Help pick a main?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

hey,im in trouble cant pick a main
i want a fun and most importantly versatile class
i want a class i can spend 90 percent of my play time on
i want to have more than one build i can use in each game mode
the engineer seemed very cool at first but the good builds are using way too many kits for my liking
the tempest is very fun but its versatility is fake as there are very few good builds out of the huge apperent possibility
any suggestions?

Help pick a main?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might consider posting in the ‘Players Helping Players’ sub-forum.

Good luck.

Help pick a main?

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

TL;DR on this is: it depends way too much on you for anyone else to tell you what to play.

I can tell you that every class in GW2 is absolutely, positively capable of completing all content in the game, including getting into the highest tiers of PvP, completing raids, fractal 100, etc.

It sounds like you are focusing more on the “meta” builds, which are the “theoretically optimal” builds — which means approximately nothing compared to player skill for almost all the content.

It is only if you are fighting for the #1 place in PvP, or trying to do a five-person raid clear in record time, that you have to play one of those. In most cases, too, switching to the “meta” build from something you know well will reduce your overall effectiveness.

In this game, as most others, player skill is much more significant than gear or build in getting things done.

So … play what you like.