HALP MEH!! needing help picking a class

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: explosion.6584

explosion.6584

Hi guys

I know most of you are tired of hearing this same old question but I have a big problem: I can’t choose a class!

I played gw2 since launch but I never managed to not delete my character after a month or so, simply because I am interested in almost all the classes! The only class I’ve been able to stick to was the Necromancer, which was also the first character I’ve made back in the beta.
My favorites weapons are swords and greatswords, which is why I managed to play was so hyped about the reaper.

Also, I won’t be able to have more than 1 character because I HATE alts!!
Don’t ask why I have no idea either.

So I will ask you a question:

• Why did you pick your class
  • what armor skin did you put on it
  • What race did you play, because I find it quite strange that a big tough Norn throws pink magic butterflies a his enemies xD

I hope that you won’t be too annoyed by my question, also I would appreciate your answers because I’ve spent more than 1100 hours deleting and creating new characters facepalm

explosion.6584

By the way, why I don’t simply play Reaper is because I prefer heavy armors, and choices in light armor is pretty limited for males.

(edited by explosion.6584)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I cannot halp you. I love alts. I’ll be surprised if you find enough people who stick to just one character who can answer this from a point of view that matches yours.

But I will say my -favorite- profession right now is Reaper, thanks to the extreme tankiness and satisfying pace of attack (I am pure PvE, and not really into raiding). I have four of them … the one I use the most has the flaming feathered gear, a WM mask, and Nightfury shoulders, but I generally cover that up with an outfit. Best so far being Spring Promenade though right now she’s in Outlaw. She’s a sylvari, picked because I wanted a light armor sylvari back when I made her and I gave her a focus on fungal rot and decay due to her interest in protecting Mother against root attacks.

Question, if you could on one character swap from “job” to “job” like I hear FFIV allows, would that make you willing to play multiple jobs if you could do them all on just one character?

If so, you could document the sliders on your character, and then make clones of him for each profession. He’d be the same guy, just swapping hats when you swap in character select.

explosion.6584

Thank you for your quick response!

I understand your point of view, and I too prefer the necromancer right now, though I absolutely respect your choice I cannot make several copy of the same character (already tried).

I figured out that I could try to dress my character like a Landsknecht (http://www.veritablehokum.com/comic/landsknecht/)

I prefer to specialize myself in only one class

Once again, thanks for your response.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Ah, you can try. Puffy ribboned heavy armor isn’t so much a thing in GW2 … believe me, I’ve been lobbying for a landsknecht hat since before game launch because my character so needed one.

If you want swords and greatswords and heavy, that leaves out Revenant (no GS right now, though the hammer is hard hitting at range or close and there are some beastly hammer skins — I don’t know what new weapon they might get with their expansion elite). For the most dps between warrior and guardian, you’d want warrior. For the most intimidating look, either norn or charr, bearing in mind that many, many armors clip badly on charr including just having the tail waving through solid metal. Warrior can dual wield swords, guardian only in main hand.

You cannot change race or profession once it’s set, but you can change looks completely, even gender swap, using Total Makeover Kits. So don’t worry if your initial design wears thin on you, it’s fixable later. But do remember to screenshot your sliders in creation and save them where you can find them in the future.

explosion.6584

I already tried revenant, but I am not a fan of the whole “legend” thing.
Warrior was my first character I managed to level up to 80, but I think the fights are too boring.
As for the guardian, I liked the class but I find it too squishy.

I guess that leaves out to me the Reaper, thanks for helping me choose my class