Help Getting to the Dungeon of Arah + Quest

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Mere.9352

Mere.9352

I can’t seem to get over there. All the waypoints are constantly contested; I die every time I try and get there; plus this is a dungeon and when I ask for help; no one helps me. It’s really frustrating not being able to complete the game; no matter what I try. Advice is much appreciated or help. Help would be great in fact.

It’s honestly discouraging to see so many people ignoring players in need of help.

(edited by Mere.9352)

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

http://www.gw2state.com/temples.html
Look were Arah is open and guest to that world.

Use the ingame lfg to find a group for the dungeon.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Arah story mode is long, unrewarding and not particularly fun(and as of a few updates ago, very buggy at some parts). Your best bet would be finding other people who also need it. I usually do it with my guild once we’ve gotten our characters close to the end.

As for people not responding you need to consider what you are asking. It’s about a 1 hour commitment to something that is neither fun nor rewarding unless they happen to need it. Then it is still not particularly fun and rewarding is questionable but at least it got something done for them as well.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Mere.9352

Not worth completing the personal story then? I googled it and I didn’t see much about it; and if what you are saying is true, that might be why. If someone got me there, is it soloable? And could I access the personal story from any of the other dungeons? Or do I specifically have to be in the ruins of orr?

I don’t mean to sound rude – but it is very frustrating that even when I ask no one responds even to tell me that it’s difficult and unrewarding.

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

It’s not hard, what’s hard is when u have asxxxxxx in your groups and they think they know everything and bitxxes at people. Don’t give trying there’s always people trying to get dungeon master titles.

vvuevv

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

Firstly, how rewarding/fun the final part of the personal story happens to be is totally subjective. Don’t take one persons word for it that you won’t enjoy it, I’ve done it several times on different characters and have enjoyed it most times. Admittedly, for those who like good cash/drop rewards from running explorable dungeon paths, the story path for Arah is underwhelming, but that’s not why you’re doing it, you’re doing it to complete your personal story.

Don’t use map chat to try and find a group, use the in game looking for group tool located in the contact menu (press [Y]). Go to the Dungeons section and the Arah part of that and add your group – make sure you specify you’re looking for STORY mode. It may take a while to fill a group but at least then you are looking across all players on every server in your region vs people who are on the map with you at the time.

You don’t need to be at the dungeon entrance when you advertise the group, just be on the map and hopefully you might find one of your party is at an open entrance to the dungeon on their server, if not you can do as suggested and google which server currently has it open and guest.

Finally, if you are in a guild have you asked other members to help. Perhaps some of them are also at the final stage of the story and need the Arah dungeon to finish?

Good luck finding a group, don’t let your first few tries to enter Arah put you off.

Edit: And just to reply to your last couple of questions. No – you can’t solo it and No – it can’t be any dungeon it must be the Arah story path.

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast

Mere.9352

Okay, thank you Lexy! That really helped and I managed to find a group!

Posted by: Lexy.3912

Lexy.3912

So glad, did you complete it? I hope that you enjoyed it, but if not at least you didn’t let it beat you!

My GW2 Project 365 – building a picture of a year in Tyria
The #GW2Project365 on Twitter
Proudly representing The Legion of Honour [XIII] on Tarnished Coast