Hall of Monuments

Hall of Monuments

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: AuTomA.2459

AuTomA.2459

Hello guys,i’ve heard i could take some achievement points by using The Hall Of monuments,i just don’t understand how it works,i had an account very very long time ago full of char in gw1(with all the expansions),now,to earn ap in gw2 what should i do?

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

You have to link your gw1 account to your gw2 account which can be done on the Gw2 website.

Go to “My Account”. There should be an option there. I kinda forgot how I did it back when gw2 launched.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Hall of Monuments

AuTomA.2459

You have to link your gw1 account to your gw2 account which can be done on the Gw2 website.

Go to “My Account”. There should be an option there. I kinda forgot how I did it back when gw2 launched.

Tyvm for the infos,now i’ve linked both the accounts,what is the next step?

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Now you should be able to go to the Hall of Monuments using the Hall of Monuments Portal Stone.

You can get this stone for free from the merchant Sarettokk in Lions Arch. I believe he is in the Undermarket (the large cave in the north-west corner of the map).

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Hall of Monuments

AuTomA.2459

i’m in the hall of monuments right now,the only thing i can do is : click on the Xunlai chest and being reply with : u need to talk with xunlai agent to activate you storage account today.What am i supposed to do? O.o

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Elathan.4902

Elathan.4902

I think you’ve misunderstood – you need to go to the Hall of Monuments in GW2, not GW1.

Going to the Hall of Monuments in GW1 does nothing, and there’s no Xunlai agent in GW2.

Hall of Monuments

AuTomA.2459

i’m actually in gw2 hall of monuments…there are 4 person i can speak with but no one gives me shiet xD

Also on the left there are 2 xunlai chests that you can’t open.

Hall of Monuments

AuTomA.2459

Q: Why doesn’t the Reward Calculator say I have credit for something I know I have achieved?

A: The Reward Calculator only shows you things which have been registered at the actual Hall of Monuments, so you must go there in-game and interact with the monument associated with the item or other achievement you have earned.

Miniatures are registered at the Monument of Devotion.
Heroes and animal companions are registered at the Monument of Fellowship.
Titles and other special achievements are registered at the Monument of Honor.
Armor is registered at the Monument of Resilience.
Weapons are registered at the Monument of Valor.

So i need to go into hall of monuments gw1 and see what do i actually have?but still i don’t understand,the calculator(atm)says i got 8 points or so,why i didn’t even unlock the achievement of 5 points?

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

i’m actually in gw2 hall of monuments…there are 4 person i can speak with but no one gives me shiet xD

Also on the left there are 2 xunlai chests that you can’t open.

The guy you need to speak to to claim any earned rewards is Kimmes the Historian. He is in the second room, standing on a large water lily pad on the water.

If you have earned rewards and can’t see them then you will need to go the the Kimmes in Guild Wars 1. Speak to him. Change the rewards you can see from account to character (or vice versa). Then speak to the Guild Wars 2 Kimmes again.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There are several factors involved in getting Hall of Monuments rewards in GW2. Some of this might seem very obvious, but from past experience it’s easier to cover the whole process from the beginning than to try and guess at the relevant parts.

1. You need to own a copy of GW1 that includes at least 1 campaign and Eye of the North. (Sounds like you’ve got this already.)

2. At least one character on your GW1 account needs to have visited the Eye of the North outpost.

3. The Monument of Honour (which stores titles and other achievements) is unlocked right away but the rest need a tapestry added first. You get tapestries during the EOTN storyline, or you can buy them from other players. Adding a tapestry only unlocks the monument for that character so it’s a good idea to think about which ones you’ll use. In particular you can only add one copy of each hero/pet to the Fellowship monument and one copy of each mini pet to the Devotion monument so you only really need to unlock those on one character, but make sure it’s one who has all the heroes.

4. Once the monument is unlocked you need to add things to it. Even if this is the first time you’ve visited the Hall if you’ve been playing GW1 for a while you’re likely to have some things you can add. The individual monuments pages linked from here give you a full list of what can be added to each one: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments

It’s easy to forget but every time you earn a title, upgrade a heroes armor, get new armor yourself etc. you need to actually go the hall and click on the monument to add it, otherwise it’s not counted.

(You can also speak to Kimmes the Historian in Pre-Searing Ascalon City to add the Legendary Defender of Ascalon, so you can keep your perma-pre if you have one.)

