Hall of Monuments Question

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Digital Dragon.2697

Digital Dragon.2697

Got the portal stone, but when I get there to talk to the historian there’s no rewards. Accounts are linked.

How do I get the rewards? Do I have to log into GW1?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think I remember some people saying logging in to GW1 can help. At the very least it couldn’t hurt.

During the launch weekend there was also a bug where players on the EU servers couldn’t get their rewards. You could fix it by transfering to a US server, visiting the hall and then transfering back to your original server (or whichever one you want to be on) but I thought they’d fixed that bug and it takes a lot longer now they’ve restricted server transfers so I’d suggest trying other fixes first.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Definitely try logging in to GW1 before going to support.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

Hmmm, I had a similar problem but I did not get the HoM portal stone in my inventory. Turns out I had not visited the HoM in GW1. When I did then I got the portal stone. So I am guessing the OP has already visited the GW1 HoM. I also took my main GW1 character into the HoM. Maybe you can do that too and see if it helps.

Digital Dragon.2697

I got the stone from a vendor in LA (can’t recall which one, it was the poi in a cave) because I didn’t have it in the inventory and a website said he sells it, if you’re able to get it.

I don’t remember if I went to HoM in GW1, been awhile.

Posted by: Alyssa.3419

Alyssa.3419

The vendor is Scornheart .

Digital Dragon.2697

I logged into GW1, and there is still nothing in the GW2 HoM. Do I have to do anything in particular in GW1? I can’t find anything to explain, except “log in, it should be there”

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Go here and enter your GW1 character name. Tell us what it shows you (or just give us the name of one of your GW1 characters so we can look for ourselves).

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

I think in this case your better off, asking support to help you. I would ignore Sleepwalkers advise. Although it is not on purpose, your gw1 character name is part of your security queston and there for it is unwise to post it on a public place. Beside that I don’t know what it would learn us if we know whats in it. You have visited the HoM in GW1 (or atleast logged in, so that would mean the first three rewards are ready) so the problem is that the accounts are obviously not properly linked (bugged?!). So off to support with you https://en.support.guildwars2.com/

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Digital Dragon.2697

Maybe that’s the thing, I don’t remember if I’ve visited the HoM in GW1 (or even how to get there anyway). I’m just looking to get the rare pets for my Ranger, guess overall it’s confusing.

Most the characters have 3/50 which I realize is probably no rewards really, but how do I get them, to get the pets?

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I had the same problem (on an NA server). Linked my accounts… no portal stone in my inventory when i created a new character… when i went to the HoM the NPC basically said my accounts weren’t linked… Tried logging in to GW1, no help there… Support’s automated responses were not helpful (telling me how to link my account when i specifically said over and over again that they were linked)… then one day a week or so later, it worked out of nowhere. Be patient and hopefully it will work itself out?

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

I think in this case your better off, asking support to help you. I would ignore Sleepwalkers advise. Although it is not on purpose, your gw1 character name is part of your security queston and there for it is unwise to post it on a public place. Beside that I don’t know what it would learn us if we know whats in it. You have visited the HoM in GW1 (or atleast logged in, so that would mean the first three rewards are ready) so the problem is that the accounts are obviously not properly linked (bugged?!). So off to support with you https://en.support.guildwars2.com/

There are two ways to avoid security issues:
1 – Create a temp character and give us that name. Delete it once we have looked
2 – Enter your character name, then give us the URL. That way we don’t see the name at all. For example, here is mine. Tell me the name of one of my characters.

Not that giving us the character name will help us get into your account. As long as you keep your password secret you’ll be safe, while anyone phishing for your account details will get your character name off you.

BTW, is this your HoM ?
If it is, then I’ve just proven how easily I can get your character name.

Maybe that’s the thing, I don’t remember if I’ve visited the HoM in GW1 (or even how to get there anyway). I’m just looking to get the rare pets for my Ranger, guess overall it’s confusing.

Most the characters have 3/50 which I realize is probably no rewards really, but how do I get them, to get the pets?

3/50 is what you get for linking accounts. To get more points, you need status in your HoM.

Here is a list of how many points you need for each thing, along with how many points each statue earns.

What you mean by “most the characters” ?
The points value is account based. So all your characters should have the same, unless you have multiple accounts.

Digital Dragon.2697

I didn’t realize the points were account based, thought it was per character. Essentially I have to play GW1 to earn more, right?

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

BTW, is this your HoM ?
If it is, then I’ve just proven how easily I can get your character name.

No it isn’t.
Like being said it is totally unneeded to ask the OP his name. It won’t tell you anything cause you don’t even have to have EotN to have Kimmes in GW2 to talk to you. My second account is factions only (and storage only) and has it’s 3 basic points everyon who owns any campaign in GW1 gets. So knowing how much points OP has doesn’t matter at all.
What matters is that he claims his account is correctly linked by him. We can’t check this claim (support can, and if not correct it for him or explain how to correct it himself). If it is correctly linked kimmes should at least offer him the heritage shoes, shorts and chestpiece.

@Digital Dragon: to get more points you need to play more GW (and for anything above 3 points you need to have traveled to the Eye of the North.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Digital Dragon.2697

Thanks Mercury. Sucks I have to do more GW1 lol, I play this one enough!