Help! My interest is falling :S

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Areia.1940

Areia.1940

Sup, so I love this game, I really really do. The problem is as many people have already stated, I just don’t know what to do now, I’m pretty much full exotic geared, I care not for cosmetic apparel, I’ve almost got 100 world completion and only have some of the explorable mode dungeons left.

After I’ve done these dungeons and finished up on the few bits for 100% completion, what else is there for me to do other that WvW and sPvP?

Thanks for reading.

Posted by: Mariah.4850

Mariah.4850

I guess what I would say is a) take advantage of your superior gear in WvW and have some fun there and conquer your class and all of it’s abilities/weapon combinations, and b) realize you’re in an upper tier of players who have already completed everything quite quickly (in about three weeks) since the game’s release. My ele is 68 or so, and I’m taking everything slowly and enjoying it greatly.

I think Anet is waiting for the masses to get to your point come out with content, so everyone starts at a fair playing field and not having to rush through their later levels to get to it.

Side note: have you tried the jumping puzzles yet? and maybe try another character! (:

Posted by: gooberkid.6029

gooberkid.6029

Sadly, from what I am reading and hearing from max-level guildmates, I don’t think there really is anything else.
My highest level character is at 37 and I am already debating my future here. As much as I dearly loved the original and as beautiful as this game is, right now there just doesn’t seem to be anything to do at 80.
I always thought ANet was awfully vague about what the endgame was going to be; now I think I see why.
Just my two cents here, but I think the idea of rolling another character out of boredom two weeks after launch is a bit ridiculous.

“What is it men cannot be made to believe!” – Thomas Jefferson, 1786

Areia.1940

I really do hope Mariah is correct and they are just waiting for the masses to get on par. And yes I am enjoying pretty much one-shotting people in WvW, it’s quite entertaining

Unfortunately I made the mistake of rushing to level 80, though I immersed myself in the story line, my main goal was always to level as quickly as possible, which has now back-fired :/

Also I am trying other characters, it’s just a little dull doing it over again, but still fun to be trying out the other classes (I eventually want all classes maxed out like I’ve done on WoW)

I think I’m just going to have to make the most of WvW and perhaps work on some of the harder achievements, and maybe the legendary, though that does seems like a ridiculous grind fest :/

Thanks for the input so far guys.

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

You can always start a new character and check out allthe other different stories or’pvp till new comtent comes. Im still 48 but i didnt rush, im loving every bits of it. Peop.e who rushed now have the honor to wit and wait while everyone is trying to catch up.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

The design of the game is for you to do whatever you used to do for fun. Or try something new.

But grinding the gear isn’t/wasn’t so you can grind more gear. That’s a different game.

If you’re done, you’re done. Leave off logging in for a while. It’s not like you have a subscription ticking, needing you to get your money’s worth.

Posted by: Ennarian.4620

Ennarian.4620

I just hit 80 today and my mindset hasn’t changed. I still have to complete my story, clear each zone 100%, find and complete all the puzzles, get in some Keg Brawls, explore all the WvW zones, rank up in sPvP, get stuff for a Legendary or so, run the last 6 dungeons and all explorable modes, get exotic gear, and start saving up tokens for some of the cool dungeon armor.

After that, I’ll probably make my first alt.

The Dead Collector: “Bring out your dead!”
Zhaitan: “Challenge accepted.”

Posted by: Alex.9432

Alex.9432

Be glad that you’ve probably played this game for about 200 hours now. That’s 200 hours, less than a buck an hour for entertainment!

Posted by: Mercucial.6759

Mercucial.6759

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Community-opinion-on-the-PvE-endgame/first#post39382

Just wanted to post this here. Pretty much addresses my concerns with the current end game.

Posted by: Hieronumous.3541

Hieronumous.3541

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Community-opinion-on-the-PvE-endgame/first#post39382

Just wanted to post this here. Pretty much addresses my concerns with the current end game.

Along with the forty thousand different rebuttals.

Posted by: Kalithro.6532

Kalithro.6532

Cosmetic apparel will not keep me playing a game either.

