Help crafting my first Asc armor set

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Walker.7204

Walker.7204

I’m recently back and really enjoying the game again, and before PoF gets here, I’d really like to craft a set of ascended gear. I have all crafts to 500 and have a character for each class.

In the past, I crafted an ascended GS and Staff (berserker mode, but forget exact title), and really enjoyed being able to transfer them between characters for whichever I was concentrating on atm.

Now, I’d like to give crafting an asc armor set a go, but its been awhile, and I’m not sure if things have changed at all, or what set I should go for.

I think I’d like to start with a light armor set, since I really enjoy my mes, necro, and Ele.
However, I’m not really sure which set would be best for a basically all-porpose, PVE, Surviveability type mode.

In the past, I followed dulfy’s guide for crafting asc weapons, but not sure if its still accurate.

I would love some tips on what set to go for, if there’s any items that I’m better off just buying than crafting, and generally anything helpful to keep me from making any big mistakes.

Thanks

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

In before the people who will tell you that you should not craft but get 100 ascended chests per week by doing easy T4 fractals and raids.

Now, what you want to craft really depends on what you want to play. Which class? Power or condition? PvE, PvP or WvW?

Are you willing to grind HoT for the materials? Without this information, you cannot make a choice.

Mesmer, Necro and Elementalist have different purposes, if you want one set for all of them, legendary is the way to go

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I use gw2efficiency.com for crafting big ticket items like ascended and legendary. Once you set it up with your API key it will show you what you have already, what you need and so forth. It will show current cost to craft based on what you need to buy. As you complete certain steps it will keep track of your progress.

The Burninator

Posted by: Walker.7204

Walker.7204

While I was hoping for some general all purpose option, it almost seems like I should just avoid ascended armor and just pick up the best exotic for each class that is best for whatever playstyle I’m going for.

Btw…thx for the Gw2eff tip…. I’m registered for that, but I always forget to use it, and it can do so many things.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This is an invaluable resource for setting up one’s first ascended set:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Tanetris/So_You_Want_To_Gear_a_Character

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: akenoyuki.8210

akenoyuki.8210

While I was hoping for some general all purpose option, it almost seems like I should just avoid ascended armor and just pick up the best exotic for each class that is best for whatever playstyle I’m going for.

Btw…thx for the Gw2eff tip…. I’m registered for that, but I always forget to use it, and it can do so many things.

No no no, you should not avoid ascended armor…
You will need it sooner or later, pick a main class and a main build for that class
And go for the specific ascended armor stat
Don’t worry if you want to change the stats, you can do so by changing the stat on mystic forge (You will lose the rune on that armor)

And.. “all purpose, PVE, Surviveability type mode”
Most of the PVE content is easy enough that you can go full glass cannon and still survive.
But… if you really want to survive while doing enough damage for PVE, I think something with toughness and vitality plus damage stat will be good

One example is Dire Stat (Toughness, Vitality, Condition Damage)
Or the more expensive is Trailblazer ( Toughness , Condition Damage, Vitality, Expertise)

- Guild Wars 2 Helper Android App -
* Event Timer (including HoT Meta), Daily, WvW, Pact Supply, Account. Trading Post, etc:
* Google Playstore Link

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Whether you want ascended armor is up to you for most content. Just be aware that for higher tier fractals you need ascended armor for their agony infusion slots.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

And it’s only the first ascended armor set that’s hard to get. When you have it, it opens the gates to ascended armor chests and gold.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia