Help Please

Help Please

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Rocant.9536

Rocant.9536

So i purchased the game a few months back, played for 2 days and got bored with it. I came back today to see if I can give it an Honest try and I am stuck. I purchased items to allow me to farm (due to a friend of mine telling me it is a very smart move to make to help leveling) but that drained all the money I had. I figured “Hey it’s 10s maybe someone on my server will be willing to help out”…. Big mistake. Instead after about 20 minutes of my asking if anyone would help me I get flamed, thus making me decide to troll them which got me no where other then a few laughs. But either way, I am wondering is the game dead or dying or something? Seems like a very small group of people even playing, and they are all “too pro to be bothered with someone trying to find a way to enjoy the game”. I spent roughly 2 hours before I had to go to work trying to farm the money to afford my training and still didnt even come close to it. This game cannot be that broken that making a mistake with buying farming items (one of each even, didnt go overboard and only ones that were level specific) will set you back this far. I am not close to level 13 from the farming I did and i was only 1/2 way through level 10 when I started. HELP PLEASE. I really don’t want to regret paying for this game and from what my friend was telling me is that it has a LOT of potential as a game…. I am just failing to see it right now due to restraints. Thanks in advance for any / all advice offered.

Help Please

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Seems like a very small group of people even playing, and they are all “too pro to be bothered with someone trying to find a way to enjoy the game”.

People don’t like beggars. It’s the same in every mmo. I guarantee the tone would have been different if you asked the best way to earn 10s rather than asking for the 10s.

Do hearts, events and gather materials to sell. You will have 10s before you need it at 11. You really don’t need to be buying gear off the tp that early either.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Help Please

Rocant.9536

I understand people do not like beggars and I asked one time, was not spamming. Plus I did hearts and DE’s and am still 3s short of training…and that is with gaining 2.5 levels in the process. Just seems broken that one mistake can set you back this far with progressing.

Edited to add: And with how dead my server seems….I don’t think posting on AH will help me get money faster. Pretty sure with the crickets I heard there this morning that if I did post stuff it would be a day or 2 before I saw a return on it. Is there a way (with out paying for it) to xfer to another server that might be higher populated?

(edited by Rocant.9536)

Help Please

Posted by: Overlord Falcor.6014

Overlord Falcor.6014

What “farming” gear could you possibly need to buy at level 10? I mean seriously, what in the world are you farming? I purchased my first piece of gear at lvl 80. Everything else was from karma venders or loot.

And like the guy above me said. People don’t like beggars. I HATE them. Money is not hard to come by in this game so just stop being lazy and go do something for it. There are so many things to do and see in this game, idk why people have such a hard time enjoying it.

Help Please

Awesome.6120

You are progressing, you gained 2.5 levels while grinding money for something you need. Are you selling materials you gather on the TP? Are you looking at what low lvl blue items will sell for on the tp? Some lvl 10 equipment alone sells for silver. Are you salvaging the white chain items that vendor for 5-10 copper? Because that’s guaranteed copper ore at 20cp per.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Help Please

Awesome.6120

Edited to add: And with how dead my server seems….I don’t think posting on AH will help me get money faster. Pretty sure with the crickets I heard there this morning that if I did post stuff it would be a day or 2 before I saw a return on it. Is there a way (with out paying for it) to xfer to another server that might be higher populated?

The trading post is game wide, not server specific. Everyone will see what you have to sell.

And yes you can switch servers for free still.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Help Please

Rocant.9536

Wow, had no idea how many “people don’t like beggars” replies I would get from this. Talking about a “helpful community”. As far the the Trading Post being game wide I had no idea on this so that is VERY helpful and I appreciate it. Also the “farming gear” i spoke of was the stuff you need to farm (pick/axe/ect). Yes I gained levels but it seems counter productive to be trying to kill level 15’s (only hearts I have left are in 15+ areas) as a level 11-13 with no Trait abilities. So all in all, Thank you Awesome.6120 for actually giving me advice that was helpful. Also your comment about vendering items…yes I was vendering them instead of salvaging them so I will also try this to see if I can make the money faster because at the rate I was going I was leveling not getting the coin I needed.

Help Please

Awesome.6120

You can also go to the other starting zones if you find yourself short on levels to complete hearts in an area. Don’t forget your personal story gives exp as well. Also at lvl 13 your lack of trait points is only a minor deal. I promise that you will be able to grind out your 10s without kittening yourself.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Help Please

Overlord Falcor.6014

I always help people with stuff when they ask in LA but I’m not going to throw money at them. Need help with a boss? I’m down. Help on a hard dungeon path? I’m your man. There is a difference between being a helpful community and catering to beggars.