I however am taking my time with the game very slowly. There are way to many great games out in todays market. Play a little GW2… play something else… play a little more GW2… etc… /w no monthly subscription it works. Good MMO to play on the side b/c you know other players will be at the same level as you if you want to take a break for a month.

Posted by: Srondon.3642

Srondon.3642

Well you say you don’t care for cosmetic upgrades.. or PvP.. which does indeed leave you in a rut. Sorry, but this game simply doesn’t have a massive time sink of vertical progression content for you to climb. If you’re not interested in getting your Legendaries, fighting in PvP, helping mates with their content, or perfecting your aesthetics then yes, you’re right, this game doesn’t have anything left for you (besides rolling alts).

To be honest, what you’re suggesting is like myself going into a vegan restaurant, enjoying my first course of salad, and then being annoyed that I can’t have a steak for my main course. There really are things for you to do at 80, they’re just not the types of things you usually focus on compared to other MMOs (aesthetics vs gear treadmill).

Posted by: DangerMonkey.3158

DangerMonkey.3158

>Rushes through the game in 3 weeks
>Doesn’t realise end game content hasn’t fully been devoloped because at this time, levelling and exploring the world IS the game
>Complains anyway

Fear me! For I am the dangerous primate!
Rank 1X SneekyTheef (T), Wizzizard (M), Gerdierhn (G)
Builds:http://www.gw2builds.org/user/dangermonkey

Posted by: gabo.6721

gabo.6721

<FONT COLOR="green">>green text stories?
> be level 50
> started playing morning of Sept 1
> level scaling is murdering me because i don’t regularly upgrade equipment
> started poor, now making reasonable coin
> hit a good plateau at around 30-40
> leveling up so fast
> why_cant_i_hold_all_these_exp.jpg
> still using [cheap] minor runes of different kinds to get flat +60 str
> saw level 60 runes
> i skipped the mid level kind
> final countdown.mp3</font>

I kind of don’t want to level so fast so i can cherish the experience, but there’s thing little voice in my head that keeps telling me that “dude, next gear set is waaay awesome, get it asap!” i’m so torn…
: ) :

Loving the WvW and SPvP though, so i’m sure when i do reach endgame, i won’t be bummed. made a 2nd character early to reserve the name so there’s also always that. haha.
Gabo Silvershine
Isle of Janthir
Learn my name, or do not. The world will know it soon enough.

Posted by: Lucky.3870

Lucky.3870

You can also always try a new race/profession combination. That keeps things interesting, you can also try different choices for your story.

Posted by: Asthenea.1546

Asthenea.1546

Legendary gear? New storyline choices, 7 more classes, 4 more races, 100% map completion, WvW, random champion spawns, crafting, jump puzzles, hidden Easter eggs… Just because you got 100% map completion doesn’t mean you’ve seen everything… Or just wait for more content!

On another note how are people at 80? Just how? i’ve put like 20 hours into my level 27 thief

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

OP is an MMO locust. Sadly for you there are only sandboxes (nothing good out there right now before ArcheAge comes) and/or waiting for the next themepark. MoP is out on the 25th, should keep you grinding for another 2 weeks at least.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Talon Vector.5748

Talon Vector.5748

Wow reading all of these things makes me think being a developer would suck, although that being said i agree with what alot of people r saying, and also dis agree. Any way, u know some of u if not alot of u leved to 80 quickly and i thought to myself WHY? I mean u wait on a game for years and then run through it, but here is where i agree with u, after playin dungeons, and yes i know there r those of u that will not agree with me, but what ever. After playin dungeons which is 1 of the ways u can milk a game to get more enjoyment out of it, (I have only done AC EX mode) which I found completly un enjoyable, now with that being said I know my skill is good enough to play the game by playin against real players in spvp, which r mostly better then npc’s. =) The only way i could see a quick fix on increasing pve play time would to make farming these instances for gear to b more viable to a larger group of people, ie not the super hard core. I think the only thing that a hard core player really wants from an mmo is something that others cant get, but us normal players dont really care about show casing our ability, we just want to enjoy the content. so i would say that the developers could keep the instance difficulty the same 4 the people who like it, and idk lets say… add a title or an achievment that they can have 4 getting through it. But allighn explorable mode more with story modes difficulty, for us more normal players so that we can still enjoy the content as well. and honestly idk if it looks the same 4 u all but all the rare gear from the dungeons looks the same, but the exotic gear is what looks different, now if thats the way it looks to u all also and its not a game bug then…… im sorry but anet what were u thinkin, the only reason most of us want to run a instance is for new looking, better gear. But any way with all that said i know the recipe for success is to keep every 1 happy, which i know is hard to do, but the hard core gamers and the normal r going to have to get different modes of difficulty, and come to some kind of comprimise to make evrey 1 happy. maybe this belongs on a different topic but i think that dungeon difficulty, and rewards from doing them can add to a players over all play time and experience in a game, and thats why i put it here. so to all u elite players out there i hope if they change things u get your show case items, and to all us casual, hopefully we can actually get though these things, and still get some good gear if not just a good experience together.

Posted by: Kerena.3859

Kerena.3859

by the looks of it WvW & sPvP seems to be the endgames. unless you can consider stuff like Explorer mode for PvE people. If everyone raced to 80 that’s fine good 4 you on the accomplishment, but you should of thought it through and notice all there is is just the dynamic events, WvW, SPvP and the explorer mode dungeons for your challenges. Otherwise gotta wait. I say A.net did a good job with the game bugs aside and all. In all honesty you got what you paid for it isn’t a Pay to Play game so if you are fully geared out aren’t interested in cooler looking gear okay. Go pvp or do other dungeons, if you don’t like it then chat with friends, if that doesn’t appeal to you, go level a new character, but if you don’t like any of these choices then go play a different game and wait til more content comes out.

Posted by: EyeSeeSound.1348

EyeSeeSound.1348

I read about the game so decided to roll 1 character on each class. I am levelling four of them at once to give me the variety of different play styles. One is at 50 the other 3 around level 20. I am also levelling up all the crafts, 2 per character. Where some people have already ‘completed’ the game I have rather a lot more to do and look forward to and experience. Not least of all trying all the dungeons with different play styles.

Horses for courses really but being at the top ASAP isn’t my thing. Enjoying things is.

My only gripe is some of the hearts are tedious beyond belief and some of the vistas kitten me off too.

Posted by: VendettaDFA.9368

VendettaDFA.9368

My only suggestion would be to challenge yourself to a new character, the one you would least likely pick to make it interesting, then enjoy the journey instead of rushing to cap. My gripe with all previous MMO’s Including WoW , which I quit after 2 years, is the best content being 60,80,100 lvls away and nothing to do but kill 1,236,754 lvl 3 boars to get there.

This game isn’t of that mold. I have 5 diff chars highest is just now level 20, I played from the head start, but I havent rushed a thing I explore, help out in events even if its one I did before that suddenly appears again. Someone else gets to benefit from my help. Its the social side of the MMO that gets promised but never delivered on in so many others that I love about this game. I hope you can find your “fun” again. Surely you have overlooked something during your initial powerleveling rush.

Posted by: Mustaine.9357

Mustaine.9357

Areia

Hope this finds you well

I play to meet people, play with them in all the different aspects, and help and guide those who are new thru many new experiences -

I’m always around – good night

Areia.1940

Well you say you don’t care for cosmetic upgrades.. or PvP.. which does indeed leave you in a rut.

I do enjoy PvP :P It’s one of the main reasons I think this game is so good, it’s just that I do also like PvE for when I get bored of PvP

Areia.1940

OP is an MMO locust. Sadly for you there are only sandboxes (nothing good out there right now before ArcheAge comes) and/or waiting for the next themepark. MoP is out on the 25th, should keep you grinding for another 2 weeks at least.

