Help me decide for a class, you who might have played more than me

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: wakko.5248

wakko.5248

So, I have a rough time deciding on what class I actually want to play. None of the classes have really stuck on me, I have played a thief to lvl 80 but thats about it. I generally like sneaky characters like assassins/rogues but the thief doesnt really feel like one. I dont know it just didnt really stuck.

What I played in other games that I really enjoyed was

In Warhammer Online I ended up with a Choppa, slashy slashy. I also enjoyed playing support classes like the shaman, zealot and also the witch hunter.

In WoW, I played a rogue, resto/balance druid and a enhancement shaman/elemental shaman. I think that is the class I miss the most, the shaman. Simply because you could play him at both range caster/melee, he had heavy armor and could take some punishment and be very supportive.

I think the Guardian is mostly like that, but I’ve read that you dont really have that many range attacks. I have thought about the ele but he is just so very squishy.

And in Gw1 I enjoyed the ritualist with all the spirits

Any suggestions? I really want to love this game but the classes for me are just so… weird

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

If you liked the ritualist, you might enjoy engineer. Adjusting the skills also gives you a lot of different gaming experiences, too. But be wary, it is a rather stressfull class to play at times and also rather squishy.

Posted by: wakko.5248

wakko.5248

I dont really like the look of the engineer… But maybe I’ll give it a go. But is there no luck on a shaman-ish class gamestyle?

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I’m playing a hammer warrior heavily traited for banners at the moment, and it’s turning out to be a great melee plus support role.
Banner of Tactics, Banner of Defense and Battle Standard with the Powerful Banners, Inspiring Banners and Inspiring Battle Standard traits allows for great defensive buffs and heals with a nice bit of regeneration.
Battle Standard also has mass resurrection capability, although it still seems a bit hit-&-miss broken at the moment.
It is noticeable how beneficial my banners are to the team when doing WvWvW or dungeons.
Oh, and you also get to play the hilarious “Spot the idiot” game as random players accidentally grab your banners in combat and can’t figure out how to drop them.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Well there is always a Mesmer.
Mesmers are very sneaky in that a lot of their damage is indirect, through conditions. They can be ranged or melee range depending on their weapon set.
They can also be very supportive especially if paired with a heavier damage class.
And finally their clones and phantasms are sort of like spirits.

But they are squishy and it is a bit of a love/hate class.
Give it a go and see if you like it.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I dont really like the look of the engineer… But maybe I’ll give it a go. But is there no luck on a shaman-ish class gamestyle?

says the guy who enjoyed a towel wrapped over his eyes.. just kidding

Posted by: irish.6170

irish.6170

i like my guardian and if you enjoyed a support role then you could use the staff and they have a lot of shouts

Posted by: BCDragon.5614

BCDragon.5614

So, I have a rough time deciding on what class I actually want to play. None of the classes have really stuck on me, I have played a thief to lvl 80 but thats about it. I generally like sneaky characters like assassins/rogues but the thief doesnt really feel like one. I dont know it just didnt really stuck.

What I played in other games that I really enjoyed was

In Warhammer Online I ended up with a Choppa, slashy slashy. I also enjoyed playing support classes like the shaman, zealot and also the witch hunter.

In WoW, I played a rogue, resto/balance druid and a enhancement shaman/elemental shaman. I think that is the class I miss the most, the shaman. Simply because you could play him at both range caster/melee, he had heavy armor and could take some punishment and be very supportive.

I think the Guardian is mostly like that, but I’ve read that you dont really have that many range attacks. I have thought about the ele but he is just so very squishy.

And in Gw1 I enjoyed the ritualist with all the spirits

Any suggestions? I really want to love this game but the classes for me are just so… weird

How are they weird? They are the same ones minus the ritualist and they added guardian and engineer?

Edit: Oh and thief lol