you want from a guild so that’s a good start.

Also don’t be afraid to join multiple guilds (you can be in up to 5 at once) either to try them out or because they offer different things. For example some people have a casual guild they’re in most of the time and then a hardcore PvP or dungeon or WvW or whatever guild that they only represent while doing that activity.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Just to answer a couple of questions posted originally…
The open recruiting I see most is in Lion’s Arch and there seem to be several RP guilds in the Grove and Rata Sum. It’s not rude to randomly ask to join, but a good guild should have some questions for you to make sure it’s a good fit for you.

Server only matters if you want to do WvW with your guild. Everything else is mega-server, combining everyone everywhere.

Guild benefits are various— and about to get better. Most often, guilds will offer buffs to all members. You can mouse over the guild shield in the upper left corner of your screen to see what sort of buffs your guild has active. If your guild does missions (Guild bounties, guild puzzles, etc.) then you can collect commendations for participating and turn those tokens in for gear or skin rewards.

Furthermore, when the HoT expansion arrives, there will be guild halls offering all kinds of fun things. (Preview trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgG1G2N3WEk)

Good luck!

Waunabi.9546

Thanks for all the good info’ hope others see it too.THIS GAME ROCKS ! and the people that play it too! saw a post from a person that said: I don’t need to get a life, I’m a gamer, I have lots of lives… heh heh I love that.
THANKS again

YOU, too, are Chosen…
Live long, and Prosper !

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

I had to join and leave many guilds to find ones that fit my playing style. Some nice and some were trolls. Just like any game there are good and bad just warning.

You can have up to 5 guilds max. You can easily make your own guild.

You will find MANY guilds push you to represent them only. They will not let you join other guilds. I usually tell these people “okay” then shut off whisper so they can’t annoy me trying to get me to rep them. I think it’s selfish and creepy of them.

There is advantages to joining a guild that is on your server but the odds of finding one is slim.

I usually stay with guilds if people actively talk in chat. I really like guilds that leave at least one bank space open for all guildy levels full of food. Makes me feel like I’m in Grandma’s kitchen.

What I don’t like about GW2 guilds is the not allowing anyone but the high officers to invite people into the guild. Makes it so I can’t bring in friends easily.

I also post on guildwars2guru.