I fail to understand the MMO locust. Also I’m not playing WoW, I’ve done my time with that game. The only other MMO I’ve played is SW:TOR which I got to level 15 on and got bored. (I don’t count GW1 as an MMO, it’s a co-op RPG with a lobby, and PvP on the side…yet still a very good game that kept me entertained for a long time)

Posted by: Kesarai.5084

Kesarai.5084

I can’t tell someone whats in the game for them, what the end game will be, nor can I suggest since I haven’t made it to 80 yet….and I have been playing since the 3 day headstart.

To me personally, it seems this game was designed to enjoy the levelling process and not race to 80. Explore the hidden areas, jumping puzzles, crafting, trying to discover new recipes, etc.

While some of the storylines seems to be more challenging for some classes than others, do the different story options on different alts.

I guess I’m just getting old, I enjoy taking my time to get the end game and seeing the world as I go….lol

Edit: All that being said, I have loved my time so far here. Well, except for the dungeons which I haven’t done any yet, but eventually I might get to it. Too much other stuff to do and explore at the moment

(edited by Kesarai.5084)

Posted by: Bobbeeoh.2754

Bobbeeoh.2754

Make an alt, and enjoy the journey, rather than rushing through

I cannot stress the “dont rush through” enough, because this game is NOT like etc WoW.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I fail to understand the MMO locust. Also I’m not playing WoW, I’ve done my time with that game. The only other MMO I’ve played is SW:TOR which I got to level 15 on and got bored. (I don’t count GW1 as an MMO, it’s a co-op RPG with a lobby, and PvP on the side…yet still a very good game that kept me entertained for a long time)

MMO locust is a term for a person who starts playing a new MMO and then spends an absurd amount of time per day to consume all the available content as quickly as possible. Then they come to the forums complaining that the developer should suddenly create them another bunch of content (which took them 5 years to make in the first place) so they could also consume through this aswell.

I’m sorry but there is no developer in the world who could create content as fast as you consume it. The only solutions are to

a) add tons of grind to the “endgame”, making it unbearable for anybody else except the MMO locusts.
b) create sandbox elements so players can create new content themselves.

Neither one of these options seem very viable at the moment (unless you count WvWvW as sort of a sandbox), so your best bet is to move on to the next game and return when the first expansion is published.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: wintermute.2047

wintermute.2047

The trick was knowing that there wasn’t a traditional end game to begin with, thus saving you that rush to 80. That said, I guess the closest thing to do that’s “traditional” is to grind explore modes. Even if you don’t care for skins, that’s all high end gear typically is anyway. Also, aren’t there high level zone bosses?

Posted by: fingis.2867

fingis.2867

i’m go to do do wvw at 80. my concern is that the queues to get into wvw will be very long.

Posted by: xnorb.8207

xnorb.8207

“Oh, i boosted to endgame in my grind of 10 hours per day, now i’m bored, HELP!”.

Here’s some advice:
Enjoy the gaming experience rather than pushing hard to get to lvl 80.
As you already screwed it for your first char, create a second one – something completely
different than what your first was (if you are warrior, why not pick the mage ?)
and this time play this game the right way.

I’m in since 27th and i’ve got one char® lvl 41 and i discover something new every day and not the slightest glimse of boredom.

Good Juju … big … hairy … Charr Guardian

Posted by: everreal.9862

everreal.9862

I just hit 80 today and my mindset hasn’t changed. I still have to complete my story, clear each zone 100%, find and complete all the puzzles, get in some Keg Brawls, explore all the WvW zones, rank up in sPvP, get stuff for a Legendary or so, run the last 6 dungeons and all explorable modes, get exotic gear, and start saving up tokens for some of the cool dungeon armor.

After that, I’ll probably make my first alt.

My list exactly Except I still need to get to 80, lol. Im at 62 but LOVING the way there. I just always split up my time between pvp tournaments with my guildies and leveling.

Posted by: muthax.4720

muthax.4720

MMO locusts and people who are stuck in a gear threadmill mindset have two choices:
1) evolve and start to use their brain
2) well there isn’t really an option number 2…

Posted by: muthax.4720

muthax.4720

MMO locust is a term for a person who starts playing a new MMO and then spends an absurd amount of time per day to consume all the available content as quickly as possible. Then they come to the forums complaining that the developer should suddenly create them another bunch of content (which took them 5 years to make in the first place) so they could also consume through this aswell.

