Hero points through WvW

Hero points through WvW

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: AZY.8352

AZY.8352

Hi all

I’m very new to WvW, in fact I played my first game today. I played because I wanted to try a different way to get hero points for a change and I read that you can get ‘proof of heroics’ coins from chests which you’re rewarded when you level up (your WvW level).

Unfortunately, this didn’t happen for me. I leveled up 5 times and got lots of chests but all the chests just contained the ‘badge of honor’ currency and I think some gold and random green/blue gear.

Am I doing something wrong? Do you only get the hero point chests when you’re above level 100 or something?

Any help much appreciated!!!

Hero points through WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Think your first 10 levels or so will contain buffs and badges and some silver. Not sure exactly when this stops, but i would guess around lvl 5-10.
Use the buffs you got and it goes faster

Hero points through WvW

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The first 5 levels contain less stuff because they require fewer xp. 1-4 only requires 1000 instead of 5000.

Hero points through WvW

AZY.8352

Okay, thanks, I’ll see when it changes…
Any suggestions on how I should spend my level up point things? Kinda like WvW masteries.

Hero points through WvW

Khisanth.2948

I spend those depending on what I do what the particular character. You’ll be able to max out everything eventually if you play WvW on a consistent basis.

3 bars in Flame Ram, max Siege Might, 4 bars in Supply Master, max Build Master, max Repair Master and Siege Bunker is what I would start with.

Hero points through WvW

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

What level are you?
For one you cannot get to level 100, only level 80.
For another unless you are level 80 then any xp you get is making you go up a level for your char and not for WvW levels.

Hero points through WvW

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

they are talking about WvW levels not character levels

Hero points through WvW

AZY.8352

You are correct. In the chest for my rank 6 reward, I got a chest of the mists, which contained 8 “proof of heroics”. How lucky was that!?

Hopefully you get a chest of the mists for every level you go up in WvW rank – if so then roll on EotM!

Now I’m just a bit confused about where all the EXP I’m getting (that doesn’t go to rank) is going (since I’m lv80). Is it going towards a mastery – if so, which?

Hero points through WvW

AZY.8352

3 bars in Flame Ram, max Siege Might, 4 bars in Supply Master, max Build Master, max Repair Master and Siege Bunker is what I would start with.

Thanks for your suggestion – is that the order you’d suggest I pick too (start with Flame Ram up to #3 then onto siege might etc?

Hero points through WvW

Posted by: skyhawk.5149

skyhawk.5149

Quick clarification for posting.
When we say level we mean your character level which goes up to level 80.
When we say rank we are referring to wvw “levels” Personally i got confused if you were asking about your level or rank at first :P.
You get between 6-9 proof of heroics everytime you rank up.
The exp unfortunately goes nowhere. It just goes poof and into thin air so it’s wasted unfortunately.

Retired Oceanic Commander of Eredon Terrace

Hero points through WvW

Khisanth.2948

Thanks for your suggestion – is that the order you’d suggest I pick too (start with Flame Ram up to #3 then onto siege might etc?

Yes but maybe move Siege Bunker up. Just depends on the situation on your server and how you feel about the siege attacks hitting you. That would depend on your build too. That also means you might want to leave points unallocated for a bit until you get a better feel for your needs. Unlike masteries the WvW abilities are set per character so you aren’t entirely stuck with one setup. Also there are occassion resets that lets you reallocate those abilities again.