HOT Story Q's

HOT Story Q's

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

When you finish the HOY Story “Heart and Minds” you get a Leystone armor chest.

1. Can you run the episode again with the same character to get another piece or do you need to do the entire story again with a different character?
  2. If you can run it with the same character can you do it more then once a night, or do you need to wait till the next day?

Also I see some stories have number by the reward for mastery points like:

1. 1. Prologue: Rally to Maguuma , (I see 5/6) under the Mastery graphic.
  2. Does that mean I can get more mastery points by repeating the story or do I need to do it with a different character?
    Also regarding the 5/6 Mastery reward running under stories 1-6 do I need to do all of the stories to get that Mastery point?

Thanks!

HOT Story Q's

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

You only get the story rewards once per character. You’d have to run it on a different character to get rewards again. You can run a story chapter as many times as you like on any character, but, as I said, you only get rewards once.

As for your other questions, I believe the “5/6” is how many you’ve already earned from that chapter of the HoT personal story and its achievements. You can only get Personal Story Mastery points once. So, once you complete a story arc that rewards a Mastery point (or more than one), you won’t get any other Mastery points from it (even if you do it on multiple characters). You can do the achievements for each chapter to get the points tied to those, but, again, those points are only gained once. You could use a different character to get that final Mastery point, once they’ve done the story and are able to do the achievements. But it’ll still just be an account wide Mastery point.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks#Heart_of_Maguuma_mastery_points

There’s a list of all the Mastery points you can get, including the ones you get from the story and story achievements.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

HOT Story Q's

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Ty RoseofGilead!!!!!!

HOT Story Q's

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You only get the story rewards once per character. You’d have to run it on a different character to get rewards again. You can run a story chapter as many times as you like on any character, but, as I said, you only get rewards once.

As for your other questions, I believe the “5/6” is how many you’ve already earned from that chapter of the HoT personal story and its achievements. You can only get Personal Story Mastery points once. So, once you complete a story arc that rewards a Mastery point (or more than one), you won’t get any other Mastery points from it (even if you do it on multiple characters). You can do the achievements for each chapter to get the points tied to those, but, again, those points are only gained once. You could use a different character to get that final Mastery point, once they’ve done the story and are able to do the achievements. But it’ll still just be an account wide Mastery point.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks#Heart_of_Maguuma_mastery_points

There’s a list of all the Mastery points you can get, including the ones you get from the story and story achievements.

Achievement eligibility in HoT stories are account bound. Once you have done any of the steps on any character you can use any other character to do the achievements.

HOT Story Q's

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Achievement eligibility in HoT stories are account bound. Once you have done any of the steps on any character you can use any other character to do the achievements.

Good to know. I wasn’t completely sure about that since LS2 was kind of finicky about it.