HOPE IV

HOPE IV

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Hello guys,

any of you who completed this collection? I’m having doubts about how the part that involves the ’ Incomplete Catalytic Converter’ should be done. You know where you have to kill the 3 bosses at the Blighting Towers plus Mordremoth…

So my question is:

Is it enough to participate in one boss kill and the whole thing can be done in one run?

Or do I have to do 3 separate mordremoth kills each time participating in a differemt squad to get credit for all the blighting tower bosses?

Thx

enthusiastic noob

HOPE IV

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

All information I can find suggests its tied to the Event participation (specifically the medal award)…… so it might be theoretically possible to tag all 3 bosses with enough damage, and get all 3 awarded on success. As a side note, you don’t need to do Mordremoth.

But from a practicality stand point….. I wouldn’t hope for more then 2 cores in a run. One lane usually has problems with keeping preservers down, which repair blighting pods, which make bosses invulnerable when active. Also factor in travel time, having to make it through the gauntlet (the ramp is on opposite side of the entrance), and hoping the boss team won’t have killed them by the time you show up. There also the risk of you pulling the boss into the path of the zerg as you try to escape….. that can botch the whole run for everyone if you’re not careful of it.

HOPE IV

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i did this back when hope came out and i dont remember stumbling on this part. i cant remember if i had to do multiple dragons stand runs but it was nothing compared to having to fail the temple of lyssa and getting the quaggan champ in frostgorge.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

HOPE IV

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

You have to kill the dragon at the end to get the collection item. If you leave the event after killing the tower bosses, you will not get it. And I think you can tag the commanders and get the kills for the collections, and it’s not tied to event participation.

@starlinvf: OP needs the collection items for the legendary pistol HOPE, it’s not about the DS achievements.

I thought about tagging the commanders when I did that quest, it’s certainly possible in the time, you just jump over to the other lanes and deal some damage. Then I noticed that I need 250 Crystalline Ore for the Crystalline Ingots anyway, and I only had 20. 250 ore is three events, so I just did each line in three different events and opened the pods afterwards.

So, I haven’t tried tagging, but I don’t see why that shouldn’t work. If you have enough crystalline ore already, just go ahead and try. You will certainly get credit for at least one commander and then mordremoth. If you get the other collection items, fine. If not, you have to do the events again anyway.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

HOPE IV

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I did all three at once so it’s possible. Start with Stavemaster first since it tends to go down first and then to Blademaster.