Help me help others with personal story

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Maniak.7069

Maniak.7069

When I group up with somebody, especially when helping them with personal story, is there a way I can see their next destination? Like the green symbol on the map and a description of where to go for the next instance.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Unless you’re also on that same Personal Story step, no, you won’t see the green symbol. The other person need to tell you where to go.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This would be a really helpful feature for Anet to add.

Unless they do add it however I think the best you can do is ask them, or if they’re not sure use the Wiki to see what they need to do next.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The only thing like that right now is if you watch the PS UI as your companion is finishing an instance, you’ll briefly see his/her next step named there. If you either have memorized the PS steps or can quickly /wiki the step, then you will know generally where to go and can tell them “no no no, the armory is THAT way” … I’ve been taking a friend through his first ever PS run and have had to “no no no” him several times from following the green trail and get him to just head to the right map.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Don’t forget that the one with the story step can ping the map/waypoints/poi’s to help guide the helper.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Don’t forget that the one with the story step can ping the map/waypoints/poi’s to help guide the helper.

Or place a personal waypoint on the map. You can see the personal waypoints of party members.

Have a friend who occasionally plays that always manages to put a personal waypoint down accidentally.

Posted by: Faaris.8013

Faaris.8013

Or place a personal waypoint on the map. You can see the personal waypoints of party members.

Have a friend who occasionally plays that always manages to put a personal waypoint down accidentally.

For those who don’t know (and according to my experience in fractals that’s a lot of people), tagging your personal waypoint works by

alt + left click on the map

Others can see your waypoint. Would show up just like the green story marker.

Herleve – Ruins of Surmia