Half baked Komali

Half baked Komali

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

How do you kill this bounty? This may seem like a rant, but I’m just getting annoyed at this point. Every week we have to fight this guy, and every week we’ve failed. 20+ People everytime too.

He is not at all fun, frustrating, and annoying. This is a classic example of “artifical difficulty”. The boss simply has a lot of health and just runs out the time to make you lose. He has these ridiculous buffs that he gets instantly, you can boon strip them and he immediatly regains them.

The only tips online are “Oh you have to do it with 5-6 people with a mesmer with boon steals, because he scales really poorly and becomes unkillable”. Every guild mission we’ve done, once per week, has been with half baked komali. It has become frustrating at this point because we usually fail it and have to reque the mission. Some of other bounties are great. This one is just bad. If someone wants to explain how to beat him without saying “just bring less people” would be great. My guild likes to include everyone best we can, and penalizing us for having a lot of guildies here when it takes a lot of guildies just to find all the guild bounties T2+ is ridiculous.

So yeah, how in the six do you kill this boss?

Half baked Komali

Posted by: Ivienn.6354

Ivienn.6354

My guild never had a problem to kill it. It is hard but it doesn’t get fire shield if you don’t hit it with conditions. So we all attack it without conditions and we always manage to kill it.

Nothing is ever easy

Half baked Komali

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

I don’t know if you’ve seen this link already, but

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/27/gw2-guild-bounty-guide/

Half Baked Komali has a fire shield that makes him extremely resistant to damage and gains 1 stack of might every time someone attack him. To remove this shield, you must do the following: 1) Stop attacking Komali when the shield is up to avoid an increase in stacks of might 2) Use boon removals to stripe both his might stacks and stability. Once his stability is removed, you can use knockbacks to push him out of his circle, which cause him to lose the fire shield. It is very important to stop attacking him when he has the fire shield as not only you do no damage to him, you also cause him to gain might stacks, making removing his stability a pain. (strategy provided by vrava on reddit).

Also note that mesmer is not the only class that strips boons. I believe necromancer focus and certain thief traits will also rip boons, as well as the Sigil of Nullification.

EDIT: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon#Skills_that_remove_boons
Also, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boon#Related_traits

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

(edited by Falunel.7645)

Half baked Komali

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

The necromancer even has ways to turn boons into conditions – Focus’ Spinal Shivers rips off boons and does more damage for each removed boon, and Well of Corruption, which turns boons into conditions. Very handy

Polka will never die