I’m sorry but there is no developer in the world who could create content as fast as you consume it. The only solutions are to

a) add tons of grind to the “endgame”, making it unbearable for anybody else except the MMO locusts.
b) create sandbox elements so players can create new content themselves.

Neither one of these options seem very viable at the moment (unless you count WvWvW as sort of a sandbox), so your best bet is to move on to the next game and return when the first expansion is published.

Just a correction: locust usually skip content in their mad rush to “end game” AND then whine that they don’t have anything to do

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

The game has been out for three weeks and it sounds like you put in 150+ hours at least into it. Most people dont have this kind of time to sink into a game. I think you are going to have to spvp, wvw pvp or just play something else for awhile. People in your boat are in the EXTREME minority.
This is the same complaint about every new MMO that comes out… no endgame no endgame. What kind of endgame do people want? A new expansion every month with 2 weeks of content, which for these people needs to be like 100+ hours minimum.
Maybe get a job? A SO? Play something else?

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Just my two cents here, but I think the idea of rolling another character out of boredom two weeks after launch is a bit ridiculous.

I think the idea of having a fully exotic max level character two weeks after launch is a bit ridiculous.

Granted, everyone’s leveling speed and available time are different, but I don’t feel like I could have taken my time and enjoyed everything on my character and be level 80 right now.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

So, you rushed through all the content and now you are wondering why you are running out of things to do? What did you expect?

The “end-game” is cosmetic… finding legendary items and cool cosmetic armor. Of course, this game isn’t about “end-game”. It wasn’t built around the idea of rushing to max level quickly to get to the “real” game. It’s about enjoying the ride, exploring, and just having fun. It is pretty refreshing to just be able to take my time and enjoy the game rather than feeling like I’m “falling behind” or “almost to the good part”.

As for what to do, PvP and WvW are what will keep me playing for months/years. Dungeons, finding legendaries, and alts are what will keep me playing PvE for quite some time. I am not quite sure what else you were expecting.

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Death.5362

Death.5362

So, you rushed through all the content and now you are wondering why you are running out of things to do? What did you expect?

The “end-game” is cosmetic… finding legendary items and cool cosmetic armor. Of course, this game isn’t about “end-game”. It wasn’t built around the idea of rushing to max level quickly to get to the “real” game. It’s about enjoying the ride, exploring, and just having fun. It is pretty refreshing to just be able to take my time and enjoy the game rather than feeling like I’m “falling behind” or “almost to the good part”.

As for what to do, PvP and WvW are what will keep me playing for months/years. Dungeons, finding legendaries, and alts are what will keep me playing PvE for quite some time. I am not quite sure what else you were expecting.

Posted by: Death.5362

Death.5362

Every game I play, there is always someone, usually several people that rush through the game and complain there is no endgame content. You people need to learn that, “it is not about the destination, but the journey.” These are useless posts. Why would you rush through a game that just came out? Just to post that you have beaten most everyone else out on level cap and gear cap? I just don’t understand. This game was meant to be enjoyed not grinded through like a mindless robot. Pointless, stupid, useless post.

Posted by: StarlightGamer.9560

StarlightGamer.9560

My interest is waning as well. I have four characters, three of which are in their 40’s and the other is 15. I think the lack of motivation is stemming from a few different things:

1. I like crafting things and selling things. As we all know, currently the market isn’t much of an economy, with crafted gear selling for less than the cost of the materials to make them. That drives a stake between two things I’m fond of. Either I can sell the mats and make a profit, or I can craft with them and take a loss. People say the economy will straighten out over time. I hope they’re right, because I’m not so confident.

2. Skill woes. I’m not too fond of the way you can have every weapon skill for a character by level 5 (or sooner). I’m hoping that there’ll be more to work toward later.

By level 20, I’ve pretty much got every skill I’ll ever use. By level 35-40, I have the elite skills I want. One problem here is that half the skills of any class aren’t worth putting any points into. Am I going to put 15 skill points into my thief’s elite skill that gives me venom that turns one enemy to stone for one second and has a 45 second cooldown and a casting time? Dear god, I want to burst into laughter just thinking about it.