As for hearts, you can’t just go from one heart to the next and expect to be leveled enough to leave the zone. You need to do hearts, events, and kill other creatures/animals. (Animals give large exp bonus).

Help Please

Rocant.9536

Not to continue my noob question trend, but how do you go to other starting areas? I feel if I were to do that I would not be “stuck” as I feel I am right now. Also, my personal story is as far as I can complete it right now. The last one I did was recommended for level 15 and I solo’d it with lots of kiting for about 30 mins haha. I really enjoyed the personal story side but I believe the next one for me is like level 20 recommended and with how tedious the last one was at low level I don’t think it will be worth trying just yet.

Help Please

Awesome.6120

Somewhere inside your race’s home city will be a purple swirly portal that takes you to Lion’s Arch. From LA you can hop to any of the other home cities. The starting area will be right outside the city.

edit: alternatively you can just open the pvp menu and go to the mists and then run through the purple swirly portal that’s right in front of you to get to LA. Might be easier if you’ve never run through your home city before.

[SFD] – Maguuma

(edited by Awesome.6120)

Help Please

Overlord Falcor.6014

You can go to your main city (Hoelbrak, Black Citadel, The Grove, Rata Sum, Divinity Reach) and take the asura fast travel gates to Lions Arch (main game hub) and take the asura gates there to the other cities and hit the start zones from there.

Help Please

Rocant.9536

Overlord apparently you and the rest of the community have a different definition of “beggars”. I asked ONE TIME, 1, Uno, Ich….don’t know how to say it in more languages. If I spent an hour spamming “Some one give me x money” then I can understand you all flaming me as a beggar, but I asked one time. So please, if you are going to continue to call me a beggar then I will start to report your posts. I did not know how to make money effectively (now I do thanks to Awesome.6120) and was getting frustrated. That is all. Was not in any way begging for money. And in other MMO’s I played I would on a fairly regular basis help a noob player that needed money. Never much, but I do not see 10s being much if you say money is so easy to make in the game. So please, tempt me by calling me a beggar one more time. I will gladly flag your post.

Help Please

Posted by: Draco Aurum.7520

Draco Aurum.7520

There’s no need to pay 10 silver buying the training manual from the vendor, you can buy it at the trading post for around 4 silver.

Help Please

Rocant.9536

Are you kidding me??? Wow, now I feel even more foolish. Thanks Draco Aurum! I will be able to actually train when I get home from work now haha.

Help Please

Posted by: Draco Aurum.7520

Draco Aurum.7520

I had an extra one in my inventory, just mailed it you.

Help Please

Rocant.9536

I asked one time, and 20 mins later (after I already started farming mobs for money) I got flammed. I might have used better wording on this but I asked one time as I stated in 2 posts already.

Help Please

Rocant.9536

Also, reported your post.

Help Please

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Here’s an idea, do the hearts, find the POI’s/waypoints/vistas, progress in the main story line. You know, that thing that everyone who isn’t kitten does? Seriously who starts off a game by grinding? Please go back to WoW. If you need help in the starter area, you deserve every flame you get. Jesus Christ you’re an idiot.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Help Please

Overlord Falcor.6014

Also, reported your post.

Reported for calling you what you were? 20 min of asking is excessive to say the least. You only added that “asked one time” once we called you out on being a beggar. Flag away. Just calling it as I see it.

Help Please

Rocant.9536

…so 1st off, I haven’t played wow for 2 years now. 2nd off, you are probably the biggest POS i have ever had the pleasure of reading a post of. If you read my post you would know I do not need help with leveling at all, quite the opposite I felt like I was leveling faster then I could get money to help my character trained. This is insane, you all read a code of conduct that states to not be trolls and yet I see all of you trolls come to light. Guess all the broke trolls that couldn’t afford to pay their subscriptions came to this game. I thought this game had promise but now I am seeing that it is just another troll fest of people that think they are better then everyone. GG to failing at life.

Help Please

Rocant.9536

Overload Fail Cor – READ MY REPLY, as I stated I could have worded my initial post better, I posted one time asking…20 minutes after I did this I got flammed. Wow, ignorance must be your only excuse.

