Hit 80 a while ago, at a loss for what to do

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

Hit 80 on my Necromancer and Im now at a loss for what to do on it. I already have full CoF armor, and two exotic weapons (Coldsnap, and Final Rest.). I have nothing to work for anymore, especially since their are no legendaries that really suit a necromancer. I would run fractals but every group I get is just plain stupid, like no brains whatsoever. “WHAT DO U MEAN I CANT MELEE JELLYFISH?” Like god why.

Is there anything I could do thats fun? Or should I just make an alt? And if I do make an alt should I roll a ranger or a guardian? (Looking for fun here, I dont care if elitist groups will take me or not.)

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

1) I love making alts in this game. Interestingly enough, I’ve felt compelled to make a 2nd character of every character class that I’ve played so far. When I’m playing Character #1, I always find myself wondering about a completely opposite character build for that class. This results in Character #2, who tries to ignore many of my 1st character’s choices and takes everything that I couldn’t fit the first time.

2) Farming for Ascended is on your own terms. You can Fractal grind, but you seem as frustrated as I am on that subject. Yet there are the Guild Bounty missions, which drop tokens towards Ascended ear slot gear. Also whenever you complete the Daily and Monthly achievements, you get Laurells that can be turned into Ascended gear.

3) Beyond that, you just have to figure out what makes you happy in this game. I’ll happily admit that I get tired of this game from time to time. It has always been my impression that this game was designed towards a more casual style that support playing part-time. When I need a break from GW2, I play another F2P MMO (Planetside 2) that lets me satisfy different parts of my personality. Just be warned that the game economy’s inflation won’t stop while you’re taking a break. If you come back a few months later (like I did), don’t be surprised if many things have doubled in their BLTC prices.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

fun? thief

Then gank newbs at EB JP and watch them make threads on the forums

But seriously, if you like necro, stick with it. Go for different gear sets.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: GunshyGamer.2076

GunshyGamer.2076

Hit 80 on my Necromancer and Im now at a loss for what to do on it. I already have full CoF armor, and two exotic weapons (Coldsnap, and Final Rest.). I have nothing to work for anymore, especially since their are no legendaries that really suit a necromancer. I would run fractals but every group I get is just plain stupid, like no brains whatsoever. “WHAT DO U MEAN I CANT MELEE JELLYFISH?” Like god why.

Is there anything I could do thats fun? Or should I just make an alt? And if I do make an alt should I roll a ranger or a guardian? (Looking for fun here, I dont care if elitist groups will take me or not.)

Not sure if it’s just because I’ve only done fractal 1 so far or that I’m just a kitten tank… but um… I melee’d the jellyfish with no problem and minimal life loss. o.O

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Even though it’s aquatic, krait kin is perfectly suited to a necromancer (and to me, it’s the best looking of all the legendaries). I’m making one for my necro.

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

wvw is the endgame, outside of getting enough gold to buy the fancy gear you want. Dungeons can be cool, but they get really repetitive really quickly.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Not sure if it’s just because I’ve only done fractal 1 so far or that I’m just a kitten tank… but um… I melee’d the jellyfish with no problem and minimal life loss. o.O

Heh 1 is not a very good representation of that fight. You are also supposed to use the electrified cages for the fight but when we did it for the first time brute forcing through it wasn’t that bad either.

The problem with meleeing the boss is not because it’s dangerous to do so but greatly increases your chance of being eaten. When you get eaten it becomes immune to damage which makes the fight longer than it needs to be.

Posted by: Psyklone.7540

Psyklone.7540

I’m kinda in the same boat. I’m lvl 80, but for me the problem is not just what to do, but knowing that that thing even exists.
I mean a game without quests makes it really hard to know what to do next. Since levelling, for the most part, is done, now what?

I’ve heard of fractals and dungeons, but never seen anyone lfg (am I looking in the wrong place?).
I’ve read a few things that say I could grind for gear, but none of them say if its worth it or what I’d use this better gear for.
So yea. I end up just doing dailies and exploring.

I’m also sitting at 1g and not sure how to grind more (effectively). Is getting 20s out of the trading post really THAT big a deal (not that I’ve ever managed to do that)?

Khisanth.2948

I’m kinda in the same boat. I’m lvl 80, but for me the problem is not just what to do, but knowing that that thing even exists.
I mean a game without quests makes it really hard to know what to do next. Since levelling, for the most part, is done, now what?

