Help deciding easy main for HOT+ content

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Falados.7165

Falados.7165

Struggling to find right class for me to take to HOT content yet far behind and has not done living story 2>3 have but classes i have atm is kittenco/rev/ranger/guardian but dunno which will help me get into this game better and smooth progression (easier gameplay) (want something that doesn’t require fast pase dps due to carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you want a profession that does good damage, with high durability, and low amounts of micromanagement… I’d go with a condi-based necro. You can minion master in the open world and use LFG to find at least 1-2 people for the stories (don’t need a full party, just enough so the burden isn’t 100% on you).

Of your other profs, I’d recommend ranger next (if you learn to control aggro with your pet), rev next, and guardian last of the ones you mentioned. Although really, any of the above will satisfy your requirements.

That said, I think your playstyle matters much more than my recommendations. Find a class that seems fun for you and then get advice on how to get more out of it, without aggravating your CTS.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

Valkyrie reaper is very enjoyable as well. You end up with tons of hp+larger life force pool. Best thing is that in shroud you can still do high crits with AA if you take spite/soul reaping/reaper traitlines and deathly perception from soul reaping

Posted by: Haziq.3907

Haziq.3907

I agree with valkyrie reaper. I use a mix of berserker and valkyrie and have 26k hp and 20k shroud hp. Im not a good player but have found battling through HoT maps extremely easy with a reaper. The traits can easily push up your crit to 100% and with shroud’s inherent 50% direct damage reduction, you can auto attack groups of enemies to death.

Posted by: SunTzu.4513

SunTzu.4513

I play a Condiminionmaster necro as main and i’m nearly unkillable. I played every story part of HoT and LS 2+3 solo with him. Soloing HP in the jungle is also easy going. Farming too, with the staffskills it’s easy to tag large Groups of mobs, and you can gather mats while your private minion army protects you against enemys.

The playstyle is pretty easy, get out your aoefields, wield around with your scepter ( using autoattack or 2 and 5) for bleedingstacks and watch the mobs dying in agony and pain brougth by your condistacks and minions.

I use complete vipergear and can facetank everything. If life drops sometimes then u can use your Shroud as second healthbar while your minions fill up your life again.

Posted by: Falados.7165

Falados.7165

I play a Condiminionmaster necro as main and i’m nearly unkillable. I played every story part of HoT and LS 2+3 solo with him. Soloing HP in the jungle is also easy going. Farming too, with the staffskills it’s easy to tag large Groups of mobs, and you can gather mats while your private minion army protects you against enemys.

The playstyle is pretty easy, get out your aoefields, wield around with your scepter ( using autoattack or 2 and 5) for bleedingstacks and watch the mobs dying in agony and pain brougth by your condistacks and minions.

I use complete vipergear and can facetank everything. If life drops sometimes then u can use your Shroud as second healthbar while your minions fill up your life again.

Can you link me the build please and also runes/sigil/gear setup ??

(edited by Falados.7165)

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

Anytning condi with high toughness and health works if you want to play it a bit safe. Like condi neco. Just like a guardian with a bit of extra toughness and health, sacrificing power, would work.