Help Please

Overlord Falcor.6014

…so 1st off, I haven’t played wow for 2 years now. 2nd off, you are probably the biggest POS i have ever had the pleasure of reading a post of. If you read my post you would know I do not need help with leveling at all, quite the opposite I felt like I was leveling faster then I could get money to help my character trained. This is insane, you all read a code of conduct that states to not be trolls and yet I see all of you trolls come to light. Guess all the broke trolls that couldn’t afford to pay their subscriptions came to this game. I thought this game had promise but now I am seeing that it is just another troll fest of people that think they are better then everyone. GG to failing at life.

You complain about trolls here…but in you’re OP you were trolling for a couple laughs. GTFO outta here dude. You’re unbelievable.

Help Please

Overlord Falcor.6014

Overload Fail Cor – READ MY REPLY, as I stated I could have worded my initial post better, I posted one time asking…20 minutes after I did this I got flammed. Wow, ignorance must be your only excuse.

Oh clever name! I read your post awhile ago. What you shoulda done is he your story straight when you started.

Help Please

Posted by: kistell.5684

kistell.5684

Wow Rocant sorry but people here were genuinely trying to help you,
I was actually going to reply to your post with some advice but seeing how your talk to people it does not surprise me you did not get a good response in game,
Asking for free money and then trolling people wont actually win you any awards.

Honestly your attitude beggars belief,
May be if you were a little more tolerant people would treat you better.

Help Please

Overlord Falcor.6014

I was actually going to reply to your post with some advice but seeing how your talk to people it does not surprise me you did not get a good response in game,
Asking for free money and then trolling people wont actually win you any awards.

THANK YOU! Lemme guess, you’re gunna flag this guy too.

Help Please

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

As harsh as it sounds, pretty much this. He was giving you advice and willing to move on from it- you have to learn to let things go. You won’t make it very far on the internet, otherwise.

Also, even if you’re in the right, the way you’re acting doesn’t make you seem like it. Just a general thing to keep in mind.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

(edited by Falunel.7645)

Help Please

Rocant.9536

Kistell I trolled people trolling me, not trolling people for not giving me the money. Also this topic is pretty much a null topic now since the advice I need I received and now it’s just people flexing their kitten at me.

Help Please

Overlord Falcor.6014

I was giving you plenty good advice as I was calling you out. I don’t care if you go back to Pay to Play games. I’ve played many of them and still have some active account, but I’m finding GW2 more enjoyable at the moment. You won’t be missed I’m sure.

Help Please

Rocant.9536

You were calling me out on what? Asking in map one time? You really need to work on your reading comprehension. I took blame already for wording the initial post wrong, but you are quite obviously just trolling now. Please grow up, and get a life.

Help Please

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Rocant take a deep breath, plenty of us out here willing to help you, and stop feeding all these trolls, we just sprayed for them and if you feed them they keep coming back xD. Anywho, had I seen you ask in chat for money I would have responded that no one is going to give you free money as well, however, myself and most of the rest of us would have also offered tips and advice on how to score some quick money and also point out as a few I saw mentioned, that you don’t need that trait book right away, at lower levels it makes miniscule difference. More than anything you need proper gear and to learn your class skills so you can be effective in fights that might even be a tad over your level. Getting in good with someone who crafts gear is an ideal way to go, especially if you’re already out there gathering, you can provide the materials for it. Selling on the TP, as some mentioned, is a slow return if you want to make actual profits however certain things like specific gathered materials sell really well. Just don’t let the other trolls bring you down to their level, it tends to deter people from wanting to help you.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Help Please

Rocant.9536

Thanks Nay of the Ether, probably should have ignored their posts long ago. I will take what you said to heart and not give up on the game. I did have one person whisper me saying to do hearts to get money, and I was doing that but it just seemed way too slow seeing as I gained 2.5 levels with only gaining 5s. I will make sure to just ignore trolls from now on. Thank you again for proving not everyone on this forum is looking to grief a player!

Help Please

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

One last tip: the hearts are all well and good, but don’t rely on them, the bread and butter of the game is the dynamic events, they spit out more exp, money, karma, and fun. The hearts are kind of like markers in the world to get you in the general area you might find DE’s in (and sometimes the heart events chain off into a DE, so whether doing a heart or DE, stick around for a min or two and make sure they don’t have more coming). Once you near max level zones (I refrain from that nasty word “endgame” lol) there are no more hearts and you have to find the DE’s on your own, but by then you should be weaned off hearts anyway and know how to find them (plus the DE’s get more frequent and most are pretty easy to run into)

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…