Help Leveling

Help Leveling

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Gotenss.1507

Gotenss.1507

Ok so i’ve just started playing and i think i know most of the aspects of the game, Except leveling. I get how questing works in this game, but it is just a little bit too time consuming. I think my biggest problem is that im soloing through this game, im wondering does that make a big difference while leveling or is it just me?

Help Leveling

Posted by: Sabertooth.2374

Sabertooth.2374

I think its safe to say that the higher level you are the easier it is, thats how it turned out for me but a leveling tip i used is always do your dailies

Help Leveling

Posted by: Aly.3429

Aly.3429

Just by exploring and doing the heart quests you should be able to level up fairly quickly. I’ve so far solo’ed 4 professions to 80 and have not been playing real long (compared to others)and I have noticed that some professions level faster than others. For example I started a new warrior and after a day of playing it was 15, but my Mesmer levels much slower and was lucky to gain 5 levels in the same amount of play time.

Help Leveling

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Certain classes are easy to level because if you’re going the open world route, its all about killing.

Do your personal story, it gives massive exp.

You’re best option if you have gold is crafting. You can gain up to 13 levels crafting one profession to 400. On average you get 10-11.

Another great option is dungeons. The mobs give good exp and the rewards for completing a path give you 1 level per path plus gold/karma/tokens.

Make sure you use food and potions, gives you a 20% exp bonus.

Hope this helped!

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Help Leveling

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Use food/potions for XP boosts.
Hearts (quests) shouldn’t take long. They’re nearby & you don’t have to turn them in.
Storyline quests give great XP.
Crafting can be expensive for a new player. But it also gives decent XP.
Gather. Make sure you have all 3 gathering tools and gather everything you see. It’s easy XP & a source of potential money (sell) or XP (craft).

Get bored of questing? Explore. I hunted tameable pets with my Ranger at a fairly low level and got fantastic XP just for exploring and hitting the POIs or vistas I passed nearby.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Help Leveling

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Take the advice of the risen and Kill Everything!
I usually don’t pay attention to my levels but last night I was leveling my necromancer for about 3.5h for 5 levels. That was just killing whatever I came across as I finished the hearts and along with the rest of the maps. Also doing any event that I know I can handle. This was not my first time on that map though. I think on the first visit I spent an hour looking for the way up to a particular vista. >_<

I was also using a food and a tuning crystal for the +10% exp on them. It doesn’t matter which food you use since they all provide the same boost.

Help Leveling

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Also, don’t be under the impression that the fun only starts at level 80. You are supposed to enjoy the ride to maximum level, because there is not a lot of level-80-exclusive content.

This is by design. Guild Wars 2 just introduces the fun BEFORE the leveling is over.

Help Leveling

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

Dynamic Events level you up fairly quickly, especially if you find a chain of them. Once I hit level 50 something on my first character I levelled to 80 doing dungeons. I then levelled my second character from 35 to 80 doing dungeons. Completing a dungeon run gives you 70% of your current experience bar. I highly recommend it for fast levelling, but as a result my world completion is under 40%. It doesn’t bother me though, since I don’t really enjoy map exploration and find it really time-consuming. It just depends on your playstyle and personal preferences.