So they’ve driven a wedge between two of my favorite activities, and after level 35, character growth is limited almost entirely to traits and gear. So I pretty much lose motivation shortly after hitting level 40. I might start a warrior soon, since I’ve seen other people using them and they seem incredibly strong, but I’m not anticipating going through the same areas again (or coming up with a decent name for the character).

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

I hate seeing “…other than WvW and sPvP…” in these posts.

Have you TRIED WvW with a good guild? Man it is easily the best time I have had playing a video game in probably 10 years or more (since the old days of UO PK and Anti-PK battles).

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I have 5 toons and only one over level 40. The rest under 20. Just taking my time, working through the personal stories, crafting, harvesting and questing. And I still need to roll a Necro, Engineer and Elementalist somewhere down the line. I can easily see me playing this game for at least a couple of years.

But I work full time also, so my time is limited. But no matter what games I’ve ever played. The journey to end game was a heck of lot more fun than any end game in any game.

Raf

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Posted by: Fugly.5287

Fugly.5287

If you’ve done all that already perhaps you should get a job or continue your education.

Posted by: Cliffy.5197

Cliffy.5197

Not to be rude but can you name one game that was out 3 weeks and had good end game pve content?? I’ve been around a while and have played many games and this is the common theme with every game after release. People level too fast and cant figure out why there is nothing for them to do. You’re stuck with pvp or leveling an alt….thats about it for now

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

I did the 3 day head start and play a ton each day.

Myabe it just me, but I see myself playing this game for a longkitten time.

I am lvl 45, mesmer. I go back and redo so many things over and over again. I love the jumping puzzle, just the one in WvW EB. Ive done enough to get about 50 siege weapons from. Which you get 2 siege weapons each run(sometimes more, but ave is 2).
So just the jps alone, I can see myself doing for years to come. I also love the personal story. Like when the charr turn into a human girl, he was walking around saying I am a pretty girl and such.

I found it funny as hell, so I will wanna see the other story lines to. If Orr is a gaint war zone, that works kinda like WvW. Then I can see myself doing that a lot. WvW I can also see my self doing. The mini games, and sPvp, among other things.

Other then Planetside 2(for my FPS itch), this will be the game I will play for years.
Unless they really mess up something.

Posted by: Daksou.2451

Daksou.2451

Cliffy can you explain why these games are in development for almost a decade and release with no end-game content? Would love to know. They have all the time in the world to work on these things. But we all know by now, they already have the content made..they just release it in 3 months and call it “DLC” like COD does and force you to pay for it. But in 3 months time I can almost certainly guarantee more than %50 of the population on GW2 will die out. Quote me on that and I’ll send you 10 bucks paypal if it doesn’t happen. I already called it on TERA dying out…that game is beyond dead. I’m level 69, the only one out of my group of friends to get this high as most of them already quit. And none of us think alike as we all have very different opinions on the game and what we like and dislike. 7 out of 8 of us quit already. The last one plays solo and only plays because they have nothing better to do but will probably quit soon. I had 3 friends ask me what the game was like and if they should buy it, I told them don’t waste their money and stick to whatever game they play currently.

Not to be rude but can a developer please develop end game content after 8 years of development? Seriously..Stop with the pretty graphics and add real gameplay value.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I’ve gotten my money’s worth 3 times over and I’ve only just gotten level 41 :P

You can’t expect infinite content for finite cost :P

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Svenn.5209

Svenn.5209

My interest is waning as well. I have four characters, three of which are in their 40’s and the other is 15. I think the lack of motivation is stemming from a few different things:

1. I like crafting things and selling things. As we all know, currently the market isn’t much of an economy, with crafted gear selling for less than the cost of the materials to make them. That drives a stake between two things I’m fond of. Either I can sell the mats and make a profit, or I can craft with them and take a loss. People say the economy will straighten out over time. I hope they’re right, because I’m not so confident.

