Help with downed state

Help with downed state

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Fade to Shadow.4579

Fade to Shadow.4579

Hi i bought this game a few days ago and i’ve played it for a couple of hours and i have problem when enemies get me down. I’m level 6 and when i was level 2 i died instantly but now something is wrong. Somehow i killed a mob and still i was downed until I died completly. Is there a way to stay alive in this game? Sometimes im able to dodge but when i get downed its a matter of seconds until i die. It was better when you get killed istantly so you are able to teleport away but now i dont know what to do. Anyone can help me please? This is my first mmorpg i need to learn and at the moment this game seems a little hard for me. Thank you

Help with downed state

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

10/10 would read again

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Help with downed state

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Welcome to GW 2, where even with downed state you can still be defeated if your downed penalty reaches red.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Help with downed state

Fade to Shadow.4579

What’s a red penality?

Help with downed state

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Upvoted.

/15chars

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Help with downed state

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Ok, just in case you are not making fun of the current mess – the downed skill #4 is there to get your health back up and then rally. Unfortunately now the skill #4 is locked until a certain level, I forget so yes, enjoy your painful slow death, better not use your other skills.

Edit: Doh … “Somehow i killed a mob”, but at this point I would not be surprised if rally is locked out entirely lol. Anyways, shame on me.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

(edited by Rouven.7409)

Help with downed state

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

10/10 would read again

QFT

Help with downed state

Fade to Shadow.4579

I’ll try thank you

Help with downed state

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

What’s a red penality?

when you die (after being downed) a colored skull appear to the bottom left corner of you health circle. It goers from grey→yellow→ red. Every minute of non combat or time without a downed period, it wears off.

You get less health per downed state the more (deeper color) of penalty you have. Red is usually almost no health for downed or very little (based on traits), like 5-10%. So red = You die period!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Downed_Penalty

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Help with downed state

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

I think you die when all your life runs out. I think

Help with downed state

Posted by: PrinceWarhero.4256

PrinceWarhero.4256

Hi i bought this game a few days…

If you are in Europe server add me. we can play together. :-)

Returning player looking for lots of adventure, join me and we can journey together in Tyria !!

Help with downed state

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Hi i bought this game a few days ago and i’ve played it for a couple of hours and i have problem when enemies get me down. I’m level 6 and when i was level 2 i died instantly but now something is wrong. Somehow i killed a mob and still i was downed until I died completly. Is there a way to stay alive in this game? Sometimes im able to dodge but when i get downed its a matter of seconds until i die. It was better when you get killed istantly so you are able to teleport away but now i dont know what to do. Anyone can help me please? This is my first mmorpg i need to learn and at the moment this game seems a little hard for me. Thank you

And yet an other troll post. This account is over a year old