Hall of Monuments

Hall of Monuments

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Vylker.9286

Vylker.9286

I would like to know if my actions in GW2 unlocks any points or any other options in the Hall of Monuments. I have only 4 points from GW1 which means nothing, is there any good reason to link my accounts? Or I have to obtain these points only by playing GW1?

Thanks!

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

No option in GW2, you only get points for GW1. You can go back to GW1 and add more points at any time, so it is probobly a good idea to link them.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Vylker.9286

Vylker.9286

You mean “add” points by playing and earning them, not buing them somehow, right?

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

You mean “add” points by playing and earning them, not buing them somehow, right?

Yes, you earn points in the HoM by playing Guild Wars 1. You can ‘buy’ points by trading for consumables for certain titles such as sweet-tooth or party animal but you have to get those items from other people in the game.

To get all of the HoM skins that are available, you have to get 30 out of 50 HoM points. That is not all that hard to do in fairly short period of time.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Yes, you earn points in the HoM by playing Guild Wars 1. You can ‘buy’ points by trading for consumables for certain titles such as sweet-tooth or party animal but you have to get those items from other people in the game.

To get all of the HoM skins that are available, you have to get 30 out of 50 HoM points. That is not all that hard to do in fairly short period of time.

I wouldn’t say that. It is pretty time consuming. Depends how familiar you are with GW1. I’d say you are looking at months to go from 4 to 30 points.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

At least one solid month where gw1 is the only game you play (speaking from experience). It probably takes longer now than when I did it though.

And 4 points gets you the heritage boots, pants, chest and gloves.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You can’t earn points in GW2 because the entire point of the HoM was to reward GW1 players.

I suspect the original point was actually to give long time players an incentive to switch over to GW2 by making them feel like they weren’t losing everything they’d achieved to start from scratch. But either way the whole point was you were supposed to put a lot of time and effort into GW1 to get those points, either earning them directly or farming gold to buy them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: cdsmith.1072

cdsmith.1072

I wouldn’t say that. It is pretty time consuming. Depends how familiar you are with GW1. I’d say you are looking at months to go from 4 to 30 points.

True, not that short of a time but I am also equating it with playing Guild Wars 1 since Beta. On that time scale it really does not take all that long to get to 30/50. Besides, GW1 is still a lot of fun.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: davidcrickett.8536

davidcrickett.8536

btw I remember vaguely hearing about a karma merchant in Lions Arch, where you could buy a portal to Hall of Monuments?

80: guardian (Ea Greenwood), warrior (Vulg Painbrain), necro (Dafydda),
mesmer (Petroline),
ele (Apple Scruff), engineer (Andersine And), ranger (Dafydd Black), thief (Pi Jensen).

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Drevin.6534

Drevin.6534

Quote from Wiki:

Scornheart (in Hooligan’s Route) offers the portal stone for free.

Hall of Monuments

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I would like to know if my actions in GW2 unlocks any points or any other options in the Hall of Monuments. I have only 4 points from GW1 which means nothing, is there any good reason to link my accounts? Or I have to obtain these points only by playing GW1?

Thanks!

HoM points are only unlocked by playing GW1, to give you some rewards to use in GW2. You can’t add any points to it in GW2.

There’s really no good reason not to link your accounts, unless you’re planning to buy another GW2 account in the future and want it linked to that one instead (which doesn’t seem to fit your situation.) It only takes a minute or so to link them.

At four points, you can get most of a set of armour skins. If you did just a little bit more, you’d add more rewards, including a title. Since you already have a GW1 account, you may as well have it set up to earn points for GW2 when/if you go back to it.

I see no reason for you not to link them, since even though the rewards you’d get for your number of points is low, the effort of linking them is pretty much nothing, so why not do it?