5. You need to log out of GW1 for the update to carry over to GW2 or the reward calculator website. (And possibly need to log into GW2 after logging out of 1, but I’m not entirely sure.)

6. Go to the Hall of Monuments in GW2 by using the portal stone. If you’ve unlocked the Black Widow Spider or White Raven you’ll see them wandering around. The other rewards you can get by speaking to Kimmes the Historian who is standing on a lily pad in the middle of the pool in the hall itself. (The Rainbow Jellyfish is swimming in the pool below him.)

Achievements and titles show up automatically on the achievements panel.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Hall of Monuments

AuTomA.2459

There are several factors involved in getting Hall of Monuments rewards in GW2. Some of this might seem very obvious, but from past experience it’s easier to cover the whole process from the beginning than to try and guess at the relevant parts.

1. You need to own a copy of GW1 that includes at least 1 campaign and Eye of the North. (Sounds like you’ve got this already.)

2. At least one character on your GW1 account needs to have visited the Eye of the North outpost.

3. The Monument of Honour (which stores titles and other achievements) is unlocked right away but the rest need a tapestry added first. You get tapestries during the EOTN storyline, or you can buy them from other players. Adding a tapestry only unlocks the monument for that character so it’s a good idea to think about which ones you’ll use. In particular you can only add one copy of each hero/pet to the Fellowship monument and one copy of each mini pet to the Devotion monument so you only really need to unlock those on one character, but make sure it’s one who has all the heroes.

4. Once the monument is unlocked you need to add things to it. Even if this is the first time you’ve visited the Hall if you’ve been playing GW1 for a while you’re likely to have some things you can add. The individual monuments pages linked from here give you a full list of what can be added to each one: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments

It’s easy to forget but every time you earn a title, upgrade a heroes armor, get new armor yourself etc. you need to actually go the hall and click on the monument to add it, otherwise it’s not counted.

(You can also speak to Kimmes the Historian in Pre-Searing Ascalon City to add the Legendary Defender of Ascalon, so you can keep your perma-pre if you have one.)

5. You need to log out of GW1 for the update to carry over to GW2 or the reward calculator website. (And possibly need to log into GW2 after logging out of 1, but I’m not entirely sure.)

6. Go to the Hall of Monuments in GW2 by using the portal stone. If you’ve unlocked the Black Widow Spider or White Raven you’ll see them wandering around. The other rewards you can get by speaking to Kimmes the Historian who is standing on a lily pad in the middle of the pool in the hall itself. (The Rainbow Jellyfish is swimming in the pool below him.)

tyvm man,u were very very helpful!

Hall of Monuments

AuTomA.2459

tyvm man,u were very very helpful!

Just one more thing,how do i get to hall of monuments in gw1??

Hall of Monuments

Astral Projections.7320

You will need the Eye of the North expansion.

Easiest way to get there the first time is from the outpost Boreal station. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Boreal_Station
To get to Boreal Station you will need to do one of the quests mentioned on that wiki page. Outside Boreal Station is the explorable area Ice Cliff Chasms. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ice_Cliff_Chasms
The Eye of the North outpost which holds the Hall of Monuments is in the center of this explorable area.

Hall of Monuments

AuTomA.2459

guys i don’t understand,i’ve linked both the account,reinstalled gw1 to go in the hall of monuments,i’ve upgraded EVERY of 8 char i got talking with each statue,then i talked with the historian(gw1),also,used the calculator and gave me more points(the ones i’ve added to the monuments)

Now when i go in the hall of monuments(gw2) it’s always the same thing,i talk to the historia and still he doesn’t give me shiet,what am i supposed to do?(ps : i have 0 point hall of monuments achievement at all).

Hall of Monuments

Astral Projections.7320

When you spoke to Kimmes in Guild Wars 1, did you switch between viewing account and character rewards?

If not, log into Guild Wars 1 and have Guild Wars 2 logged out then go and do that. Then log out of Guild Wars 1 and log back into Guild Wars 2 (important). Speak to Kimmes in Guild Wars 2 again.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Hall of Monuments

AuTomA.2459

When you spoke to Kimmes in Guild Wars 1, did you switch between viewing account and character rewards?

If not, log into Guild Wars 1 and have Guild Wars 2 logged out then go and do that. Then log out of Guild Wars 1 and log back into Guild Wars 2 (important). Speak to Kimmes in Guild Wars 2 again.

