Halp! Can't Decide On Class

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: EvilParfait.7538

EvilParfait.7538

I have several level 40+s, but each time I get to that level I seem to get bored. Right now elementalist, mes and ranger are all 40+ and I want to try out warrior or thief next… but I can’t decide.

I’d love to be playing my ranger, but from what I keep hearing they are broken and I can’t be happy with a class that deep in the back of my head I know is broken and weak.

I love mesmer but I need an alt so I don’t burn out.

I hesitate to play thief because it’s squishy for the damage it does. And I smell a nerf.
I hesitate to play warrior because there’s like two sets of heavy armor that look halfway decent, and both at level 80. So I’d have to look like crap from 1-80 and that’s just not appealing to me. Shallow? Perhaps.

Posted by: Belial.1478

Belial.1478

Try a thief, they are (IMO) the most fun/dynamic class to play. And Rangers are decidedly not broken, the people who say so cannot be playing them right. They’re not meant to be a tanky class as I’ve seen some people trying to play them as (it works in some MMO’s but not this one), they’re more evasive little blaggards that distract you with their pets while they own you from long range.
TL;DR Try thief. Rangers are not broken.

Posted by: EvilParfait.7538

EvilParfait.7538

I would completely believe you about rangers except for the fact I know, from first hand experience, that pets are completely and horrifically broken. Not happy op broken, but more like my pet sits there uselessly or dies very quickly and I’m out 30-40% dps while in dungeons… broken.

Posted by: Belial.1478

Belial.1478

Let me clarify what I meant; I use pets (bears mostly) as meat shields while I do damage with a GS or a bow. Protip: Switching your pet before it dies only gives you a 20 sec cooldown, high health/toughness pets can survive 20 sec no prob.
(Sorry if I come off as a kitten, I just can’t stand the people who QQ about rangers being broken. Especially since I’ve had so much success with them myself. :P)