2. Skill woes. I’m not too fond of the way you can have every weapon skill for a character by level 5 (or sooner). I’m hoping that there’ll be more to work toward later.

By level 20, I’ve pretty much got every skill I’ll ever use. By level 35-40, I have the elite skills I want. One problem here is that half the skills of any class aren’t worth putting any points into. Am I going to put 15 skill points into my thief’s elite skill that gives me venom that turns one enemy to stone for one second and has a 45 second cooldown and a casting time? Dear god, I want to burst into laughter just thinking about it.

So they’ve driven a wedge between two of my favorite activities, and after level 35, character growth is limited almost entirely to traits and gear. So I pretty much lose motivation shortly after hitting level 40. I might start a warrior soon, since I’ve seen other people using them and they seem incredibly strong, but I’m not anticipating going through the same areas again (or coming up with a decent name for the character).

1) People aren’t going to pay much money for non-max level stuff. Leveling is VERY fast and easy in this game, so people just aren’t inclined to spend much money on crafted stuff when they will out level it in a couple hours. I bet that some of the max level crafted items will sell for quite a bit.

2) There is plenty to work towards to improve your character. Traits make a huge difference. Unlocking new utility skills lets you try out a variety of builds. Unless you’ve got max level exotics there is better gear out there to get.

Outside of just pure character improvement you’ve got the personal story to complete, achievements to earn, map completion, and more. There really is no lack of things to do.

Svenn Ethir – Seeds of War – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Sky.9347

Sky.9347

Cliffy can you explain why these games are in development for almost a decade and release with no end-game content? Would love to know. They have all the time in the world to work on these things. But we all know by now, they already have the content made..they just release it in 3 months and call it “DLC” like COD does and force you to pay for it. But in 3 months time I can almost certainly guarantee more than %50 of the population on GW2 will die out. Quote me on that and I’ll send you 10 bucks paypal if it doesn’t happen. I already called it on TERA dying out…that game is beyond dead. I’m level 69, the only one out of my group of friends to get this high as most of them already quit. And none of us think alike as we all have very different opinions on the game and what we like and dislike. 7 out of 8 of us quit already. The last one plays solo and only plays because they have nothing better to do but will probably quit soon. I had 3 friends ask me what the game was like and if they should buy it, I told them don’t waste their money and stick to whatever game they play currently.

Not to be rude but can a developer please develop end game content after 8 years of development? Seriously..Stop with the pretty graphics and add real gameplay value.

I could explain it to you, but you wouldn’t care and might not understand.

So what I will say is: quit armchair developing and go get the education/credentials you need to start your own development team. Prove that your priority system for development would be more successful than EVERY OTHER priority system used for development.

Sky – [tSA] – Stormbluff Isle
November 15, 2012 – The day a dream died.

Posted by: RJMazz.6798

RJMazz.6798

1 – This game isn’t about endgame. If you didn’t enjoy the game ever since lv 1, that’s your own fault.

2 – You expect a game to come out with lots of “endgame”? Really? WoW Vanilla rings a bell?

Posted by: Cliffy.5197

Cliffy.5197

Name one game that came out with a large amount of end game pve content in the first 6 months. That was my point and why I’m saying it happens over and over and over again with each new game’s release. It’s simple business economics….they dump so much money into the development of a game but have to eventually get return on their investment so it gets released as more stuff is being developed. These companies do not have an endless supply of cash and need the retail sales to bolster more development at some point. Of course, they have expansions in development but that doesnt mean it’s completed. People constantly compare games that have been released and they have played for years to a newly released game thinking it can match up on content and it never will….

If they keep 50% of the initial population then that is a success because most gamers nowadays jump from game to game with short attention spans anyway. I didnt play GW1 but I came in fully knowing that the end game focus would be WvW moreso than anything else and not end game PVE content. I have a social life and a job so I know it will take me a while to hit end game as it will for many average gamers. This mentality of leveling as quickly to end game only to find out there isnt a ton of things to do is common with every single game that is released nowadays…you think people would learn by now or research a game more before dumping in money they will only complain about.