Help with mesmer?

Help with mesmer?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: TheSteck.4231

TheSteck.4231

I started the game out playing a thief, got tired of it very quickly and made a mesmer and fell in love quickly. My question is what sort of builds should I be going for? Is there an ideal damage build/builds and ideal support build/builds? I keep playing around with all the different weapon sets but I can really decide what setup gives me the best synergy overall. Any advice from those with more mesmer experience than I?

Help with mesmer?

Posted by: Hedger.9261

Hedger.9261

i would suggest putting “ideal” or “best” builds out of your mind.

There are some traits that are better for different situations, but the game is really more about your skill sets. Find weapons and skills that you enjoy playing with, then take the traits that favor those skills.

Help with mesmer?

Posted by: grodder.5964

grodder.5964

Well playing up to level 48 Mesmer I can say you will want to try out the different weapons to find what suits you as there are so many builds. I finally settled and currently rolling with Staff/Scepter&Torch as Condition Build Mesmer. I love it for both PVE an PVP.

Help with mesmer?

Hedger.9261

@ grodder

lolz, i use just about the same thing. I swap a pistol for the Torch and laugh as i get jumped, make the other guy all but kill himself, then pop him with a stun to finish him as they try to run away.

Help with mesmer?

Posted by: Zellgadis.2170

Zellgadis.2170

I have personally been running greatsword and sword/pistol combo with traits to beef up my phantasms. I love it. My sword phantasm has only 8 second cooldown and does crazy dmg with fury and bleed effects.

Help with mesmer?

Hedger.9261

i like greatsword, but only when i have someone to tank for me. damage is ranged based and if the mob gets a chance to close the fight can turn into a bit of a bog.

Help with mesmer?

Posted by: grodder.5964

grodder.5964

@ Hedger
Do you use Signet of Domination? I use it as my stun but Confusion has to be one of the better Conditions. I can get up to 9 stacks of Confusion on player and his health drops to almost to nothing when tries to burst on me.

@ Zellgadis
Ive read lot of mesmers running with sword\pistol combo being good burst and the greatsword I wanted to like as it was funny seeing a caster running around with a huge sword but it wasn’t my playstyle.

Help with mesmer?

Posted by: Orry.1297

Orry.1297

I really enjoy running sword/sword with the traits that cause vulnerability on interrupt/shatter/daze, if I shatter 3 illusions with f3 and happen to interrupt then I can apply full 25 stacks of vulnerability and then I use the sword’s 2 skill to deal a lot of damage.