What do you mean by switch between viewing account and character rewards?

Hall of Monuments

Astral Projections.7320

Log out of Guild Wars 2. Log into Guild Wars 1. Go speak to Kimmes in Guild Wars 1.

Kimmes there will give you 3 conversation choices.
1) Show me my Account’s accomplishments. (This is rewards across all chars)
2) Show me my Legacy. (This is the rewards that one char has personally earned)
3) I’ll be on my way.

Switch between option one and option 2. (Do it a couple of times to be sure). Log out of Guild Wars 1. Log into Guild Wars 2. Speak to Kimmes in Guild Wars 2. This should allow you to see the rewards your account has earned.

P.S. The logging in and out part is important.

Hall of Monuments

AuTomA.2459

Log out of Guild Wars 2. Log into Guild Wars 1. Go speak to Kimmes in Guild Wars 1.

Kimmes there will give you 3 conversation choices.
1) Show me my Account’s accomplishments. (This is rewards across all chars)
2) Show me my Legacy. (This is the rewards that one char has personally earned)
3) I’ll be on my way.

Switch between option one and option 2. (Do it a couple of times to be sure). Log out of Guild Wars 1. Log into Guild Wars 2. Speak to Kimmes in Guild Wars 2. This should allow you to see the rewards your account has earned.

P.S. The logging in and out part is important.

I did exactly as you said,nada,he still doesn’t give me any rewards.I’ve also opened a ticket because this situation is getting weird.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Maybe u got this but, when talking to Kimmes in GW2 choose ‘Show me my legacy.’
NOT the other conversation option.

Hall of Monuments

AuTomA.2459

i can’t choose anything talking to kimmers in gw2….he only talks about the past etc,but i can’t actually click on nothing,i can only move forward till questions are answered and : i’ll be on my way.

Hall of Monuments

Astral Projections.7320

Just out of curiosity AuTomA, how many points do you have?

Well, no he won’t. The options are for Guild Wars 1 to track progress either for your account or for your character. In Guild Wars 2 it’s only for your account, but they named it your Legacy. Not consistent, but whatever.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Just out of curiosity AuTomA, how many points do you have?

Well, no he won’t. The options are for Guild Wars 1 to track progress either for your account or for your character. In Guild Wars 2 it’s only for your account, but they named it your Legacy. Not consistent, but whatever.

I was thinking the same thing. Even if you have the two games linked but no title tracks maxed out, then you won’t get a legacy

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Charismatic Harm.9683

Charismatic Harm.9683

@AuTomA

What is the name of any one of your characters in Guild Wars 1?

I’d like to check out your character in the Hall of Monuments Reward Calculator. It may help “us” to figure out where the issue may be.

For example, if you type “Charismatic Harm” into the Reward Calculator, you’ll see that I have 49/50 points and if you switch between tabs, you’ll see the different things I’ve added to my HoM to achieve those points.

Please note that a GW2 character name or your account name is not something we can look up in the Reward Calculator. I’d need the name of one of your characters in GW1.

If you can provide that to us, someone here might be able to give you a bit more guidance.

Guild: Member of Charter Vanguard [CV]
Logic will never win an argument on the forums…..only a sense of entitlement will.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Well even without having done anything in the HoM you still get 3 points for linking your account. So you should at least get those first 3 rewards, something is probably wrong with you linking our account :/

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Organization Sekhen.2481

Organization Sekhen.2481

are you sure that the accounts are propperly linked?

Hall of Monuments

Astral Projections.7320

How would one know if the accounts are properly linked are not? The only way I can think of is if the login for Guild Wars 1 switches over to match the Guild Wars 2 login.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

I talked with AuTomA in GW2.
HoM reward calculator works according to AuTomA.
So its a GW2/GW1 linking issue.
Wich i think i figured out when i asked if the same email address (=account name) for both GW1 and GW2 was used, wich wasnt.

Changing any account data in GW1 is disabled (since launch of GW2)
So a support ticket AuTomA made for changing the GW1 email address (into the GW2 one).

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Have you gone to https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=welcome and put your GW1 character name in the box and hit “enter” to see what you have unlocked?

The reward meter is near the top of the page. Mouse over the little boxes to see what’s unlocked, if anything.

(edited by Sinbold.8723)