Having trouble with mouse right-click in game

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: legion.7518

legion.7518

Q:

I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve always made heavy use of the mouse right-button to control my character in MMO’s. Never had any problem before, but since coming back to this game a couple weeks ago (after about a year off) I am having lots of trouble with this, and it’s now gotten to where I have a hard time playing.

The mouse right-click does not register, I’d say more than half of the time. Or when I’m holding it down it will stop working as if I released the button when I haven’t. I thought it might be my mouse, but I’ve tested the right button outside the game and it seems to work flawlessly. Any ideas what’s going on here?

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

It can only be your mouse, or maybe you changed the key bind of the right-button in the game menu for unknown reasons.
I never had any problem with my RMB since the betas.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You can’t change mouse button bindings in the game, only keyboard controls.

It might well be your mouse. That’s the first sign I had that my old Razer one was dying, I’d try to click and drag something and it’d double click instead. Oddly enough I first noticed it only when playing Sims 2, then GW1, then it started happening all the time. (Not long after other buttons stopped working and I finally gave in and got a new mouse.)

It could possibly also be something lag related but I’m not sure why that would only affect right click.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Have you actually tried another mouse? That would be my first suggestion before you go following every wild suggestion you find on these forums.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

I’ve been having the same issue, and my mouse is notorious to have problems like this. I use a laptop so I can test to see if it works on my trackpad, and it does.

You are most likely having a double click problem with your mouse. When you click or hold down the button it will instead click multiple times. This is due to a brass piece under the button that has been pushed down so much that it has trouble registering if you are clicking.

You can find more about this on google, and there’s ways to fix it but it’s complicated. The best choice is to get a new mouse.

Do you mind if I ask what kind of mouse you have?

Posted by: legion.7518

legion.7518

It’s a Microsoft Wireless Mobile 4000, but today I unplugged the receiver (I always keep it in the laptop) and now everything is working. So false alarm, I guess, for now at least. If it starts to happen again I’ll definitely try getting another mouse.