Heroic Edition Upgrade?

Heroic Edition Upgrade?

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Asyntyche.4827

Asyntyche.4827

Q:

Is there any way for old boxed accounts (before Heroic edition was available as standard) to upgrade to the heroic edition?

Heroic Edition Upgrade?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

There is the Digital Deluxe Upgrade in the Gem Shop for 2000 gems.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27658908-Game-Versions-and-Digital-Items

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Heroic Edition Upgrade?

Asyntyche.4827

Yeah saw that one, but wondered if it was possible to just upgrade to the Heroic edition as I’m not interested in the other bits, mostly just the Legacy Armor and Exp boosters.

Spending 2000 gems for those doesn’t make much sense, was hoping my account would be upgraded to heroic through buying HoT, but no such luck.

Ah well. Guess I’ll just wait and see if the armor in the Gem store ever gets discounted.

Heroic Edition Upgrade?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I believe that the very basic game was removed a very long time ago game wise and everyone got heroic addition. I could be miss-remembering though.

Heroic Edition Upgrade?

Asyntyche.4827

Guess I must have missed out then! Got my boxed retail copy at Christmas 2012. Last game I ever bought retail.

Heroic Edition Upgrade?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Hmm, if you bought HoT and your account didn’t upgrade you might want to contact Support. Back at the first beta stress test those of us who had original style accounts and made beta alts got “reverted” to a non-beta account when the event was over, and since the original account system no longer existed we instead got the digital upgrade including the legacy armor. I think it partly depended on our original version; I had the CE so I got the full boost.

Anyway, it could be that once they delete the BWE2 characters from your account they’ll auto-upgrade you, but you might still want to check with Support to see if you’ve fallen through the cracks. I’m sure they’d prefer to swap you out of the old version if they can for their own administrative comfort.

Heroic Edition Upgrade?

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I bought the original game when it game out, later upgraded it to Deluxe. This was before the Heroic thingy existed.

Prepuchasing Hot did not change my base game in any way. I know those who won the beta lottery got their upgraded, so I guess I’ll just have to wait until after the last beat/release of HoT to find out, if I am lucky or not.

Heroic Edition Upgrade?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It used to be possible to upgrade to the Heroic Edition by buying 1,600 gems and using them to buy 1 of the sets of legacy armor (500 gems), 10 XP boosters (900 gems) and converting some of the remainder to gold to buy an 18 slot mithril box from the TP.

But the armor skins (which is the only bit most people actually wanted) were removed from the gem store some time ago, so unless they come back it’s not currently possible to do that.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Heroic Edition Upgrade?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think you mean it used to be possible to get all the same stuff, Danikat. None of that would change the under-the-hood account info that Support looks at.

Heroic Edition Upgrade?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think you mean it used to be possible to get all the same stuff, Danikat. None of that would change the under-the-hood account info that Support looks at.

That’s true. But no one except Support can see that.

There is absolutely no way for you, or any other player, to tell whether you have the normal or heroic edition of the game, except the fact that a player with the heroic edition got those items.

So if you buy them then your account is indistinguishable from a heroic edition account and for all practical intents and purposes you’ve purchased an upgrade.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”