Help me get back into guild wars

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Forgiven.3769

Forgiven.3769

I have been gone for over a year. I had 5 level 80 characters maybe more. I want to come back and start playing again in preperation for the expansion pack. I’d love a run down of what I have missed and maybe a good direction of where I should start to get back into things. I was fairly competitive and did a lot of fractal runs and had a precursor weapon before I moved and never got back into playing.

Tldr: Help me get back into guild wars!

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Well…There are loads of QoL changes and special features. It would be difficult to go through the whole list (at least for me). What exactly do you think you need help with? What do you like to do?

NSPride <3

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Forgiven.3769

Well…There are loads of QoL changes and special features. It would be difficult to go through the whole list (at least for me). What exactly do you think you need help with? What do you like to do?

Forgiven.3769

Well I had one of every class. I stopped playing at the pirates event. Are there any new maps or new gear that I need to get. I remember they had ascended jewelry if I remember correctly.

Has their mean any new skills or new maps?

If i jumped on today what would you recommend me do?

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Well I had one of every class. I stopped playing at the pirates event. Are there any new maps or new gear that I need to get. I remember they had ascended jewelry if I remember correctly.

Vol posted a good link. But to answer your questions directly:

1) Yes, there are a couple new maps. Drytop and SilverWastes to name two. They have a deeper “special currency” tied to them and special weapons and armor you can only get by completing events in them. WvW and sPvP also have a new map or two.

2) Ascended armor and weapons are now available. I recommend you take a long look at skin galleries to find any new looks that really appeal to you. Keep in mind, however, that the stat boost provided by ascended gear isn’t much greater than exotic. Only go for them if that is a goal you wish to set for yourself, because they are a pricy investment.

NSPride <3

Forgiven.3769

Vol posted a good link. But to answer your questions directly:

1) Yes, there are a couple new maps. Drytop and SilverWastes to name two. They have a deeper “special currency” tied to them and special weapons and armor you can only get by completing events in them. WvW and sPvP also have a new map or two.

2) Ascended armor and weapons are now available. I recommend you take a long look at skin galleries to find any new looks that really appeal to you. Keep in mind, however, that the stat boost provided by ascended gear isn’t much greater than exotic. Only go for them if that is a goal you wish to set for yourself, because they are a pricy investment.

Forgiven.3769

Yes I read through his link it was still a little tough to find what you just said. So there is ascended gear now. Yeah I will likely be going after that since I’m sure it’s something people will look for in doing difficult content.

I appreciate the help I am trying the best I can not to jump back in like I did 6 months ago and just be like “what the hell do I do”.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

1. There was a story expansion with 10-12 hours of content. (basically, 2 or 3 story missions per episode)

If you want to do that, the last episode is free and you already have it, but the other episodes are 200 gems. Doing these episodes unlocks the Luminesecnt armor skin scavenger hunt collection and the ability to craft the mawdrey back piece (Acended backpiece with selectable stats). If you care about either.

2. There was a big WvW update that now allows you to earn WvW experience. There’s also a new map, Edge of the Mists, that is a great place to level and farm gold with minor Pvp in it.

3. The whole SPvp reward system is changed. Now, you select a reward track and earn the rewards from it when you play. If you had Pvp items, you can use the skins in PvE or Pvp now. If you had unspent glory, that is gone.

4. If you had outfits before, high tail it to the Black Lion Armorer (there is one near the bank in divintiy’s reach. Even if you didn’t have outfits, you can talk to him with you old characters and get some own clothes tonics.

5. You can get really cheap 20-slot bags by trading candy corn to Sonder the Seller in Lions Arch, Even if you buy off the TP, you save like 5g off the normal price.

6. If you had Minipets, you can take them out of your bank and account bind them and they will be available to all of your characters.

7. Your old characters don’t have to deal with the really annoying trait unlock system, which will be removed at some point in the near future. Don’t delete them unless you like to grind a lot..

8. There are two hard open world raids now, Tequatl and the Evolved Jungle Wurm. They are on a schedule, along with the rest of the world bosses.

9. Dry Top and the Silverwastes are the new maps. Open chests in the Silverwastes to quickly get the ascended materials you will need for your ascended gear (this is the best method).

10. The fractals of the mists dungeon got more instances. Fractals of the mists is the best way to get ascended Rings, and, if you are lucky, you can also get Acended weapons or armor there (which could save you a lot of gold).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)