HELP! Which Class should Play?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: davisjack.5283

davisjack.5283

I like the WoW idea of the shaman kind of like an elemental warrior but i like the necro ranger mesmer theif and havent heard much about the engineer but id try it……so which should i do….?

looking for more dps then support unless support class is really fun

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Well there really isn’t an “elemental warrior” type in GW2. Might want to give Engineer a whirl though.

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

There is the elementalist. If you run dagger/dagger, you do get a sort of “elemental warrior” feel. (Although keep in mind that you are a mobile hit-and-run fighter with short-range area attacks and not a whole lot of staying power.)

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Just making sure you know- there is no tank/healer/DPS trinity in GW2 like in WoW. Every class can control, support, and do damage, and everyone is responsible for their own survival.

I would recommend trying out each of the classes on your own, since no one except yourself can tell you what you find fun. However, if you want a few pointers, warrior has the highest damage of all the classes, and dagger elementalist would be closest to an elemental warrior in theme, though perhaps not in gameplay.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

davisjack.5283

yeah ive played just about all to lvl 20 and i like the theif necro and ranger a bit but never tried engineer actually so i maybe i should

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

yeah ive played just about all to lvl 20 and i like the theif necro and ranger a bit but never tried engineer actually so i maybe i should

Yes you should. And you should also take your chars into the mists to see how they play at 80.

davisjack.5283

oh yeah forgot about that

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

oh yeah forgot about that

If you get ingame now, I could help you find the class that fits your playstyle. =)

You can also add me on skype too!

Skype Username: DreamyAbaddon

davisjack.5283

just added you