Help me i can't decide what to do.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: come and get some.7235

come and get some.7235

Hello everyone,
so i’m kinda new in guild wars 2 , i start to play as free to play players , but when i play it i buy HOT coz i love the game, and i start with warrior , but when i play him like 300 hours i see it’s kinda boring.so i wanna ask advice , what class i should play that have much more options to play ( in PvE )., i wanna try enginner or mesmer coz they seems have much more things, seems they can go for condition dmg and pure dmg., and since i never saw that thing like enginner in some mmrpg games so i really want try it , but i hate hammer on enginner , so i still in HOT can use like rifle or pistol and be still good ?
try help me , decide what class should i go.( p.s i dont need OP classes im thinking about enginner,mesmer or necro since i almost play only PvE).

Thanks for attention

New at Guild Wars 2 : Heart Of Thorns , please be nice to me :)

Posted by: Arianhod.3485

Arianhod.3485

You will still be able to use the other weapons on engi, yes I guess rifle is the more viable of the 3 (not counting hammer, don’t have an opinion on that yet) in pve.

As you’ve bought the game, you have more character slots so I suggest creating an engi, a mesmer and a necro, and try them out. Only you can decide what’s fun to play for yourself.

I won’t enter in the whole “meta classes” debate (e.g. necro is not wanted in dungeons etc…), because we’re just 2 days away from HoT and… yeah, just not going there :P

It’s a-me, Aria!

Posted by: Yubria.5671

Yubria.5671

The elite specializations in HoT are completely optional. Given the extra effort we’ll need to unlock them and the complaints I’ve heard about some of the elite specs, I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people just stuck with their base class.

I’d also recommend making several characters so you can try different classes until you find something you like. I made several characters within the first few weeks of getting the game (mesmer, necromancer, warrior, guardian, maybe thief) and fooled around on them all for a while until my interest settled on the necro, and I’ve been maining him since.

Posted by: Jordan.1960

Jordan.1960

I am incredibly biased with my engineer because I like explosions and playing the condition damage game. Engineer is viable for Power or Condition damage and brings a lot of utility to a party that will only be expanded come HoT. That being said, if you don’t like continually swapping in and out of Kits, then engineer is not for you.