I’ve heard of fractals and dungeons, but never seen anyone lfg (am I looking in the wrong place?).
I’ve read a few things that say I could grind for gear, but none of them say if its worth it or what I’d use this better gear for.
So yea. I end up just doing dailies and exploring.

I’m also sitting at 1g and not sure how to grind more (effectively). Is getting 20s out of the trading post really THAT big a deal (not that I’ve ever managed to do that)?

People do LFG for dungeons but except for a couple of weirdos they only do it on the map with the dungeon entrances. The rest will use gw2lfg.com.

As for grinding for gear that depends. Some people want them for the different skin/appearance. Other people want different stats for different builds. I have a 3 armor sets and several weapon sets on my warrior for different situations. Same on thief and elementalist(although fewer sets on each than warrior).

Getting 20s out of the TP is not a big deal. You can get that much just from running around and harvesting whatever you come across and selling them. The guaranteed rare from the megabosses is basically a guaranteed 20s as well if you sell it. Did you mean 20g?

… on the other hand the most popular way to grind for gold right now is the Citadel of Flame dungeon. A speed run can apparently go as fast as 8minutes which will get you 26s along with anything else that might drop. You also get 60 token per path per character(there is some DR to be aware of). The tokens can be used to get exotic gear or you can get two rares that can be salvaged for up to 3 ectos each. That is a potential profit of around 1g22s. For a non-speedrun 15minutes should still be sufficient but will vary depending on the group.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Psyklone.7540

Psyklone.7540

thanks for the clarifications.
when you say sell the rare do you mean tp or vendor?

Khisanth.2948

thanks for the clarifications.
when you say sell the rare do you mean tp or vendor?

I mean TP but typically I only see if it will sell for more than the cost of an ecto which means ecto price * 1.18 or 1.20 for easier calculation.

Posted by: shonefob.7091

shonefob.7091

YOu could WvW, Collect every armor in the game, go for titles, help new players, joina guild to do dungeon runs with instead of joining pub groups, start an alt, do Spvp, get into build making and mess around with things, Do guild missions, try to find secrets in the game that others have yet to find and maybe even find out some new lore, do every dungeon and every path in the game. I could go on but everyone has something they like you just need to find it or if you get bored for a bit just take a week or two break. This game has no fee so you will not be punished for it and they update it every month so there will be something new to come back to.

Posted by: GunshyGamer.2076

GunshyGamer.2076

Heh 1 is not a very good representation of that fight. You are also supposed to use the electrified cages for the fight but when we did it for the first time brute forcing through it wasn’t that bad either.

The problem with meleeing the boss is not because it’s dangerous to do so but greatly increases your chance of being eaten. When you get eaten it becomes immune to damage which makes the fight longer than it needs to be.

Oh I see that makes sense. As I said I haven’t dived much into FotM yet so forgive my ignorance, I just remember tanking the thing and everyone nailing it (and it’s minions) with DPS while I did so. But as I mentioned before it was only on 1 haha.

Khisanth.2948

YOu could WvW, Collect every armor in the game, go for titles, help new players, joina guild to do dungeon runs with instead of joining pub groups, start an alt, do Spvp, get into build making and mess around with things, Do guild missions, try to find secrets in the game that others have yet to find and maybe even find out some new lore, do every dungeon and every path in the game. I could go on but everyone has something they like you just need to find it or if you get bored for a bit just take a week or two break. This game has no fee so you will not be punished for it and they update it every month so there will be something new to come back to.

Try and find all the “events” in the game.
I knew there was supposed to be more to the quaggan games event in frostgorge but never stuck around after the events to see it. Finally got around to seeing it a couple of days ago, nothing world changing but still interesting. Despite nearly 3 world completions I still run across stuff I haven’t seen before. Some of it is like the quaggan games above, I knew it SHOULD be there but never stopped to look.

Posted by: Vlawde.1895

Vlawde.1895

I’m kind of stuck at 80 myself. I’ve got the best stats on my armor and weapons, so what now? The one thing I don’t like about this game is the only other thing I can do is grind for skins…not higher stats. And honestly, looks/skins just don’t matter to me. higher stats yeah

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I’m kind of stuck at 80 myself. I’ve got the best stats on my armor and weapons, so what now? The one thing I don’t like about this game is the only other thing I can do is grind for skins…not higher stats. And honestly, looks/skins just don’t matter to me. higher stats yeah

If you only care about stats in other games and you get the highest stats, what do you do then? The same thing. pvp or stop playing.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com